T14 Transfer Status Change Thread Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Wholigan

Silver

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Post by Wholigan » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:48 pm

lawfuture10 wrote:
acore8604 wrote:
lawfuture10 wrote:
acore8604 wrote:T18
Top 2%: 4.0 GPA
Law Review
CALI Award

rejected from Penn Law??
LOLS . Enjoy NYU
Can't afford NYC my grantor was too poor. I have to go to UVa. Not even sure if it was worth transferring
That's terrible, I'm sorry to hear that. Never would have laughed if I thought Penn was actually a possibility for you.

Best of luck.
+1

UVa is a peer school though. There are not many doors Penn would have opened that UVa won't.

mebeSajid

Bronze

Post by mebeSajid » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:49 pm

Finally complete at H. It only took three weeks after I gave my UG the cert form.

acore8604

New

Post by acore8604 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:50 pm

+1

UVa is a peer school though. There are not many doors Penn would have opened that UVa won't.[/quote]
Last edited by acore8604 on Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

somethingdemure

New

Post by somethingdemure » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:51 pm

Regionality wrote:
ms2010 wrote:I feel like we're getting to the point where letters are completely contingent on whether someone who has been accepted withdraws.
As I have said earlier, this is bad logic. These schools can predict matriculation rates and they expect a certain number to not take an offer. There needs to be an unpredictably LARGE number of non-matriculants for spots to open up. They don't accept 20 people for 20 spots.
While it's obviously true that they don't expect 20 people for 20 spots and they can predict how many won't matriculate, you're assuming that their non-matriculation rate is consistent year to year, which is simply impossible for such a small yearly sample. Schools have every incentive to err on the side of fewer acceptances at first in case the matriculation rate is abnormally high. How many offers are accepted definitely has an effect on the fate of those still waiting.

With that said, I'm most likely going to open up another spot at H today, for those still waiting.

ms2010

Bronze

Post by ms2010 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:51 pm

50s, Ranked 7/132, 2 CALIs, Law Review, Moot Court...

Rejected from Penn.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mebeSajid

Bronze

Post by mebeSajid » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:52 pm

somethingdemure wrote:
Regionality wrote:
ms2010 wrote:I feel like we're getting to the point where letters are completely contingent on whether someone who has been accepted withdraws.
As I have said earlier, this is bad logic. These schools can predict matriculation rates and they expect a certain number to not take an offer. There needs to be an unpredictably LARGE number of non-matriculants for spots to open up. They don't accept 20 people for 20 spots.
While it's obviously true that they don't expect 20 people for 20 spots and they can predict how many won't matriculate, you're assuming that their non-matriculation rate is consistent year to year, which is simply impossible for such a small yearly sample. Schools have every incentive to err on the side of fewer acceptances at first in case the matriculation rate is abnormally high. How many offers are accepted definitely has an effect on the fate of those still waiting.

With that said, I'm most likely going to open up another spot at H today, for those still waiting.
Are you at H and leaving, or were you accepted and going to Y or S?

somethingdemure

New

Post by somethingdemure » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:54 pm

mebeSajid wrote:Are you at H and leaving, or were you accepted and going to Y or S?
Decided not to transfer (at least to H, if Y or S comes through I'll have to decide again).

Fishmouse

New

Post by Fishmouse » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:59 pm

somethingdemure wrote:
Regionality wrote:

I love you I love you thank you thank you thank you

lawfuture10

Bronze

Post by lawfuture10 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:07 pm

After this last batch of rejections, is anyone still in limbo at Penn or have they made all of their decisions?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

chanel1285

New

Post by chanel1285 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:09 pm

In at NYU, just got a phone call. Status checker changed to "decision letter sent" yesterday. I'll probably withdraw from Penn tonight and eat the $500 deposit.

Edit: still waiting on Columbia

Fishmouse

New

Post by Fishmouse » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:14 pm

somethingdemure wrote:
mebeSajid wrote:Are you at H and leaving, or were you accepted and going to Y or S?
Decided not to transfer (at least to H, if Y or S comes through I'll have to decide again).
Also thanks so much for not waiting till last minute to notify H. Thank you so much

empire84

New

Post by empire84 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:14 pm

chanel1285 wrote:In at NYU, just got a phone call. Status checker changed to "decision letter sent" yesterday. I'll probably withdraw from Penn tonight and eat the $500 deposit.

