T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
engineered madness
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:35 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby engineered madness » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:52 am

This is a question to everyone who had applied to transfer with either successful results or otherwise: Did any of you visit the prospective transfer school and attempt to speak with the admissions council? Were you able to, and if so, what was the substance of the conversation? Perhaps this is a base left uncovered that future transfer candidates could exploit...

SniperBarbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:27 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby SniperBarbie » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:53 am

keg411 wrote:
TransferRisk wrote:How many are still waiting to hear from CLS?


I'm pretty sure there are only a couple of us and my guess is it's mostly because of slow mail.


+1

mebeSajid
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:05 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby mebeSajid » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:45 am

SniperBarbie wrote:
keg411 wrote:
TransferRisk wrote:How many are still waiting to hear from CLS?


I'm pretty sure there are only a couple of us and my guess is it's mostly because of slow mail.


+1


+2

I just renewed my lease though - I'm 99% staying at this point.

ms2010
Posts: 352
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:47 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby ms2010 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:27 am

I have not heard from CLS either yet...

xyz789
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:02 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby xyz789 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:22 pm

got a "complete" email from CLS friday at about 5:30pm even though some of my boxes are still unchecked. hopefully they still have some acceptances to dish out, but not very optimistic about it.

asdfffff
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:32 pm

.

Postby asdfffff » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:35 pm

.
Last edited by asdfffff on Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Regionality
Posts: 789
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:13 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby Regionality » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:30 am

engineered madness wrote:This is a question to everyone who had applied to transfer with either successful results or otherwise: Did any of you visit the prospective transfer school and attempt to speak with the admissions council? Were you able to, and if so, what was the substance of the conversation? Perhaps this is a base left uncovered that future transfer candidates could exploit...


I did not visit after I gradually came to realize that I wasn't applying to undergrads. Law schools are building with professors in towns with places to live and restaurants to eat at (well, with the exception of Washington and Lee). They all have nice libraries and places to take breaks during lunch...I just never felt the need during the transfer process to "get a vibe" from the school. This is a career decision. I only cared about: Reputation/career prospects, cost and regional location.

*though I will add that everyone seemed to say Berkeley had an awesome student population/level of relaxed and happy students compared to places like NYU and CLS...but that didn't affect my decision bc ultimately I wanted SF Bay Area or DC.

Transferthrowaway
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:40 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby Transferthrowaway » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:38 am

Regionality wrote:
engineered madness wrote:This is a question to everyone who had applied to transfer with either successful results or otherwise: Did any of you visit the prospective transfer school and attempt to speak with the admissions council? Were you able to, and if so, what was the substance of the conversation? Perhaps this is a base left uncovered that future transfer candidates could exploit...


I did not visit after I gradually came to realize that I wasn't applying to undergrads. Law schools are building with professors in towns with places to live and restaurants to eat at (well, with the exception of Washington and Lee). They all have nice libraries and places to take breaks during lunch...I just never felt the need during the transfer process to "get a vibe" from the school. This is a career decision. I only cared about: Reputation/career prospects, cost and regional location.

*though I will add that everyone seemed to say Berkeley had an awesome student population/level of relaxed and happy students compared to places like NYU and CLS...but that didn't affect my decision bc ultimately I wanted SF Bay Area or DC.


I think the post was more aimed at answering the question - "Do you think a face-to-face visit with admissions helped you get into the school?"

User avatar
Regionality
Posts: 789
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:13 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby Regionality » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:45 am

Transferthrowaway wrote:
Regionality wrote:
engineered madness wrote:This is a question to everyone who had applied to transfer with either successful results or otherwise: Did any of you visit the prospective transfer school and attempt to speak with the admissions council? Were you able to, and if so, what was the substance of the conversation? Perhaps this is a base left uncovered that future transfer candidates could exploit...


