T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Transferthrowaway
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:40 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby Transferthrowaway » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:18 pm

Can I get an updated roll-call on who is still waiting at SLS?

SLShopeful
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:00 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby SLShopeful » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:33 pm

Transferthrowaway wrote:Can I get an updated roll-call on who is still waiting at SLS?


me

huskylaw26
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:14 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby huskylaw26 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:47 pm

In at NYU via "Congratulations and Welcome to NYU School of Law Housing" email 7/26. Package with letter and t-shirt arrived 7/28.

T2 in 50's, top 6-7%

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby kaiser » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:52 pm

huskylaw26 wrote:In at NYU via "Congratulations and Welcome to NYU School of Law Housing" email 7/26. Package with letter and t-shirt arrived 7/28.

T2 in 50's, top 6-7%


Nice. Honestly, if Columbia doesn't decide very soon, I'm likely just making my decision and picking NYU. Glad to have some (hopefully) future classmates getting acceptances the past few days.

engineered madness
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:35 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby engineered madness » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:58 pm

awesome, columbia quiet again...they never fail to disappoint

Transferthrowaway
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:40 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby Transferthrowaway » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:00 pm

huskylaw26 wrote:In at NYU via "Congratulations and Welcome to NYU School of Law Housing" email 7/26. Package with letter and t-shirt arrived 7/28.

T2 in 50's, top 6-7%

Wait wait wait, they gave you a t-shirt? I had to pay for my UChi Law one. What is this scam?

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby kaiser » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:05 pm

engineered madness wrote:awesome, columbia quiet again...they never fail to disappoint


Yep, "very very soon" my ass. One day closer to OCI. Glad they are taking their sweet time. Oh but you can be damn sure that they will demand every last dollar of tuition be paid in a timely fashion. Lots of urgency for that.

ms2010
Posts: 352
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:47 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby ms2010 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:38 pm

huskylaw26 wrote:In at NYU via "Congratulations and Welcome to NYU School of Law Housing" email 7/26. Package with letter and t-shirt arrived 7/28.

T2 in 50's, top 6-7%


Are you going to go?

ms2010
Posts: 352
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:47 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby ms2010 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:40 pm

kaiser wrote:
huskylaw26 wrote:In at NYU via "Congratulations and Welcome to NYU School of Law Housing" email 7/26. Package with letter and t-shirt arrived 7/28.

T2 in 50's, top 6-7%


Nice. Honestly, if Columbia doesn't decide very soon, I'm likely just making my decision and picking NYU. Glad to have some (hopefully) future classmates getting acceptances the past few days.


Pretty sure I already made this decision myself... I'm just hoping to get into housing.

darklighter13
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:01 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby darklighter13 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:43 pm

Transferthrowaway wrote:Wait wait wait, they gave you a t-shirt? I had to pay for my UChi Law one. What is this scam?

Trade my shirt for your admission? Full disclosure: it's wrinkled from the shrink-wrap packaging. A good wash should change that, though.

mebeSajid
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:05 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby mebeSajid » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:33 pm

Transferthrowaway wrote:Can I get an updated roll-call on who is still waiting at SLS?


+2. But you knew that.

catecureuil
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:38 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby catecureuil » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:31 pm

mebeSajid wrote:
Transferthrowaway wrote:Can I get an updated roll-call on who is still waiting at SLS?


+2. But you knew that.


+3. Just wish they would reject me already.

User avatar
Regionality
Posts: 789
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:13 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby Regionality » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:50 pm

catecureuil wrote:
mebeSajid wrote:
Transferthrowaway wrote:Can I get an updated roll-call on who is still waiting at SLS?


+2. But you knew that.


+3. Just wish they would reject me already.


Tomorrow should be the day for the rest...maybe 1 more acceptance or something like that?

LawWeb
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:26 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby LawWeb » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:32 am

I'll check in as still under review at SLS.

huskylaw26
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:14 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby huskylaw26 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:18 am

Transferthrowaway wrote:
huskylaw26 wrote:In at NYU via "Congratulations and Welcome to NYU School of Law Housing" email 7/26. Package with letter and t-shirt arrived 7/28.

T2 in 50's, top 6-7%

Wait wait wait, they gave you a t-shirt? I had to pay for my UChi Law one. What is this scam?


