T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
mebeSajid
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:05 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby mebeSajid » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:13 am

Dinged by H. T35, top 2%. Not surprised.

jstn1104
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:12 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby jstn1104 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:20 am

NYU status now at "Decision letter sent" 7/21

Does that sound like a yes?

a5L
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:42 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby a5L » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:20 am

is NYU all express mail?

empire84
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:19 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby empire84 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:26 am

jstn1104 wrote:NYU status now at "Decision letter sent" 7/21

Does that sound like a yes?


yes, it does. best of luck. when did you go UR? did you try the admitted students site?

jstn1104
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:12 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby jstn1104 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:31 am

empire84 wrote:
jstn1104 wrote:NYU status now at "Decision letter sent" 7/21

Does that sound like a yes?


yes, it does. best of luck. when did you go UR? did you try the admitted students site?


I went UR 6/30. My permanent address is in California so I'm not surprised something hasn't arrived yet.

I haven't tried the admitted students site. I don't really see how I can eat the $600 I gave Columbia already, so at this point it's more of a curiosity.

Fishmouse
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:32 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby Fishmouse » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:33 am

mebeSajid wrote:Dinged by H. T35, top 2%. Not surprised.

What time?

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby keg411 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:35 am

ms2010 wrote:In at NYU!


Yay! I'm happy for you :).
I'm wondering if NYU received my undergrad transcript, lol'd and thought it was a joke so they threw it out.
Last edited by keg411 on Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Transferthrowaway
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:40 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby Transferthrowaway » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:36 am

Fishmouse wrote:
mebeSajid wrote:Dinged by H. T35, top 2%. Not surprised.

What time?

Image

a5L
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:42 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby a5L » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:37 am

Im 7/4 UR at NYU and nothing. :?

lawfuture10
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:19 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby lawfuture10 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:45 am

ms2010 wrote:In at NYU!


HOLLA!

Congrats. Knew you wouldn't be shut out.

User avatar
quiver
Posts: 864
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby quiver » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:51 pm

ms2010 wrote:In at NYU!

FINALLY!!! congrats ms2010

IthacaIsWet
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:56 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby IthacaIsWet » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:05 pm

Called the Yale Admissions office. Nice lady on the phone said that her director informed her that decisions should be out by the end of today.

With the 2-3 admissions I've heard of here and elsewhere, I'm not optimistic.

User avatar
fidesverita
Posts: 274
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:04 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby fidesverita » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:07 pm

IthacaIsWet wrote:Called the Yale Admissions office. Nice lady on the phone said that her director informed her that decisions should be out by the end of today.

With the 2-3 admissions I've heard of here and elsewhere, I'm not optimistic.


Ditto. Called and they said they're trying to finish by tomorrow.

Does Y reject by mail or email? Aggghhhh.

Transfer987123
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:52 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby Transfer987123 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:11 pm

For anyone who got admitted to Stanford, if my status says "your file has been submitted for review as of 7/14," does this mean that they have already reviewed my application (and in light of the acceptances via phone) sent me a rejection letter?

IthacaIsWet
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:56 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby IthacaIsWet » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:12 pm

fidesverita wrote:
IthacaIsWet wrote:Called the Yale Admissions office. Nice lady on the phone said that her director informed her that decisions should be out by the end of today.

With the 2-3 admissions I've heard of here and elsewhere, I'm not optimistic.


Ditto. Called and they said they're trying to finish by tomorrow.

Does Y reject by mail or email? Aggghhhh.


I should clarify: her exact words were that decisions would be sent by email by the end of the day.

somethingdemure
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby somethingdemure » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:13 pm

Transfer987123 wrote:For anyone who got admitted to Stanford, if my status says "your file has been submitted for review as of 7/14," does this mean that they have already reviewed my application (and in light of the acceptances via phone) sent me a rejection letter?


No, I've been "submitted for review" since the middle of June.

User avatar
tww909
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:41 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby tww909 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:14 pm

Transfer987123 wrote:For anyone who got admitted to Stanford, if my status says "your file has been submitted for review as of 7/14," does this mean that they have already reviewed my application (and in light of the acceptances via phone) sent me a rejection letter?


if they have sent you a letter on the top of the checker it will say in red something like "decision letter sent."

transferquest
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:24 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby transferquest » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:16 pm

Yale notifies by carrier pigeon, pony express, and telegram.

:) Good luck to everyone waiting. Including me.

transferquest
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:24 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby transferquest » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:20 pm

And given Yale's emphasis on inclusivity, they may send out by smoke signals as well. Not sure. Though that may not be a very "green" method of notification.

mebeSajid
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:05 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby mebeSajid » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:20 pm

Fishmouse wrote:
mebeSajid wrote:Dinged by H. T35, top 2%. Not surprised.

What time?


11:10 AM. Chill out dude - that Harvard hasn't rejected you by now suggests that they're at least considering your application. You won't hear from them until after the deposit deadline.

IthacaIsWet
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:56 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby IthacaIsWet » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:22 pm

transferquest wrote:Yale notifies by carrier pigeon, pony express, and telegram.

:) Good luck to everyone waiting. Including me.


transferquest wrote:And given Yale's emphasis on inclusivity, they may send out by smoke signals as well. Not sure. Though that may not be a very "green" method of notification.


I just got a rock thrown through my window with a note that said "You're in!" attached to it.

Looks like I'm New Haven-bound. 8)


(I kid. No decision yet.)

engineered madness
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:35 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby engineered madness » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:24 pm

Thoughts on Columbia anyone? Today? Tomorrow? One more huge wave of acceptances? Or is the school locked-up tighter than a frog's a**?

mebeSajid
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:05 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby mebeSajid » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:26 pm

engineered madness wrote:Thoughts on Columbia anyone? Today? Tomorrow? One more huge wave of acceptances? Or is the school locked-up tighter than a frog's a**?


I won't even go complete until next week :(.

engineered madness
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:35 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby engineered madness » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:29 pm

When do they have to be done with the whole transfer process? How close to OCI do they cut it?

EDIT: they = admission committees

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby kaiser » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:01 pm

Does Columbia's status check tell you when you are under review? Or does it go straight from complete to a decision?




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.