I did not visit after I gradually came to realize that I wasn't applying to undergrads. Law schools are building with professors in towns with places to live and restaurants to eat at (well, with the exception of Washington and Lee). They all have nice libraries and places to take breaks during lunch...I just never felt the need during the transfer process to "get a vibe" from the school. This is a career decision. I only cared about: Reputation/career prospects, cost and regional location.

*though I will add that everyone seemed to say Berkeley had an awesome student population/level of relaxed and happy students compared to places like NYU and CLS...but that didn't affect my decision bc ultimately I wanted SF Bay Area or DC.


I think the post was more aimed at answering the question - "Do you think a face-to-face visit with admissions helped you get into the school?"


oh....

.
.
.

No.

I just spent the whole day at a casino with 4 hours of driving. Reading comp fail.

mebeSajid
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:05 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby mebeSajid » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:07 am

Can anyone get into the NYU admitted students site? My status is decision letter sent, but with no email or phone call.

ms2010
Posts: 352
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:47 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby ms2010 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:35 am

I got in over a week ago and still cannot get in.

pinetree80
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:36 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby pinetree80 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:49 am

just got an email from NYU career services for admitted students. status had changed on Friday to "decision letter sent" - I had not yet seen the letter.

mebeSajid
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:05 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby mebeSajid » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:50 am

pinetree80 wrote:just got an email from NYU career services for admitted students. status had changed on Friday to "decision letter sent" - I had not yet seen the letter.


Ditto.

engineered madness
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:35 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby engineered madness » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:52 am

Columbia....

Transferthrowaway
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:40 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby Transferthrowaway » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:57 am

engineered madness wrote:Columbia....

Ambiguous...

engineered madness
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:35 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby engineered madness » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:00 am

Transferthrowaway wrote:
engineered madness wrote:Columbia....

Ambiguous...


you still waiting (for either late mail or email) as well?

ms2010
Posts: 352
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:47 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby ms2010 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:05 am

engineered madness wrote:
Transferthrowaway wrote:
engineered madness wrote:Columbia....

Ambiguous...


you still waiting (for either late mail or email) as well?


Still waiting here...

Transferthrowaway
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:40 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby Transferthrowaway » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:11 am

Didn't apply to CLS. I'm only waiting on SLS now.

engineered madness
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:35 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby engineered madness » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:12 am

ms2010 wrote:
engineered madness wrote:
Transferthrowaway wrote:
engineered madness wrote:Columbia....

Ambiguous...


you still waiting (for either late mail or email) as well?


Still waiting here...


I am dreading the mailbox.

pinetree80
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:36 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby pinetree80 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:13 am

ms2010 wrote:
engineered madness wrote:
Transferthrowaway wrote:
engineered madness wrote:Columbia....

Ambiguous...


you still waiting (for either late mail or email) as well?


Still waiting here...


+1

sjedood
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:06 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby sjedood » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:20 am

has anyone been rejected from NYU that went under review AFTER 7/12? Im just trying to see if they are actually still considering me or if they just didnt get to rejecting me yet

lightlycurious
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:13 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby lightlycurious » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:50 am

sjedood wrote:has anyone been rejected from NYU that went under review AFTER 7/12? Im just trying to see if they are actually still considering me or if they just didnt get to rejecting me yet


+1 (or BEFORE...i went UR 6/27...)

mebeSajid
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:05 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby mebeSajid » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:50 am

pinetree80 wrote:
ms2010 wrote:
engineered madness wrote:

you still waiting (for either late mail or email) as well?


Still waiting here...


+1


+2

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby kaiser » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:53 am

I live within 40 minutes of NY, and got my CLS rejection letter on Saturday. So my guess is that a large round of rejections went out at the very end of the week, and most wouldn't have gotten to their destinations just yet. For those still waiting, my fingers are crossed for you.

engineered madness
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:35 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby engineered madness » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:14 pm

so what's everyone's guess - people getting rejected and/or admitted today to CLS?




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.