T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Transferthrowaway

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby Transferthrowaway » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:58 pm

kaiser wrote:I'm absolutely amazed that they would push this over the next weekend to someone who has been complete for a week and a half. With OCI under 3 weeks away and life-altering decisions have to be made, you can't possibly drag your feet like this

E-mail them!

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:01 pm

Transferthrowaway wrote:
kaiser wrote:I'm absolutely amazed that they would push this over the next weekend to someone who has been complete for a week and a half. With OCI under 3 weeks away and life-altering decisions have to be made, you can't possibly drag your feet like this

E-mail them!

Do you really think that, if I'm accepted, that they would just tell me via email at my request? I just feel so weird doing that. And I'm damn sure that, one second past 5 o clock, that office is totally shut down

keg411

Postby keg411 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:02 pm

Another day with nothing from CLS/NYU. Although I suppose I'm glad I haven't heard anything from NYU since they were all dings today.

Also, this is starting to loom at little bigger for me because I have some personal reasons for wanting to stay in the area (although not the LOCI kind).

Also, kaiser, I've been complete a week longer than you have at CLS. There is zero chance I'm emailing, because it would be asking for a ding. Also, you already have NYU. I just want one of them and I'd withdraw from the other.

Regionality

Postby Regionality » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:03 pm

keg411 wrote:Another day with nothing from CLS/NYU. Although I suppose I'm glad I haven't heard anything from NYU since they were all dings today.

Also, this is starting to loom at little bigger for me because I have some personal reasons for wanting to stay in the area (although not the LOCI kind).

Also, kaiser, I've been complete a week longer than you have at CLS. There is zero chance I'm emailing, because it would be asking for a ding. Also, you already have NYU. I just want one of them and I'd withdraw from the other.

New lover in the city?

keg411

Postby keg411 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:07 pm

Regionality wrote:
keg411 wrote:Another day with nothing from CLS/NYU. Although I suppose I'm glad I haven't heard anything from NYU since they were all dings today.

New lover in the city?

Sort of. But it's definitely along those type of lines :lol:.

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:09 pm

Its just odd that no one is hearing anything. Then perhaps we are all just rejected. Fine. Easy enough. Just freaking tell us already, whichever way.

jstn1104

Postby jstn1104 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:11 pm

I know NYU has some acceptance deadlines on Monday, maybe some spots will open up then?

xyz789

Postby xyz789 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:29 pm

just got email from CLS at 5:20pm saying my file is complete.

pinetree80

Postby pinetree80 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:32 pm

NYU status changed to Decision letter sent, no email today

engineered madness

Postby engineered madness » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:38 pm

xyz789 wrote:just got email from CLS at 5:20pm saying my file is complete.

No summer fridays??

mrloblaw

Postby mrloblaw » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:42 pm

kaiser wrote:
mrloblaw wrote:I emailed Columbia earlier and ask that my decision be emailed as soon as it was available due to time constraints on my other offers. I had a rejection within 20 minutes.

It's up to you guys whether you want to tempt fate with the same.

Since I've already deposited at NYU, I don't think I have a need to be that bold, but at least you tried

Indeed. I knew there was a 95% chance I was effectively begging them for a ding, but I was at the point that not hearing from them for another hour would have been the equivalent of a ding anyway, so I thought "What the Hell?".

If anything, it was a more effective means of withdrawing my application than actually sending a withdrawal, which seems to be completely ineffective for the TLS posters who have tried that.

And BTW, the ding letter they attached was dated yesterday, so its likely they were just confirming something they had already snailmailed. I guess I'll see whether I get an identical letter in the mail tomorrow.

odiero

Postby odiero » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:09 pm

I did the same thing mrloblaw did, with the same result.

Hard copy of the rejection letter was in my mailbox when I got home.

NYU it is! Stoked.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:16 pm

I live pretty close to CLS, so I'll take the fact that the little white rejection envelope has yet to arrive as at least a neutral sign (first I thought it would be yesterday, then today... maybe tomorrow....).

SLShopeful

Postby SLShopeful » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:58 pm

anybody have the balls to call Stanford today before they close shop? [I don't]

mrloblaw

Postby mrloblaw » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:07 pm

keg411 wrote:I live pretty close to CLS, so I'll take the fact that the little white rejection envelope has yet to arrive as at least a neutral sign (first I thought it would be yesterday, then today... maybe tomorrow....).

Hopefully a good sign. Seems like they're just sending rejections ATM pending another round of acceptances.

Transferthrowaway

Postby Transferthrowaway » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:31 pm

2 friends' S status checkers changed to decision letters sent. I'm still sitting at "submitted for review". Anyone?

SLShopeful

Postby SLShopeful » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:43 pm

Transferthrowaway wrote:2 friends' S status checkers changed to decision letters sent. I'm still sitting at "submitted for review". Anyone?

I'm still hangin in there...

somethingdemure

Postby somethingdemure » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:44 pm

SLShopeful wrote:
Transferthrowaway wrote:2 friends' S status checkers changed to decision letters sent. I'm still sitting at "submitted for review". Anyone?

Same here.

Give them a break though, I'm sure they have tens of applications left to sift through.

Transferthrowaway

Postby Transferthrowaway » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:53 pm

somethingdemure wrote:
SLShopeful wrote:

Same here.

Give them a break though, I'm sure they have tens of applications left to sift through.

stares at the phone, willing it to ring.

Chiglaw

Postby Chiglaw » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:49 pm

catecureuil wrote:
darklighter13 wrote:Dinged at Chicago.

+1. Jeez, finally.

+1 Glad to be done with the cycle but wish this one had turned out differently. Ann Arbor it is.

LawWeb

Postby LawWeb » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:11 pm

Still UR at S.

SLShopeful

Postby SLShopeful » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:26 am

I'm quite surprised at how many ppl here are still UR at SLS. My view is that since (at least) four of us here are still UR there, there must be many more out there as well, since we are just a limited sample. But I may be underestimating TLS... maybe everybody that has a chance at SLS is a member of TLS???

transfer

Postby transfer » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:17 am

SLShopeful wrote:I'm quite surprised at how many ppl here are still UR at SLS. My view is that since (at least) four of us here are still UR there, there must be many more out there as well, since we are just a limited sample. But I may be underestimating TLS... maybe everybody that has a chance at SLS is a member of TLS???

Make that five - I've been lurking, and am still under review.

mebeSajid

Postby mebeSajid » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:24 am

pinetree80 wrote:NYU status changed to Decision letter sent, no email today

+1.

Decision letter sent at S as well ( :( ), and dinged at Chicago, all while at PLIP doing interviews. I think I tanked an interview because I was so annoyed with the Chicago rejection (it was like a half hour afterwards).

If NYU was an acceptance (of which I do not hold out that much hope), I'm still not sure I want to go to NYC - giving up law review, really cheap in-state tuition, being close family and having a pretty good shot at the local market for most practice areas and in other cities for patent work (at least if last week's feedback during interviews was anything to go by) for a city I'm not sure I want to be in long term and 120k in debt seems like a tough decision. If I stay, I'll have very little or no debt when I graduate.

engineered madness

Postby engineered madness » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:41 pm

Anybody get any mail from Columbia today?

Return to “Transfers”