T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
SSB

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby SSB » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:25 pm

Fishmouse wrote:
SSB wrote:Also in at Stanford! Got a call this morning. Was also accepted to NYU about ten days ago, for whoever asked about NYU's cycle. NYU told me they had just started making decisions and would continue to do so over the next couple weeks.

Good luck to everyone else still hoping to hear from schools! It's a brutal wait.

Did u also apply to H?

I didn't apply to Harvard. Applied to Stanford, Berkeley and NYU only. In at all three now. #3 at Hastings (class of 370) with five book awards and a couple moot court awards.

mebeSajid

Postby mebeSajid » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:33 pm

Dammit, schools need to hurry up. I want my phone call.

2011Cycle

Postby 2011Cycle » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:34 pm

SSB wrote:
Fishmouse wrote:
SSB wrote:Also in at Stanford! Got a call this morning. Was also accepted to NYU about ten days ago, for whoever asked about NYU's cycle. NYU told me they had just started making decisions and would continue to do so over the next couple weeks.

Good luck to everyone else still hoping to hear from schools! It's a brutal wait.

Did u also apply to H?

I didn't apply to Harvard. Applied to Stanford, Berkeley and NYU only. In at all three now. #3 at Hastings (class of 370) with five book awards and a couple moot court awards.

Did you apply to the 3 mentioned law schools as an 0L? If so, what was the final disposition from each? Thanks

SSB

Postby SSB » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:39 pm

2011Cycle wrote:
SSB wrote:
Fishmouse wrote:

Did u also apply to H?

Did you apply to the 3 mentioned law schools as an 0L? If so, what was the final disposition from each? Thanks

I applied to Stanford and Berkeley, rejected from both. 3.86 from from a top liberal arts college, but a 162 on LSAT (glad to be vindicated from that mess).

fidesverita

Postby fidesverita » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:48 pm

In at S today! Couldn't be happier.

Rejected by H last week.

Went to a T10 law school. Applied to both as a 0L and was rejected by both (mainly due to a low LSAT, i think).

Good luck to you all.

Transferthrowaway

Postby Transferthrowaway » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:55 pm

fidesverita wrote:In at S today! Couldn't be happier.

Rejected by H last week.

Went to a T10 law school. Applied to both as a 0L and was rejected by both (mainly due to a low LSAT, i think).

Good luck to you all.

Congratulations!

SLShopeful

Postby SLShopeful » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:59 pm

How bad is it if S hasn't called us yet? Are they waiting until later to call west coast folks or ppl who have SA gigs this summer?

ugh anxiety...

Transferthrowaway

Postby Transferthrowaway » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:00 pm

SLShopeful wrote:How bad is it if S hasn't called us yet? Are they waiting until later to call west coast folks or ppl who have SA gigs this summer?

ugh anxiety...

Probably pretty bleak, my man. We're in the same boat.

KEM

Postby KEM » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:09 pm

Transferthrowaway wrote:
SLShopeful wrote:How bad is it if S hasn't called us yet? Are they waiting until later to call west coast folks or ppl who have SA gigs this summer?

ugh anxiety...

Same boat too. What's worse is I'm currently at one of the law schools that a previous poster who was accepted is from (and my grades are worse). I think the odds they take 2 from the same school aren't very good considering how small their transfer class is to begin with.

Alas...

Transferthrowaway

Postby Transferthrowaway » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:11 pm

KEM wrote:
Transferthrowaway wrote:

ugh anxiety...

Same boat too. What's worse is I'm currently at one of the law schools that a previous poster who was accepted is from (and my grades are worse). I think the odds they take 2 from the same school aren't very good considering how small their transfer class is to begin with.

Alas...

Yea, my school had the #3, the #5, and the #6 all applying to S. Yikes.

SLShopeful

Postby SLShopeful » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:38 pm

For those of you accepted to S, did your status page change at all?

SSB

Postby SSB » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:45 pm

SLShopeful wrote:For those of you accepted to S, did your status page change at all?

Yeah, mine changed from under review to "decision letter sent" and "full time day"

chanel1285

Postby chanel1285 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:54 pm

status checker changed to "Decision letter sent" at NYU. Any ideas when the letter would arrive based on the first round of acceptances?

Edit: or rejections, if anybody has received one.

froggymc

Postby froggymc » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:59 pm

also in at stanford via call today. so glad to have this cycle over. good luck to anyone still waiting on schools!

ms2010

Postby ms2010 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:59 pm

chanel1285 wrote:status checker changed to "Decision letter sent" at NYU. Any ideas when the letter would arrive based on the first round of acceptances?

Edit: or rejections, if anybody has received one.

I believe this has been a good sign based on earlier updates. I'm still UR 7/4 unfortunately...

huskylaw26

Postby huskylaw26 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:13 pm

T2 in 50's, 7%

UPDATE

Harvard: waiting
Columbia: waiting
NYU: waiting
Michigan: in (phone call today)
Penn: in
UVA: out
Duke: waiting
NU: in
GULC: waitlist (email today)
Texas: waiting
UCLA: in

RMstratosphere

Postby RMstratosphere » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:15 pm

SSB wrote:
Fishmouse wrote:

Did u also apply to H?

Five book awards was only # 3?!

TransferRisk

Postby TransferRisk » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:23 pm

huskylaw26 wrote:T2 in 50's, 7%

UPDATE

Wow you dodged the cut at Harvard? Nice.

ms2010

Postby ms2010 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:30 pm

huskylaw26 wrote:T2 in 50's, 7%

UPDATE

T2 in 50s, 5% (might be same T2...)

Penn: waiting
GULC: waitlist
Fordham: rejected
GW: in

IthacaIsWet

Postby IthacaIsWet » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:23 pm

KEM wrote:
Transferthrowaway wrote:

ugh anxiety...

Alas...

yeah, I know at least a couple/few people from Cornell applied to Y(roughly same transfer class size as S, if I recall), and I've already heard of one acceptance.

lawschool56789

Postby lawschool56789 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:25 am

If YLS specifically stated that they would be rendering decisions in the "latter half" of this week and/or at the beginning of next week, how were transfer applicants being accepted today (Tuesday, July 19)? Historically, YLS has admitted in a single one-day wave. If some students were allegedly accepted on Tuesday, does this mean that YLS is now entirely finished with making offers to transfer applicants? Any insights from anyone would be helpful. Thanks,

psamp1024

Postby psamp1024 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:41 am

I have it on good authority from the admissions dean herself that once you get past the hurdle that is the mondays, you're for all practical purposes in the latter half of the week. words to live by.

lawschool56789

Postby lawschool56789 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:01 am

psamp1024 wrote:I have it on good authority from the admissions dean herself that once you get past the hurdle that is the mondays, you're for all practical purposes in the latter half of the week. words to live by.

Really?? Someone from YLS Admissions (or perhaps the YLS Admissions Dean herself?) personally told you that "latter half of the week" means "after Monday" for "practical purposes"? Wow...Why not just say "sometime during this week" and avoid all of the trouble and confusion?

psamp1024

Postby psamp1024 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:05 am

Joking of course. They might not have figured out how to work a status checker in New Haven, but they can read a calendar. I'm sure all will be clear by Friday.

fidesverita

Postby fidesverita » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:04 am

SSB wrote:
SLShopeful wrote:For those of you accepted to S, did your status page change at all?

Yeah, mine changed from under review to "decision letter sent" and "full time day"

Hm, when I got the call this morning PT/early afternoon ET, my status had not changed. It was still "under review".

Return to “Transfers”