T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Regionality

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby Regionality » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:29 pm

TheBigMediocre wrote:Mine still just says "submitted for review"

+1

For what it's worth, my friend got his phone call before his status changed to decision letter sent.

Regionality

Postby Regionality » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:31 pm

Transfer987123 wrote:My SLS status changed too. Actually, it changed twice. It might be glitchy, it might be a negative sign, it might be a positive. Someone can PM me if they want to see if it is the same result. For the person worrying about not getting called, this just occurred and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't call until tomorrow at 8 am PST.

The thing is, if it's happening to a few people my guess is this means rejected because I don't think they're going to be accepting multiple people at once...most likey a trickling of acceptances as slots become available...that's my best educated guess.

TheBigMediocre

Postby TheBigMediocre » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:35 pm

Regionality wrote:
Transfer987123 wrote:My SLS status changed too. Actually, it changed twice. It might be glitchy, it might be a negative sign, it might be a positive. Someone can PM me if they want to see if it is the same result. For the person worrying about not getting called, this just occurred and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't call until tomorrow at 8 am PST.

The thing is, if it's happening to a few people my guess is this means rejected because I don't think they're going to be accepting multiple people at once...most likey a trickling of acceptances as slots become available...that's my best educated guess.

What does the glitched status say?

Transfer987123

Postby Transfer987123 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:41 pm

Regionality wrote:

Its a pretty good guess. Thing is mine changed to exactly what it changed to when I was accepted by my original school. They could have also just counted up how may new empty spots they had, and split everyone into "in," "out," and "continued to wait" piles, and that is what the status checker change is reflecting.

wiglaf1228

Postby wiglaf1228 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:44 pm

This thread (and the neuroticism in it) is a great argument for why status checkers should not exist.

Regionality

Postby Regionality » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:45 pm

wiglaf1228 wrote:This thread (and the neuroticism in it) is a great argument for why status checkers should not exist.

+∞, unless of course you're the person working the phones in the admissions office. I'd just call all the more.

tww909

Postby tww909 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:04 am

Regionality wrote:
TransferRisk wrote:Anyone checked the stanford status checker recently?

Yes-- im still "submitted for review". Called SLS and they said they are planning to make all decisions by the end of the month. In other words, if you're still "submitted for review" then you're not out yet. I take it as a defacto waitlist.

The woman also said that there is a way to compete for the write-on even if accepted later. I wasn't 100% sure what she meant by this but she said late admit could still write-on. Aug 1 is also the OCI deadline so we'd still be able to bid.

the way i understand the purpose for the write on going on now is so results will be in before OCI. if you got in late, you could still do the write on and provided your score on the packet was above a certain level (i don't remember what it is anymore) you make it on. you just wouldn't know for OCI.

YZH

Postby YZH » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:36 am

Hmm...my SLS status checker used to say Decision Letter Sent at the top, but now says nothing. No current status or current status date either. I'm sure that still doesn't mean anything positive. Oh well...

TransferRisk

Postby TransferRisk » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:58 am

Regionality wrote:

Most likely credited. I'll be crossing my fingers for a morning call though! Cmmmon Stanford!

nene

Postby nene » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:25 am

Hey everyone. Thought I'd join this thread. I'm waiting to hear from NYU. My undergrad took forever to send the college questionaire, but it should be there by now. My concern is that they never even called me to tell me it was missing. I didn't apply to any other schools.

mebeSajid

Postby mebeSajid » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:30 am

nene wrote:Hey everyone. Thought I'd join this thread. I'm waiting to hear from NYU. My undergrad took forever to send the college questionaire, but it should be there by now. My concern is that they never even called me to tell me it was missing. I didn't apply to any other schools.

Call them and ask if they got it.

Regionality

Postby Regionality » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:18 am

nene wrote:Hey everyone. Thought I'd join this thread. I'm waiting to hear from NYU. My undergrad took forever to send the college questionaire, but it should be there by now. My concern is that they never even called me to tell me it was missing. I didn't apply to any other schools.

Bad risk management, no? Why did you only apply to NYU? Surely Columbia would have been a good alternative, and perhaps Cornell, Penn, Harvard and maybe GULC for east coast schools?

GBR37

Postby GBR37 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:30 am

Last edited by GBR37 on Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xyz789

Postby xyz789 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:02 am

Chances we hear anything from NYU/CLS today?

Fishmouse

Postby Fishmouse » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:40 am

Maybe today is the day at Harvard. Spoke to a few other people still waiting by pm (anyone else still waiting please let me know). Everyone has competitive strong numbers but nobody is an absolute autoadmit. I guess then that we are a defacto waitlist. Although every year H has admitted some ppl after Y and S I'm starting to think we might be like the batch of ppm harvard kept around last year until the first week of august and then rejected.

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:43 am

xyz789 wrote:Chances we hear anything from NYU/CLS today?

As far as CLS goes, it seems like most admits received their acceptances within about a week of going complete. I went complete last Wednesday night, so if I don't hear anything by tomorrow, I will assume its a no.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:26 am

kaiser wrote:
xyz789 wrote:Chances we hear anything from NYU/CLS today?

As far as CLS goes, it seems like most admits received their acceptances within about a week of going complete. I went complete last Wednesday night, so if I don't hear anything by tomorrow, I will assume its a no.

I've been complete for more than a week, so +1.
I seriously just want NYU/CLS to send rejections and put me out of my misery :lol:.

lightlycurious

Postby lightlycurious » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:37 am

i've been complete (and under review) at CLS and NYU since 6/27...that'll be a month tomorrow, and no response or change. what does this mean? rejection on the way probably, right?

engineered madness

Postby engineered madness » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:38 am

guys what's with the pessimism?

noxhil

Postby noxhil » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:46 am

'
Last edited by noxhil on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Regionality

Postby Regionality » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:00 pm

noxhil wrote:Well my S status changed from "Decision Letter Sent" to "Submitted for Review." Dunno what the deal is.

Haha...SLS Mulligan!

TransferRisk

Postby TransferRisk » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:54 pm

Any phone calls?

nene

Postby nene » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:36 pm

Regionality wrote:

Bad risk management, no? Why did you only apply to NYU? Surely Columbia would have been a good alternative, and perhaps Cornell, Penn, Harvard and maybe GULC for east coast schools?

Well, the only school I really want to go to other than my current school is NYU, it's always been my dream law school. Family member is an alum. It's a very easy commute from my house so I could save money on housing. Only Columbia would also be a feasible commute from my house, but I'm just not really interested in Columbia.

Regionality

Postby Regionality » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:39 pm

nene wrote:
Regionality wrote:

Well, the only school I really want to go to other than my current school is NYU, it's always been my dream law school. Family member is an alum. It's a very easy commute from my house so I could save money on housing. Only Columbia would also be a feasible commute from my house, but I'm just not really interested in Columbia.

Well you very well may be stuck at your current school. What school is it?

empire84

Postby empire84 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:04 pm

Has anyone waiting on NYU called to ask when they expect to release most of their decisions? Does it not seem like most people are still waiting or am I being overly optimistic?

Return to “Transfers”