Edit: still waiting on Columbia
congrats! interesting that you got a phone call. did you call them first? thought nyu did it all by express mail. congrats again!

chanel1285

New

Post by chanel1285 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:22 pm

Yeah I thought so too. I called them last night when my status checker changed, but the office was closed.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ms2010

Bronze

Post by ms2010 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:27 pm

Penn was my last hope... An nyu or cls acceptance for me would be amazing, but surprising. Good luck to everyone else!

Transfer987123

New

Post by Transfer987123 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:06 pm

I asked this earlier, wondering if anyone has a random inclination. If we are under review at HYS and haven't gotten a reply back, does that mean the rejection letter is in the mail?

Fishmouse

New

Post by Fishmouse » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:24 pm

Transfer987123 wrote:I asked this earlier, wondering if anyone has a random inclination. If we are under review at HYS and haven't gotten a reply back, does that mean the rejection letter is in the mail?
Well nobody goes under review at H

ClarDarr

Bronze

Post by ClarDarr » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:48 pm

ms2010 wrote:Penn was my last hope... An nyu or cls acceptance for me would be amazing, but surprising. Good luck to everyone else!
I'm rooting for you. I withdrew from CLS today, so I hope you get my spot. It's lame that you've been so unlucky in this process. I assure you, your stats are good enough for most of the schools you applied to. Further, if you strike out on transfers, when you're cleaning up at OCI at your original school next year, this will all be a distant memory.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Fishmouse

New

Post by Fishmouse » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:49 pm

So am I really the only person left on TLS who hasnt heard back from Harvard and who went ready for review before July 12? Fun

ms2010

Bronze

Post by ms2010 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:52 pm

ClarDarr wrote:
ms2010 wrote:Penn was my last hope... An nyu or cls acceptance for me would be amazing, but surprising. Good luck to everyone else!
I'm rooting for you. I withdrew from CLS today, so I hope you get my spot. It's lame that you've been so unlucky in this process. I assure you, your stats are good enough for most of the schools you applied to. Further, if you strike out on transfers, when you're cleaning up at OCI at your original school next year, this will all be a distant memory.
Thanks for the support! Unfortunately, only a couple ny resume collects at oci...

ClarDarr

Bronze

Post by ClarDarr » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:55 pm

ms2010 wrote:
ClarDarr wrote:
Thanks for the support! Unfortunately, only a couple ny resume collects at oci...
Blanket NY firms, follow up, and you'll have more chances.

mebeSajid

Bronze

Post by mebeSajid » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:57 pm

Fishmouse wrote:So am I really the only person left on TLS who hasnt heard back from Harvard and who went ready for review before July 12? Fun
Chill out man - it means you've had a stay of execution.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lawschoolgrapedme

Bronze

Post by lawschoolgrapedme » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:10 pm

In at NYU today via phone call. Not accepting - going to Columbia. That was my last decision - my tally was:

Top 3% at T25.

Accepted: NU, NYU, CLS.
Rejected: Chi

Best of luck to everyone

SLShopeful

New

Post by SLShopeful » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:33 pm

Here's a new question:

For those of you who applied to S, but have not received a call: have any of your status checkers changed at all? E.g., does it say "decision letter sent" or anything like that?

Thanks

Transferthrowaway

Silver

Post by Transferthrowaway » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:42 pm

SLShopeful wrote:Here's a new question:

For those of you who applied to S, but have not received a call: have any of your status checkers changed at all? E.g., does it say "decision letter sent" or anything like that?

Thanks
No change to my status checker. Still waiting to hear something from both Y and S. T-35, top 1%. Only in at Chicago right now.

jfonz

New

Post by jfonz » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:45 pm

Has Yale been sending out "application complete" e-mails?

Beginning to suspect a prof just decided not to send an LOR, but naively hoping I'm complete and just haven't been told about it.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”