T14 Transfer Status Change Thread Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
missinglink

Silver

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Post by missinglink » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:29 pm

jstn1104 wrote:
missinglink wrote:No status change at Chicago. Still says "on hold" from ED application.
I spoke to someone at Chicago today, he confirmed that they had all the info needed to make a decision, but that the ED apps won't be updated online until they make a decision.
Did they give you a timetable on when they would be making decisions?

I have a deadline with UCLA on the 7th, which has me a little concerned about Chicago. Although Chicago is a longshot, especially if the rumors of cutting back on the transfer class are true.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:36 pm

Rejected... from Law Review. (ours is almost pure write-one and people with better grades than me also got rejected)
GULC, etc., here I come :).

starchinkilt

Bronze

Post by starchinkilt » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:45 pm

Also, for anyone who is wondering, Michigan Law Review at most takes two transfers. You don't have to do the write-on note for the secondary journals though. Submitting a writing sample from your R+W class is fine. Other than that, you just submit a citation exercise, resume, personal statement, and potential note description.

tfer2222

Bronze

Post by tfer2222 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:01 pm

keg411 wrote:Rejected... from Law Review. (ours is almost pure write-one and people with better grades than me also got rejected)

Eh you'll be better off taking the transfer train anyway. Ill grade on to mine in a few weeks and it will be kinda depressing to turn down, but worth it.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:13 pm

tfer2222 wrote:
keg411 wrote:Rejected... from Law Review. (ours is almost pure write-one and people with better grades than me also got rejected)

Eh you'll be better off taking the transfer train anyway. Ill grade on to mine in a few weeks and it will be kinda depressing to turn down, but worth it.
I really wanted law review, though, because then I could have done a LRW TA with my prof from last year (she's only taking two people and wants people on main journal only) and stayed at my school with my scholarship. Maybe this is the universe telling me to transfer :lol:.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

of Benito Cereno

Silver

Post by of Benito Cereno » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:13 pm

jstn1104

Bronze

Post by jstn1104 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:18 pm

missinglink wrote:
jstn1104 wrote:
missinglink wrote:No status change at Chicago. Still says "on hold" from ED application.
I spoke to someone at Chicago today, he confirmed that they had all the info needed to make a decision, but that the ED apps won't be updated online until they make a decision.
Did they give you a timetable on when they would be making decisions?
~2 weeks or so, but who knows if that means everyone will know that soon.

missinglink

Silver

Post by missinglink » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:31 pm

I guess I'll just have to deposit at UCLA.

Kind of a shame Chicago is too late for the timetable I've been put on.

starchinkilt

Bronze

Post by starchinkilt » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:50 am

Just called NYU, they said to call after 2pm today to check if they have received all of you materials. They're going through and compiling all of the files now and plan on updating the system around 2ish.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

DeSimone

Bronze

Post by DeSimone » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:53 am

starchinkilt wrote:Just called NYU, they said to call after 2pm today to check if they have received all of you materials. They're going through and compiling all of the files now and plan on updating the system around 2ish.
Nah, 2 pm is when they all take off for the long weekend. :D

lawschoolgrapedme

Bronze

Post by lawschoolgrapedme » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:51 am

So, while I'm complete at Chicago and Northwestern waiting for a decision, I just found out that my undergrad decided not to send some form to NYU and Columbia - so I'm still not being reviewed by them. How bad does this hurt my chances?

Top 3% at top 25 school.

Wholigan

Silver

Post by Wholigan » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:04 am

lawschoolgrapedme wrote:So, while I'm complete at Chicago and Northwestern waiting for a decision, I just found out that my undergrad decided not to send some form to NYU and Columbia - so I'm still not being reviewed by them. How bad does this hurt my chances?

Top 3% at top 25 school.
My understanding is they need the undergrad dean's certs. I don't think it will "hurt" your chances as much as they may not even review your applications until they get them. I would call your UG today and see what the deal is, or give them new forms and explain the urgency.

jstn1104

Bronze

Post by jstn1104 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:12 am

Under Review at NYU 6/30

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:22 am

Wholigan wrote:
lawschoolgrapedme wrote:So, while I'm complete at Chicago and Northwestern waiting for a decision, I just found out that my undergrad decided not to send some form to NYU and Columbia - so I'm still not being reviewed by them. How bad does this hurt my chances?

Top 3% at top 25 school.
My understanding is they need the undergrad dean's certs. I don't think it will "hurt" your chances as much as they may not even review your applications until they get them. I would call your UG today and see what the deal is, or give them new forms and explain the urgency.
Chicago doesn't require a dean's cert, does it? Just the informational form, right?

lawschoolgrapedme

Bronze

Post by lawschoolgrapedme » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:23 am

traehekat wrote:
Wholigan wrote:

Top 3% at top 25 school.
Chicago doesn't require a dean's cert, does it? Just the informational form, right?
Correct

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:27 am

traehekat wrote:
Wholigan wrote:

Top 3% at top 25 school.
Only CLS/NYU do (they have special forms). Since my undergrad grades were so atrocious, I actually sent them my unofficial law school transcript so they weren't all "wtf is this person applying to columbia/nyu lulz". I just hope they reject me on the basis of my lawl skool grades and not my undergrad grades :lol:.

ClarDarr

Bronze

Post by ClarDarr » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:40 am

Anyone else who has not yet heard back starting to get a little excited? I'm complete 3 places and can't wait to hear back.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

a5L

New

Post by a5L » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:47 am

where is the CLS one? it isnt listed on the checklist or on the LSAC site

tfer2222

Bronze

Post by tfer2222 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:50 am

jstn1104 wrote:Under Review at NYU 6/30
+1

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:51 am

a5L wrote:where is the CLS one? it isnt listed on the checklist or on the LSAC site
It's under "Supplemental Forms".

Wholigan

Silver

Post by Wholigan » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:51 am

a5L wrote:where is the CLS one? it isnt listed on the checklist or on the LSAC site
LSAC --> CLS Transfer App --> Supplemental Form

Also, you can download forms here

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

acore8604

New

Post by acore8604 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:04 pm

I'm top 2% at a top 20 school. I got into UVA a day after they received my transcript, and I'm under review at Harvard, Penn, Columbia, while NYU is collecting my materials. Any idea what the timeline is for those schools?

lawschoolgrapedme

Bronze

Post by lawschoolgrapedme » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:06 pm

acore8604 wrote:I'm top 2% at a top 20 school. I got into UVA a day after they received my transcript, and I'm under review at Harvard, Penn, Columbia, while NYU is collecting my materials. Any idea what the timeline is for those schools?
I'd go ahead and move to Cambridge if I were you.

acore8604

New

Post by acore8604 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:13 pm

lawschoolgrapedme wrote:
acore8604 wrote:I'm top 2% at a top 20 school. I got into UVA a day after they received my transcript, and I'm under review at Harvard, Penn, Columbia, while NYU is collecting my materials. Any idea what the timeline is for those schools?
I have deep deep connections to Boston, is Harvard really a lock? I have to put a $1000 dollars down on UVA by the 5th or I loose my spot.

lawschoolgrapedme

Bronze

Post by lawschoolgrapedme » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:15 pm

acore8604 wrote:
lawschoolgrapedme wrote:
I have deep deep connections to Boston, is Harvard really a lock? I have to put a $1000 dollars down on UVA by the 5th or I loose my spot.
No, its not a lock. But I would say that Penn is, and you will get into at least one of NYU or Columbia, I'd pay UVA deposit - just like insurance...in the long run 1k wont be anything

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”