T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
nene
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:15 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby nene » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:09 pm

No decision yet from NYU. I'm not sure what to do. Have to register at my current school by Monday and I got 12 interviews for OCI coming up. Plus to complicate things, I'm going on vacation on Sunday and I will have very limited access to the internet. Not sure if I will be able to bid for NYU OCI if I get in next week.

mrloblaw
Posts: 534
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby mrloblaw » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:07 pm

nene wrote:No decision yet from NYU. I'm not sure what to do. Have to register at my current school by Monday and I got 12 interviews for OCI coming up. Plus to complicate things, I'm going on vacation on Sunday and I will have very limited access to the internet. Not sure if I will be able to bid for NYU OCI if I get in next week.



I have absolutely no idea whether NYU makes any kind of special accommodations for those who are admitted this late in the game, but if not, you'd be working on an incredibly compressed timeline between now and the start of the year. If you seriously want to transfer, it might be worth calling them on Monday and asking what happens if you are admitted at this point. I'm hesitant to say more because it would be idle speculation on my part.

TransferRisk
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby TransferRisk » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:12 am

No letter from Colum.

Sent an e-mail saying I'm no longer interested.

mscarn23
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:46 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby mscarn23 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:26 am

Friday evening I declined NYU's admit, so hopefully someone on here will get my spot. Have decided to return to my current school. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

flattire
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:03 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby flattire » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:17 pm

I'm really late to reading all these posts but I'm waiting on Columbia still.

Did they ever change the status checker to decision when people received the snail mail decision? This is just getting really late in the game to not have heard back from them.

lightlycurious
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:13 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby lightlycurious » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:50 pm

anyone out there still waiting to hear from nyu or columbia? or anybody still deciding whether or not to enroll at nyu?

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby kaiser » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:16 pm

lightlycurious wrote:anyone out there still waiting to hear from nyu or columbia? or anybody still deciding whether or not to enroll at nyu?


I don't think its possible to still be deciding about NYU. OCI starts on Thursday, and bidding is already done. Unless the transfer student was completely fine not participating in OCI, I don't see what the point isn transferring is at this point




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.