T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
lawschool56789
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:17 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby lawschool56789 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:30 am

Regionality wrote:
moonlune wrote:anyone mind sharing the link to Stanford's status checker?
Thanks.


https://aces2.lsac.org/YourStatus/membership/logon.aspx


Can anyone definitely say whether an acceptance phone call from SLS ALWAYS precedes a change in status checker to "decision letter sent"?

Transferthrowaway
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:40 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby Transferthrowaway » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:04 am

lawschool56789 wrote:
Regionality wrote:
moonlune wrote:anyone mind sharing the link to Stanford's status checker?
Thanks.


https://aces2.lsac.org/YourStatus/membership/logon.aspx


Can anyone definitely say whether an acceptance phone call from SLS ALWAYS precedes a change in status checker to "decision letter sent"?


I believe there was at least one poster who had his checker change in the morning and then received the call in the afternoon.

Transfer987123
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:52 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby Transfer987123 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:18 am

lawschool56789 wrote:
Regionality wrote:
moonlune wrote:anyone mind sharing the link to Stanford's status checker?
Thanks.


https://aces2.lsac.org/YourStatus/membership/logon.aspx


Can anyone definitely say whether an acceptance phone call from SLS ALWAYS precedes a change in status checker to "decision letter sent"?


I would bet you anything that it says "decision letter sent" when a final determination has been made, and a decision letter has been sent, or a call is about to be placed. It probably just means that today is your judgement day. If you get a call, you are in, if you don't, you know your letter is on the way.

Fishmouse
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:32 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby Fishmouse » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:36 am

Still now word from Harvard but the only good thing I can think of is that itseemsHarvard always admits a few people after Yale and Stanford.

IthacaIsWet
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:56 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby IthacaIsWet » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:17 am

Anyone else not hear from Y yet?

Refreshing my email (and checking the spam folder too) every few minutes here. :|

IthacaIsWet
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:56 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby IthacaIsWet » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:09 pm

IthacaIsWet wrote:Anyone else not hear from Y yet?

Refreshing my email (and checking the spam folder too) every few minutes here. :|



Bit the bullet and called. They said they sent me an email yesterday (which I don't have in my inbox or my spam folder) , and when i asked further, they confirmed it was a ding.

:(

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby kaiser » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:13 pm

Wonder when next round of Columbia decisions is coming. Went complete on Wednesday so im hoping this whole cycle ends soon. As I mentioned before, it's NYU for me otherwise so im very happy either way.

engineered madness
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:35 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby engineered madness » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:30 pm

To those who have received offers of admission to Columbia:

What is deadline for accepting the offer?

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby kaiser » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:43 pm

engineered madness wrote:To those who have received offers of admission to Columbia:

What is deadline for accepting the offer?


The round of acceptances last week had a 7/18 deadline. Im not sure if anyone has been accepted this week or what their deadline is.

engineered madness
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:35 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby engineered madness » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:52 pm

kaiser wrote:
engineered madness wrote:To those who have received offers of admission to Columbia:

What is deadline for accepting the offer?


The round of acceptances last week had a 7/18 deadline. Im not sure if anyone has been accepted this week or what their deadline is.


we need that information my dear man! inferences must be made!

Transferthrowaway
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:40 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby Transferthrowaway » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:54 pm

engineered madness wrote:
kaiser wrote:
engineered madness wrote:To those who have received offers of admission to Columbia:

What is deadline for accepting the offer?


The round of acceptances last week had a 7/18 deadline. Im not sure if anyone has been accepted this week or what their deadline is.


we need that information my dear man! inferences must be made!


EVERYBODY JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS AND PANIC!

(My method for handling radio silence from S)

TransferRisk
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby TransferRisk » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:00 pm

Still multiple incompletes for me, despite applying early. It is just so frustrating since I have competitive numbers, I invested money time and stress, and my gut says my chances have dwindled due to timing. Admissions people have been nice on the phone, though. Anyone else regret not applying to Michigan or Penn? Anyone else been under review at Chi since second week of July? Is that sort of a waitlist? Please excuse errors from my phone.

engineered madness
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:35 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby engineered madness » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:07 pm

Transferthrowaway wrote:
engineered madness wrote:
kaiser wrote:
engineered madness wrote:To those who have received offers of admission to Columbia:

What is deadline for accepting the offer?