For the record, it is twice my size (and I am regular-sized) and I have never seen so many hard-core wrinkles per square inch. I'm not sure what message the t-shirt sends, nor am I sure why it was necessary to shrink-wrap. Then again, after a $1500 investment in this whole process, it's nice to capture some kind of return.

huskylaw26
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:14 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby huskylaw26 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:27 am

ms2010 wrote:
huskylaw26 wrote:In at NYU via "Congratulations and Welcome to NYU School of Law Housing" email 7/26. Package with letter and t-shirt arrived 7/28.

T2 in 50's, top 6-7%


Are you going to go?


Doubtful. Mich seems a better fit for me (don't want to practice in NYC anyways, and better chance at Law Review...not to mention significant scholarship money and lower cost of living at Mich) but I will take a couple days to think it through, given the many upsides of NYU. I already had a hard enough time composing a decline email to Penn -- I can't imagine doing the same with NYU, but just may have to.

Plus, I imagine a lot of people in Manhattan will make fun of my wrinkled t-shirt and I am sensitive to criticism.

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby keg411 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:46 am

huskylaw26 wrote:
ms2010 wrote:
huskylaw26 wrote:In at NYU via "Congratulations and Welcome to NYU School of Law Housing" email 7/26. Package with letter and t-shirt arrived 7/28.

T2 in 50's, top 6-7%


Are you going to go?


Doubtful. Mich seems a better fit for me (don't want to practice in NYC anyways, and better chance at Law Review...not to mention significant scholarship money and lower cost of living at Mich) but I will take a couple days to think it through, given the many upsides of NYU. I already had a hard enough time composing a decline email to Penn -- I can't imagine doing the same with NYU, but just may have to.

Plus, I imagine a lot of people in Manhattan will make fun of my wrinkled t-shirt and I am sensitive to criticism.


Mich gave you $$$$ as a transfer? Or are you in-state? Seriously, you must be really really impressive. Because I'm going to Mich but would have given it up in a heartbeat for an NYU/Penn acceptance.

huskylaw26
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:14 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby huskylaw26 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:06 am

keg411 wrote:
huskylaw26 wrote:
ms2010 wrote:
huskylaw26 wrote:In at NYU via "Congratulations and Welcome to NYU School of Law Housing" email 7/26. Package with letter and t-shirt arrived 7/28.

T2 in 50's, top 6-7%


Are you going to go?


Doubtful. Mich seems a better fit for me (don't want to practice in NYC anyways, and better chance at Law Review...not to mention significant scholarship money and lower cost of living at Mich) but I will take a couple days to think it through, given the many upsides of NYU. I already had a hard enough time composing a decline email to Penn -- I can't imagine doing the same with NYU, but just may have to.

Plus, I imagine a lot of people in Manhattan will make fun of my wrinkled t-shirt and I am sensitive to criticism.


Mich gave you $$$$ as a transfer? Or are you in-state? Seriously, you must be really really impressive. Because I'm going to Mich but would have given it up in a heartbeat for an NYU/Penn acceptance.


Nope, not particularly impressive and no, I didn't manage to break the mold of transfers not getting merit money -- wish I had, though. This money is from a third party and basically pays full ticket for a state school and much, much less for a private one. So as enticing as NYU and Penn are...

Looks like I will be able to give you all the details in person in Ann Arbor. I'm looking forward to this road trip in a couple weeks.

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby keg411 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:20 am

huskylaw26 wrote:Nope, not particularly impressive and no, I didn't manage to break the mold of transfers not getting merit money -- wish I had, though. This money is from a third party and basically pays full ticket for a state school and much, much less for a private one. So as enticing as NYU and Penn are...

Looks like I will be able to give you all the details in person in Ann Arbor. I'm looking forward to this road trip in a couple weeks.


Makes total sense then :). See you in a few weeks!

KafkaLover
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:15 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby KafkaLover » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:06 am

Just rejected from NYU via email.

xyz789
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:02 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby xyz789 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:07 am

ding at NYU via email

lightlycurious
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:13 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby lightlycurious » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:10 am

sorry to hear it...what time was the email sent/timestamped?

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby kaiser » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:15 am

Chances of CLS decisions today?

xyz789
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:02 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby xyz789 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:18 am

sent around 11am.

sjedood
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:06 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby sjedood » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:01 pm

no other movement from NYU?




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.