T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Transferthrowaway
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:40 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby Transferthrowaway » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:50 pm

jfonz wrote:Has Yale been sending out "application complete" e-mails?

Beginning to suspect a prof just decided not to send an LOR, but naively hoping I'm complete and just haven't been told about it.


Yes. It is an "application complete. we'll contact you when we've made a decision" e-mail.

jfonz
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:14 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby jfonz » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:55 pm

Transferthrowaway wrote:
jfonz wrote:Has Yale been sending out "application complete" e-mails?

Beginning to suspect a prof just decided not to send an LOR, but naively hoping I'm complete and just haven't been told about it.


Yes. It is an "application complete. we'll contact you when we've made a decision" e-mail.


Aww, shucks. Well, thanks for putting me out of my misery. You're a true humanitarian.

Transferthrowaway
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:40 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby Transferthrowaway » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:57 pm

jfonz wrote:
Transferthrowaway wrote:
jfonz wrote:Has Yale been sending out "application complete" e-mails?

Beginning to suspect a prof just decided not to send an LOR, but naively hoping I'm complete and just haven't been told about it.


Yes. It is an "application complete. we'll contact you when we've made a decision" e-mail.


Aww, shucks. Well, thanks for putting me out of my misery. You're a true humanitarian.


Image

jfonz
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:14 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby jfonz » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:01 pm

Transferthrowaway wrote:
jfonz wrote:
Transferthrowaway wrote:
jfonz wrote:Has Yale been sending out "application complete" e-mails?

Beginning to suspect a prof just decided not to send an LOR, but naively hoping I'm complete and just haven't been told about it.


Yes. It is an "application complete. we'll contact you when we've made a decision" e-mail.


Aww, shucks. Well, thanks for putting me out of my misery. You're a true humanitarian.


Image


Borderline.

alexanderkaim
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:47 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby alexanderkaim » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:48 pm

.
Last edited by alexanderkaim on Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alexanderkaim
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:47 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby alexanderkaim » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:54 pm

lightlycurious wrote:how bad does UR 6/27 at NYU look (and no movement since 6/27)? anyone else UR since June still waiting on a decision?

I went UR on 6/27 also. no decision yet, but I think NYU is a slight long shot anyways.

Also, I just went complete at Columbia. its been over a month since I turned everything in.

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby kaiser » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:29 pm

Finally complete at Columbia. Pretty set on NYU and will likely be attending, but options are never a bad thing.

seattlegirl
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:43 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby seattlegirl » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:06 am

Rejected from Michigan via postal mail and Duke via e-mail today. Both were expected.

Accepted to USC today. Probably going to Northwestern, but USC would logistically be an easier move by far.

Very happy with my cycle...

seattlegirl
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:43 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby seattlegirl » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:09 am

ms2010 wrote:
ClarDarr wrote:
ms2010 wrote:Penn was my last hope... An nyu or cls acceptance for me would be amazing, but surprising. Good luck to everyone else!


I'm rooting for you. I withdrew from CLS today, so I hope you get my spot. It's lame that you've been so unlucky in this process. I assure you, your stats are good enough for most of the schools you applied to. Further, if you strike out on transfers, when you're cleaning up at OCI at your original school next year, this will all be a distant memory.


Thanks for the support! Unfortunately, only a couple ny resume collects at oci...


I too am rooting for you, ms2010!

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby kaiser » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:13 am

For those of you with Columbia acceptances, how long were you complete before you got your acceptance email?

jstn1104
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:12 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby jstn1104 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:21 am

kaiser wrote:For those of you with Columbia acceptances, how long were you complete before you got your acceptance email?


I think I went complete around June 20, got the email July 13.

lawstudent1986
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:25 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby lawstudent1986 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:27 am

kaiser wrote:For those of you with Columbia acceptances, how long were you complete before you got your acceptance email?


Complete 7/7, accepted 7/14

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby kaiser » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:37 am

Given that OCI starts in about a month, I can't imagine them drawing out these decisions that much longer. For our sake and for their sake, it seems like it would be best to speed this last round up. Or so I hope.

empire84
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:19 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby empire84 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:41 am

lawschoolgrapedme wrote:In at NYU today via phone call. Not accepting - going to Columbia. That was my last decision - my tally was:

Top 3% at T25.

Accepted: NU, NYU, CLS.
Rejected: Chi

Best of luck to everyone


do you know when your app went under review at nyu? same question for others who have been admitted to nyu...

thanks!

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby kaiser » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:47 am

empire84 wrote:
lawschoolgrapedme wrote:In at NYU today via phone call. Not accepting - going to Columbia. That was my last decision - my tally was:

Top 3% at T25.

Accepted: NU, NYU, CLS.
Rejected: Chi

Best of luck to everyone


do you know when your app went under review at nyu? same question for others who have been admitted to nyu...

thanks!


On Tuesday, July 5th, my status changed to "UR" as of July 1st. On the 7th, it changed to "decision letter mailed", and I got my package on Friday the 8th.

ms2010
Posts: 352
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:47 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby ms2010 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:48 am

In at NYU!

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby kaiser » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:50 am

ms2010 wrote:In at NYU!


Congrats. You gonna go?

User avatar
Wholigan
Posts: 763
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:51 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby Wholigan » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:54 am

ms2010 wrote:In at NYU!


Awesome! Good news for you, after such a brutal cycle. Go celebrate!

arthurhk
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:57 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby arthurhk » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:56 am

ms2010 wrote:In at NYU!


Congrats! When did you go UR?

empire84
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:19 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby empire84 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:57 am

ms2010 wrote:In at NYU!


Congrats! Assume you got a phone call too? Nice to see some movement! I saw you got rejected from Fordham and accepted to NYU? How about that...

ClarDarr
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:26 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby ClarDarr » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:00 am

ms2010 wrote:In at NYU!


Congrats! I hope you go, you've earned it!

Also in at NYU today, thus completing a 3/3 cycle at CLS, NYU and Penn. Feel like I should've gone for H given my results (if only to know where the ceiling was by getting denied).

empire84
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:19 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby empire84 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:01 am

ClarDarr wrote:
ms2010 wrote:In at NYU!


Congrats! I hope you go, you've earned it!

Also in at NYU today, thus completing a 3/3 cycle at CLS, NYU and Penn. Feel like I should've gone for H given my results (if only to know where the ceiling was by getting denied).


Very nice...how are you guys finding out about nyu?

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby kaiser » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:02 am

ClarDarr wrote:
ms2010 wrote:In at NYU!


Congrats! I hope you go, you've earned it!

Also in at NYU today, thus completing a 3/3 cycle at CLS, NYU and Penn. Feel like I should've gone for H given my results (if only to know where the ceiling was by getting denied).


Nice on the 3/3. I'm going for the same 3, and just waiting on Columbia (went complete last night). Got NYU and Penn, so the trifecta would be cool.

ClarDarr
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:26 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby ClarDarr » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:05 am

empire84 wrote:
ClarDarr wrote:
ms2010 wrote:In at NYU!


Congrats! I hope you go, you've earned it!

Also in at NYU today, thus completing a 3/3 cycle at CLS, NYU and Penn. Feel like I should've gone for H given my results (if only to know where the ceiling was by getting denied).


Very nice...how are you guys finding out about nyu?

Express mail.

plaintiff-appellee
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 11:54 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby plaintiff-appellee » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:12 am

In at NYU. T30, top 10% LR, significant WE. Went complete on 7/5, backdated to 7/4.




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.