The round of acceptances last week had a 7/18 deadline. Im not sure if anyone has been accepted this week or what their deadline is.


we need that information my dear man! inferences must be made!


EVERYBODY JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS AND PANIC!

(My method for handling radio silence from S)


Sweet! Finally, a like-mind to revel in the fantastic deprecation!

SLShopeful
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:00 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby SLShopeful » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:13 pm

Are any of you who went "Decision letter sent" at S yesterday getting calls?

edit: or anybody who's status checker did not change seeing any movement?

chanel1285
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:49 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby chanel1285 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:57 pm

Did anyone end up calling CLS to get a time frame for decisions? I haven't seen any signs of rejections, so there must be a good amount of us in limbo. They wouldn't really make us wait until next week would they?

engineered madness
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:35 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby engineered madness » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:00 pm

chanel1285 wrote:Did anyone end up calling CLS to get a time frame for decisions? I haven't seen any signs of rejections, so there must be a good amount of us in limbo. They wouldn't really make us wait until next week would they?


I wouldn't put it past them but I am hoping they can end the torment by today. I feel like I am getting to the point where knowing the decision is more important to me than the result so that I can move on with my life. It seems if anything is going to happen it will start at 430pm, the earliest...

keycite12
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:16 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby keycite12 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:43 pm

Called CLS. The last day they can add students as transfers is Aug 8. Hopefully the rest of the decisions come out much sooner.

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby keg411 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:00 pm

engineered madness wrote:
chanel1285 wrote:Did anyone end up calling CLS to get a time frame for decisions? I haven't seen any signs of rejections, so there must be a good amount of us in limbo. They wouldn't really make us wait until next week would they?


I wouldn't put it past them but I am hoping they can end the torment by today. I feel like I am getting to the point where knowing the decision is more important to me than the result so that I can move on with my life. It seems if anything is going to happen it will start at 430pm, the earliest...


+1. I really want to start mass mailing firms and need to wait on CLS/NYU to just reject me already. (I didn't even go complete at NYU until yesterday via e-mail and they haven't even bothered to update my status checker, so basically I just want to know about CLS so I can withdraw from NYU -- which is too bad since I preferred NYU to start with).

mrloblaw
Posts: 534
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby mrloblaw » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:05 pm

Status went to letter sent at NYU yesterday and no express mail today. I called them and was told that it would have been sent regular mail. Since everyone else seems to be getting express mail and/or Phone calls (which they told me they couldn't do), should I take this as a rejection and accept my next choice?

engineered madness
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:35 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby engineered madness » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:14 pm

keycite12 wrote:Called CLS. The last day they can add students as transfers is Aug 8. Hopefully the rest of the decisions come out much sooner.


Thank you so much, seriously. True team player. Let's hope for resolution today.

KafkaLover
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:15 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby KafkaLover » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:48 pm

Finally rejected from UVA :cry: Was obviously expecting it though.

User avatar
Regionality
Posts: 789
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:13 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby Regionality » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:51 pm

KafkaLover wrote:Finally rejected from UVA :cry: Was obviously expecting it though.


Is your name a northwestern reference?

KafkaLover
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:15 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby KafkaLover » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:58 pm

Regionality wrote:
KafkaLover wrote:Finally rejected from UVA :cry: Was obviously expecting it though.


Is your name a northwestern reference?


Haha no, I just really like Kafka.

SLShopeful
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:00 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby SLShopeful » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:41 pm

all quiet on the western (Stanford) front?

Transferthrowaway
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:40 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby Transferthrowaway » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:43 pm

SLShopeful wrote:all quiet on the western (Stanford) front?


No acceptances today. Maybe a few more early next week.




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.