T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Fishmouse
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:32 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby Fishmouse » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:38 pm

dobby wrote:
Transferthrowaway wrote:
dobby wrote:in at stanford. good luck to everyone still waiting!


stats? any indication that they are making other calls?


top 7-10% at uchicago (i don't really know, they don't rank). she said they had finished reviewing apps last night. i'd imagine they will be calling people soon because she expressed a worry that she had lost people to berkeley and harvard because of calling on the later side. this also might mean that they'll accept some extra people later if they have an unusual number of people go elsewhere this year... i dunno. best of luck to you

Did u apply to H as well?

User avatar
tww909
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:41 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby tww909 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:41 pm

JUST GOT INTO STANFORD

off the phone with someone from admissions - she was incredibly helpful. i am definitely going - this is pulling WAY above my weight.

5% at wisconsin.

Transferthrowaway
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:40 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby Transferthrowaway » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:50 pm

tww909 wrote:JUST GOT INTO STANFORD

off the phone with someone from admissions - she was incredibly helpful. i am definitely going - this is pulling WAY above my weight.

5% at wisconsin.


Is there anything else in particular that may stand out about you? URM? female? work experience?

User avatar
tww909
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:41 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby tww909 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:52 pm

Transferthrowaway wrote:
tww909 wrote:JUST GOT INTO STANFORD

off the phone with someone from admissions - she was incredibly helpful. i am definitely going - this is pulling WAY above my weight.

5% at wisconsin.


Is there anything else in particular that may stand out about you? URM? female? work experience?


lulz. white man straight from UG. not joking.

one of my recommenders is a recent alum/posner clerk/rockstar and i got top grade in his con law class. i can only think he made some special push for me.

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby keg411 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:55 pm

tww909 wrote:
Transferthrowaway wrote:
tww909 wrote:JUST GOT INTO STANFORD

off the phone with someone from admissions - she was incredibly helpful. i am definitely going - this is pulling WAY above my weight.

5% at wisconsin.


Is there anything else in particular that may stand out about you? URM? female? work experience?


lulz. white man straight from UG. not joking.

one of my recommenders is a recent alum/posner clerk/rockstar and i got top grade in his con law class. i can only think he made some special push for me.


Wow, that's amazing tww!
Looks like the Michigan transfer class is disappearing today (but seriously, that's awesome for y'all :D).

transfer33
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:05 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby transfer33 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:56 pm

sawyerkid wrote:
transfer33 wrote:Just made an account here - accepted via email at CLS yesterday afternoon (7/18), went complete last Thursday afternoon (7/14)



stats?


School ranked in the 20s, top ~5%, booked two classes, was on the waitlist before 1L

fanlinxun
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:32 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby fanlinxun » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:01 pm

Finally denied by Penn. Good luck to everyone else waiting.

dobby
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:34 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby dobby » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:09 pm

Fishmouse wrote:
dobby wrote:
Transferthrowaway wrote:
dobby wrote:in at stanford. good luck to everyone still waiting!


stats? any indication that they are making other calls?


top 7-10% at uchicago (i don't really know, they don't rank). she said they had finished reviewing apps last night. i'd imagine they will be calling people soon because she expressed a worry that she had lost people to berkeley and harvard because of calling on the later side. this also might mean that they'll accept some extra people later if they have an unusual number of people go elsewhere this year... i dunno. best of luck to you

Did u apply to H as well?


no i applied only to stanford. i had personal reasons for going. i'm also a straight white middle class male straight from undergrad. i had only 1 rec from a law prof, and he wasn't actually a full prof (lrw bigelow fellow) and it was one of my worst grades... so i guess my getting in was straight grades?
i'm hoping for all of you!

lightlycurious
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:13 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby lightlycurious » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:10 pm

have there been any rejections or acceptances at NYU (besides the single one i've seen here)? been UR there for almost a month...

sundance1988
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:34 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby sundance1988 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:10 pm

If anyone is interested- I didn't finish sending in my materials to Penn after getting into UChicago and I just received this email:

"At this time, we have completed our transfer admissions process and your application remains incomplete."

Not sure if this is indicative of anything useful for you all waiting on Penn but I figured I'd share nonetheless.

crazyblink653
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:13 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby crazyblink653 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:12 pm

keg411 wrote:
tww909 wrote:
Transferthrowaway wrote:
tww909 wrote:JUST GOT INTO STANFORD

off the phone with someone from admissions - she was incredibly helpful. i am definitely going - this is pulling WAY above my weight.

5% at wisconsin.


Is there anything else in particular that may stand out about you? URM? female? work experience?


lulz. white man straight from UG. not joking.

one of my recommenders is a recent alum/posner clerk/rockstar and i got top grade in his con law class. i can only think he made some special push for me.


Wow, that's amazing tww!
Looks like the Michigan transfer class is disappearing today (but seriously, that's awesome for y'all :D).


i'm still going, regardless of what i hear from penn. at his point i just want to know one way or the other..

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby kaiser » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:14 pm

lightlycurious wrote:have there been any rejections or acceptances at NYU (besides the single one i've seen here)? been UR there for almost a month...


I think it was one other kid and myself. Was thinking about starting an "NYU Transfer" thread, but it would be pretty empty at this point. The floodgates will likely open this week. They have a large transfer class, so I'd imagine many TLS people will get in.

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby traehekat » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:14 pm

tww909 wrote:JUST GOT INTO STANFORD

off the phone with someone from admissions - she was incredibly helpful. i am definitely going - this is pulling WAY above my weight.

5% at wisconsin.


sick, congrats!

