T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
bilboteabaggins

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby bilboteabaggins » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:19 am

mrosmith wrote:Decision at Michigan as of today, the holiday. Can't log into the admitted student's page, and didn't receive a call. Guess it's my first Ding. Oh well, guess I'll settle for Georgetown.

How do you know you got a decision?

mrosmith

Postby mrosmith » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:29 am

On their status checker. It said complete on friday, now it says decision.

mrosmith

Postby mrosmith » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:31 am

http://web.law.umich.edu/AdmAppStatus/home.aspx

I had a UM ID number from undergrad.

bilboteabaggins

Postby bilboteabaggins » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:08 am

ahh...i never got a status checker.

starchinkilt

Postby starchinkilt » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:14 am

mrosmith wrote:On their status checker. It said complete on friday, now it says decision.

Yeah, I don't think anyone who applied to Mich ITT got a status checker, so we can't tell you what it means.

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:20 am

mrosmith wrote:Decision at Michigan as of today, the holiday. Can't log into the admitted student's page, and didn't receive a call. Guess it's my first Ding. Oh well, guess I'll settle for Georgetown.

Sorry to hear that.

I'm surprised they were even working today.

Vronsky

Postby Vronsky » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:37 am

So this is slightly off topic but I didn't want to start a new thread.

I got my $800 Georgetown deadline pushed back to Wednesday 7/6, and I'm Under Review at Penn (updated 6/24 then 6/30) and NYU (6/24). I really think that this is the week we start to see a lot of activity. Obviously if I get into one of the 4 schools remaining, I can safely decline at Georgetown.

1) Is it appropriate to email or call the schools that I'm under review and tell them that I'm hoping for an acceptance before my deposit is due at GTown? 2) If so, exactly how to phrase this?

acore8604

Postby acore8604 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:59 am

Vronsky wrote:So this is slightly off topic but I didn't want to start a new thread.

I got my $800 Georgetown deadline pushed back to Wednesday 7/6, and I'm Under Review at Penn (updated 6/24 then 6/30) and NYU (6/24). I really think that this is the week we start to see a lot of activity. Obviously if I get into one of the 4 schools remaining, I can safely decline at Georgetown.

1) Is it appropriate to email or call the schools that I'm under review and tell them that I'm hoping for an acceptance before my deposit is due at GTown? 2) If so, exactly how to phrase this?

I'm having the same issues with UVA law and i'm waiting to hear back from many of those schools. I attached an addendum when I applied asking them to let me know by today if possible. Subsequently I got the UVA deposit pushed back. I haven't heard from any school as of yet so many just not call and eat the 800 if you get into the others

keg411

Postby keg411 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:19 am

Vronsky wrote:So this is slightly off topic but I didn't want to start a new thread.

From last year's dates, Penn/NYU decisions didn't come out until way later in the month. This is pretty much why I figured I'd just "eat" the Georgetown deposit since getting everything pushed back a day or so wouldn't make a difference. I suppose you could try sending an e-mail and see what happens, but I dunno if either school will have decisions ready by tomorrow.

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:35 pm

For those who applied to Columbia, how long did it take you to get a confirmation and credentials to access the status checker? I applied yesterday (a bit late, but hopefully with enough time to get serious consideration), and I haven't gotten them yet. I'm not exactly worried since it was just yesterday that I applied, but I'm curious as to when people got confirmation and access to the checker.

Edit: Just got the confirmation that they have all pieces to the app
Last edited by kaiser on Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeSimone

Postby DeSimone » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:01 pm

keg411 wrote:

From last year's dates, Penn/NYU decisions didn't come out until way later in the month.

Did they also start reviewing around the same time (end of June)? I was hoping it wouldn't take more than another week or so to hear from them...

lawschoolgrapedme

Postby lawschoolgrapedme » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:08 pm

kaiser wrote:For those who applied to Columbia, how long did it take you to get a confirmation and credentials to access the status checker? I applied yesterday (a bit late, but hopefully with enough time to get serious consideration), and I haven't gotten them yet. I'm not exactly worried since it was just yesterday that I applied, but I'm curious as to when people got confirmation and access to the checker.

took me a few days

lawschoolgrapedme

Postby lawschoolgrapedme » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:10 pm

So does anyone have any insight on how often Columbia or NYU update their status checkers? Is it daily like NU?

lawschoolgrapedme

Postby lawschoolgrapedme » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:44 pm

lawschoolgrapedme wrote:So does anyone have any insight on how often Columbia or NYU update their status checkers? Is it daily like NU?

To answer my question, NYU admissions office just told me status checker is updated every 2 business days

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:47 pm

lawschoolgrapedme wrote:
lawschoolgrapedme wrote:So does anyone have any insight on how often Columbia or NYU update their status checkers? Is it daily like NU?

To answer my question, NYU admissions office just told me status checker is updated every 2 business days

Doubt that is true. Mine status has been "processing" for about 3 weeks, yet I know for a fact they have all my materials since they confirmed this with me over the phone awhile ago.

AugustaMasters

Postby AugustaMasters » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:49 pm

Anyone confirm whether NYU requires undergrad transcripts sent directly to them?

lawschoolgrapedme

Postby lawschoolgrapedme » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:19 pm

AugustaMasters wrote:Anyone confirm whether NYU requires undergrad transcripts sent directly to them?

Always

lawschoolgrapedme

Postby lawschoolgrapedme » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:20 pm

kaiser wrote:
lawschoolgrapedme wrote:

Doubt that is true. Mine status has been "processing" for about 3 weeks, yet I know for a fact they have all my materials since they confirmed this with me over the phone awhile ago.

I'll be back in two days - if not: rampage

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:24 pm

lawschoolgrapedme wrote:
kaiser wrote:
lawschoolgrapedme wrote:

I'll be back in two days - if not: rampage

I actually just called em since their status check is so useless. They confirmed that I am complete and have been for a long time.

lawschoolgrapedme

Postby lawschoolgrapedme » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:28 pm

Does anyone have any idea on when the following schools will begin releasing decisions? I can't find info on the dates anywhere?

Chicago,
Columbia,
NYU,
Northwestern

mscarn23

Postby mscarn23 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:00 pm

I was browsing last year's threads a few weeks back and jotted down the following dates for acceptances...

Penn: July 9- July 27
Nyu: July 5- august 8
Columbia: July 8- July 29
Harvard: July 12- august 3
Yale: July 18- July 22

DeSimone

Postby DeSimone » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:01 pm

mscarn23 wrote:I was browsing last year's threads a few weeks back and jotted down the following dates for acceptances...

Much thanks!

keg411

Postby keg411 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:41 pm

lawschoolgrapedme wrote:
AugustaMasters wrote:Anyone confirm whether NYU requires undergrad transcripts sent directly to them?

Always

So then that's another thing I have to do that I didn't realize was 100% necessary. (BTW, if anyone went complete without doing this, I will love you forever because I can't get transcripts easily from my undergrad anymore due to it being forever ago :( ).

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:54 pm

keg411 wrote:
lawschoolgrapedme wrote:

Always

So then that's another thing I have to do that I didn't realize was 100% necessary. (BTW, if anyone went complete without doing this, I will love you forever because I can't get transcripts easily from my undergrad anymore due to it being forever ago :( ).

I may be wrong, but I recall them being the only school I applied to that actually required undergrad transcripts to be sent directly, rather than just drawing my LSAC compiled undergrad data.

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:54 pm

DeSimone wrote:
mscarn23 wrote:I was browsing last year's threads a few weeks back and jotted down the following dates for acceptances...

Much thanks!

Clutch, man! Thank you.

Return to “Transfers”