T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
psamp1024
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:15 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby psamp1024 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:37 pm

It is very strange that Stanford seems to be rejecting people so slowly. Maybe they are reviewing each 'borderline' application carefully now? Odd.

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby keg411 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:47 pm

Finally got my CLS ding letter.

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby kaiser » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:57 pm

keg411 wrote:Finally got my CLS ding letter.


Sorry to hear that, but you are going to love Michigan and, like a few of us on here, it was a win win situation for you so there isn't too much to be bummed about

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby keg411 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:58 pm

kaiser wrote:
keg411 wrote:Finally got my CLS ding letter.


Sorry to hear that, but you are going to love Michigan and, like a few of us on here, it was a win win situation for you so there isn't too much to be bummed about


Believe me, I'm not bummed at all; I've already done 90% of my mass mailing as a Mich student. I just want my cycle to be over at this point :).

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby kaiser » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:01 pm

keg411 wrote:
kaiser wrote:
keg411 wrote:Finally got my CLS ding letter.


Sorry to hear that, but you are going to love Michigan and, like a few of us on here, it was a win win situation for you so there isn't too much to be bummed about


Believe me, I'm not bummed at all; I've already done 90% of my mass mailing as a Mich student. I just want my cycle to be over at this point :).


Haha same here. I sent out a ton of mass mails saying I'm an NYU student, and didn't want to have to update every single one by saying "oh wait, now its Columbia".

saveferris2013
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:55 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby saveferris2013 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:57 pm

Just to double check, decision letter sent + no call at S = death. Yes?

ms2010
Posts: 352
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:47 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby ms2010 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:27 pm

keg411 wrote:Finally got my CLS ding letter.


Still nothing here. Come on CLS.

LawWeb
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:26 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby LawWeb » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:35 pm

saveferris2013 wrote:Just to double check, decision letter sent + no call at S = death. Yes?

So far that has been the case. There were only accepts on that first day via phone. Any other movement has, as you put it, equalled last rights.

LawWeb
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:26 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby LawWeb » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:39 pm

psamp1024 wrote:It is very strange that Stanford seems to be rejecting people so slowly. Maybe they are reviewing each 'borderline' application carefully now? Odd.

I agree. My only guess is that they ranked all the aps they still have, and as acceptance deposits come in, they let go little by little. Totally a guess though. Could just as easily be they are just busy and little by little getting to the declines.

engineered madness
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:35 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby engineered madness » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:11 am

ms2010 wrote:
keg411 wrote:Finally got my CLS ding letter.


Still nothing here. Come on CLS.


Here's to hoping for a miracle tomorrow

User avatar
tww909
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:41 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby tww909 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:38 am

LawWeb wrote:
psamp1024 wrote:It is very strange that Stanford seems to be rejecting people so slowly. Maybe they are reviewing each 'borderline' application carefully now? Odd.

I agree. My only guess is that they ranked all the aps they still have, and as acceptance deposits come in, they let go little by little. Totally a guess though. Could just as easily be they are just busy and little by little getting to the declines.


i don't know what the explanation is for their speed (and i certainly don't want to be the bearer of bad news), but they sent around an email to all transfers planning to attend today. 15 people are on it, which fits closely with their usual transfer class size.

it doesn't necessarily mean everyone else is out for sure. i just figured people waiting would like to know.

LawWeb
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:26 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby LawWeb » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:06 am

tww909 wrote:
LawWeb wrote:
psamp1024 wrote:It is very strange that Stanford seems to be rejecting people so slowly. Maybe they are reviewing each 'borderline' application carefully now? Odd.

I agree. My only guess is that they ranked all the aps they still have, and as acceptance deposits come in, they let go little by little. Totally a guess though. Could just as easily be they are just busy and little by little getting to the declines.


i don't know what the explanation is for their speed (and i certainly don't want to be the bearer of bad news), but they sent around an email to all transfers planning to attend today. 15 people are on it, which fits closely with their usual transfer class size.

it doesn't necessarily mean everyone else is out for sure. i just figured people waiting would like to know.


Thanks, that is good to know. Now that the deadline is past and they have their numbers, should be a flushing over the next couple of days, with maybe the 1 or 2 more accepts if they'll be making any. Though they could keep some around in case some who accepted leave for late Harvard or Yale accepts.

abt11
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:52 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby abt11 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:58 am

Anyone hear from NYU recently?

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby kaiser » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:11 am

abt11 wrote:Anyone hear from NYU recently?


Quite a few people heard recently, but I can't imagine there being too many more. EIW bidding for transfers takes places beginning on Monday, and we get our selections on Thursday. Not sure how one could get the ball rolling and be ready to bid by Monday if they don't already have an acceptance in hand.

ms2010
Posts: 352
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:47 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby ms2010 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:12 am

kaiser wrote:
abt11 wrote:Anyone hear from NYU recently?


Quite a few people heard recently, but I can't imagine there being too many more. EIW bidding for transfers takes places beginning on Monday, and we get our selections on Thursday. Not sure how one could get the ball rolling and be ready to bid by Monday if they don't already have an acceptance in hand.


I do agree with this. They made very clear that there will not be any extensions in deadlines for EIW.

engineered madness
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:35 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby engineered madness » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:44 am

anyone have guesses as to how long it take a letter to arrive in nj from nyc?

ms2010
Posts: 352
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:47 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby ms2010 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:46 am

engineered madness wrote:anyone have guesses as to how long it take a letter to arrive in nj from nyc?


I'm on the other side of the city in CT and still nothing.

engineered madness
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:35 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby engineered madness » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:47 am

ms2010 wrote:
engineered madness wrote:anyone have guesses as to how long it take a letter to arrive in nj from nyc?


I'm on the other side of the city in CT and still nothing.


I think we find out today

ms2010
Posts: 352
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:47 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby ms2010 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:48 am

engineered madness wrote:
ms2010 wrote:
engineered madness wrote:anyone have guesses as to how long it take a letter to arrive in nj from nyc?


I'm on the other side of the city in CT and still nothing.


I think we find out today


And I'm not too optimistic about that result.

engineered madness
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:35 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby engineered madness » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:49 am

ms2010 wrote:
engineered madness wrote:
ms2010 wrote:
engineered madness wrote:anyone have guesses as to how long it take a letter to arrive in nj from nyc?


I'm on the other side of the city in CT and still nothing.


I think we find out today


And I'm not too optimistic about that result.


come on, stay with me here, we got a shot...

engineered madness
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:35 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby engineered madness » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:06 pm

anybody grab their snail mail yet?

ms2010
Posts: 352
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:47 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby ms2010 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:14 pm

engineered madness wrote:anybody grab their snail mail yet?


Not yet.

ms2010
Posts: 352
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:47 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby ms2010 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:48 pm

FINALLY dinged by CLS. NYU - here I come!

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby kaiser » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:52 pm

ms2010 wrote:FINALLY dinged by CLS. NYU - here I come!


You must be glad to have the decision done. Congrats, and I will see you in a few weeks.

sjedood
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:06 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby sjedood » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:03 pm

spoke to NYU, they said that decisions will be complete at the middle of the month, and even then students can participate in OCI. That said, I think if your still UR it isnt a bad thing. People have been rejected, and so they must be still considering you.




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.