User avatar
scribelaw
Posts: 771
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby scribelaw » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:17 pm

lightlycurious wrote:have there been any rejections or acceptances at NYU (besides the single one i've seen here)? been UR there for almost a month...


My friend (top 5-10 percent at GULC) got in to NYU this week.

User avatar
tww909
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:41 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby tww909 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:20 pm

traehekat wrote:
tww909 wrote:JUST GOT INTO STANFORD

off the phone with someone from admissions - she was incredibly helpful. i am definitely going - this is pulling WAY above my weight.

5% at wisconsin.


sick, congrats!


thanks man. transfer cycles are nothing if not unpredictable. first i was going to NU, then michigan (sent my deposit an hour before the call from SLS - oh well), and now stanford. i couldn't ask for a better outcome, though i wish there was a less stressful way to get there.

i hope this is encouraging to those who are still waiting. it doesn't take long for everything to change.

Transferthrowaway
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:40 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby Transferthrowaway » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:21 pm

tww909 wrote:i hope this is encouraging to those who are still waiting. it doesn't take long for everything to change.


I need to let UChicago know by tomorrow, so I hope it doesn't take very long! I'd even deposit and eat it later if I could find out whether I have to withdraw my other applications.

ms2010
Posts: 352
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:47 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby ms2010 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:22 pm

tww909 wrote:
traehekat wrote:
tww909 wrote:JUST GOT INTO STANFORD

off the phone with someone from admissions - she was incredibly helpful. i am definitely going - this is pulling WAY above my weight.

5% at wisconsin.


sick, congrats!


thanks man. transfer cycles are nothing if not unpredictable. first i was going to NU, then michigan (sent my deposit an hour before the call from SLS - oh well), and now stanford. i couldn't ask for a better outcome, though i wish there was a less stressful way to get there.

i hope this is encouraging to those who are still waiting. it doesn't take long for everything to change.


I'm hoping that occurs soon! Good luck to everyone still waiting!

ReversedAndRemanded
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby ReversedAndRemanded » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:23 pm

tww909 wrote:thanks man. transfer cycles are nothing if not unpredictable. first i was going to NU, then michigan (sent my deposit an hour before the call from SLS - oh well), and now stanford. i couldn't ask for a better outcome, though i wish there was a less stressful way to get there.

i hope this is encouraging to those who are still waiting. it doesn't take long for everything to change.


Congrats on the SLS admit, that's awesome. Don't worry about the deposit, just call Michigan and tell them what's up (if you haven't yet).

I mailed my deposit this morning, and called them about 2 hours ago to explain to them about Penn, and they were fine. They told me to send them an email confirming that I wanted to withdraw and why and they wouldn't deposit my check when they got it. They were really nice about it on the phone (no surprise, Michigan was pretty great about everything this cycle).

User avatar
tww909
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:41 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby tww909 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:33 pm

ReversedAndRemanded wrote:
tww909 wrote:thanks man. transfer cycles are nothing if not unpredictable. first i was going to NU, then michigan (sent my deposit an hour before the call from SLS - oh well), and now stanford. i couldn't ask for a better outcome, though i wish there was a less stressful way to get there.

i hope this is encouraging to those who are still waiting. it doesn't take long for everything to change.


Congrats on the SLS admit, that's awesome. Don't worry about the deposit, just call Michigan and tell them what's up (if you haven't yet).

I mailed my deposit this morning, and called them about 2 hours ago to explain to them about Penn, and they were fine. They told me to send them an email confirming that I wanted to withdraw and why and they wouldn't deposit my check when they got it. They were really nice about it on the phone (no surprise, Michigan was pretty great about everything this cycle).


i know it. michigan is just so great all around, and i was excited and ready to go there. only problem is they're so nice i feel bad having to tell them i'm not going there anymore.

ReversedAndRemanded
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby ReversedAndRemanded » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:41 pm

tww909 wrote:i know it. michigan is just so great all around, and i was excited and ready to go there. only problem is they're so nice i feel bad having to tell them i'm not going there anymore.


I hear you on that. I definitely felt bad. It seemed like it would have been an awesome place to spend two years.

TransferRisk
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby TransferRisk » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:51 pm

Wow o wow. Huge day! ~5 at Wisconsin gives me hope!

SSB
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby SSB » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:07 pm

Also in at Stanford! Got a call this morning. Was also accepted to NYU about ten days ago, for whoever asked about NYU's cycle. NYU told me they had just started making decisions and would continue to do so over the next couple weeks.

Good luck to everyone else still hoping to hear from schools! It's a brutal wait.

Transferthrowaway
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:40 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby Transferthrowaway » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:12 pm

SSB wrote:Also in at Stanford! Got a call this morning. Was also accepted to NYU about ten days ago, for whoever asked about NYU's cycle. NYU told me they had just started making decisions and would continue to do so over the next couple weeks.

Good luck to everyone else still hoping to hear from schools! It's a brutal wait.


Stats?

mebeSajid
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:05 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby mebeSajid » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:14 pm

TransferRisk wrote:Wow o wow. Huge day! ~5 at Wisconsin gives me hope!


Alumni rec probably helps a lot - Stanford places great weight on them, IIRC.

Fishmouse
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:32 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby Fishmouse » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:19 pm

SSB wrote:Also in at Stanford! Got a call this morning. Was also accepted to NYU about ten days ago, for whoever asked about NYU's cycle. NYU told me they had just started making decisions and would continue to do so over the next couple weeks.

Good luck to everyone else still hoping to hear from schools! It's a brutal wait.

Did u also apply to H?




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.