T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
ms2010

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby ms2010 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:31 pm

I did just realize though that technically Penn should have given out all their decisions today.

Wholigan

Postby Wholigan » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:39 pm

keg411 wrote:OUT at Penn. Okay with it. I can't get in everywhere :lol:.

Sorry. You'll love Mich or CLS/NYU though. You have had a pretty killer cycle so far.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:45 pm

Wholigan wrote:

Sorry. You'll love Mich or CLS/NYU though. You have had a pretty killer cycle so far.

Yeah. Plus, I can imagine a bunch of people from our school with better grades applied and are attending from the first wave. I'm pretty cool with Mich (and I'm still going to make 100% sure before withdrawing from NU). But you are definitely going to love Penn as it's an amazing school and allows you to stay in Philly. :)

With my grades/possible rank, I really really can't complain about my cycle. I honestly thought I would get shut out or barely get GULC, so I'm pretty damn elated with how this has worked out.

ms2010

Postby ms2010 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:46 pm

keg411 wrote:
Wholigan wrote:

Yeah. Plus, I can imagine a bunch of people from our school with better grades applied and are attending from the first wave. I'm pretty cool with Mich (and I'm still going to make 100% sure before withdrawing from NU). But you are definitely going to love Penn as it's an amazing school and has great opportunities in Philly. :)

With my grades/class standing, I really really can't complain about my cycle. I honestly thought I would get shut out or barely get GULC, so I'm pretty damn elated with how this has worked out.

You should be! I'm still sitting at 7/11 UR. I'm thinking of sending a LOCI to admissions, but don't want to annoy the heck out of them.

ClarDarr

Postby ClarDarr » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:47 pm

ms2010 wrote:I did just realize though that technically Penn should have given out all their decisions today.

still nothing?

ms2010

Postby ms2010 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:48 pm

ClarDarr wrote:
ms2010 wrote:I did just realize though that technically Penn should have given out all their decisions today.

still nothing?

No e-mail or anything, unless it comes later tonight. Perhaps my low GPA and high rank (because tough curve) are throwing everyone for a loop.

ClarDarr

Postby ClarDarr » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:52 pm

ms2010 wrote:
ClarDarr wrote:

still nothing?

No e-mail or anything, unless it comes later tonight. Perhaps my low GPA and high rank (because tough curve) are throwing everyone for a loop.

it's just unfair with numbers like yours that you haven't heard from anywhere. I guess, to some degree, you should take solace that no news is good news.

ms2010

Postby ms2010 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:54 pm

Do you think writing an e-mail directly to the Dean emphasizing how much I am still interested is a bad idea?

lawgod

Postby lawgod » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:18 pm

keg411 wrote:
tww909 wrote:
keg411 wrote:I guess I should just be happy to be complete at CLS at this point.

Also, the "ordering football tickets" part of the Michigan Admitted Students Site is not working. I hope this doesn't mean they are sold out for law students and it's just broken right now :(... I also have yet to get the packet with the flash drive and all the cool stuff.

did you get an email with login info for the admitted students site? i didn't get anything like that (or the packet yet). i'm pretty certain i didn't imagine the conversation i had with the admissions person yesterday, but i have been having transfer dreams lately, so i don't want to rule it out.

Call the admissions office and have them scan and send your letter. I was thinking about that too, and then I realized they just scanned and sent everything as .pdfs (they sent both my stuff for the writing comp and my offer letter).

After a soul-searching walk and thinking for the last couple of days, I'm about 80% Michigan at this point (barring a shock from Penn/CLS/NYU). It's probably not based on anything rational, but there are just little things I like more about Michigan than NU (even though NU's employment stats have been more impressive during ITE).

Also, I just realized maybe you need to actually enroll and pay the deposit before being able to buy the football tix. They probably don't want admitted students just buying and selling them on stubhub for $$$ :lol:.

ETA: I was admitted on 7/13 and UPS doesn't usually come until 5pm. I am just impatient because I want the cool stuff :lol:.

Blazes. If I'd known Michigan students get football tickets, I would have tried to transfer there.

ms2010

Postby ms2010 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:18 pm

lawgod wrote:
keg411 wrote:
tww909 wrote:
keg411 wrote:I guess I should just be happy to be complete at CLS at this point.

Also, the "ordering football tickets" part of the Michigan Admitted Students Site is not working. I hope this doesn't mean they are sold out for law students and it's just broken right now :(... I also have yet to get the packet with the flash drive and all the cool stuff.

did you get an email with login info for the admitted students site? i didn't get anything like that (or the packet yet). i'm pretty certain i didn't imagine the conversation i had with the admissions person yesterday, but i have been having transfer dreams lately, so i don't want to rule it out.

Call the admissions office and have them scan and send your letter. I was thinking about that too, and then I realized they just scanned and sent everything as .pdfs (they sent both my stuff for the writing comp and my offer letter).

After a soul-searching walk and thinking for the last couple of days, I'm about 80% Michigan at this point (barring a shock from Penn/CLS/NYU). It's probably not based on anything rational, but there are just little things I like more about Michigan than NU (even though NU's employment stats have been more impressive during ITE).

Also, I just realized maybe you need to actually enroll and pay the deposit before being able to buy the football tix. They probably don't want admitted students just buying and selling them on stubhub for $$$ :lol:.

ETA: I was admitted on 7/13 and UPS doesn't usually come until 5pm. I am just impatient because I want the cool stuff :lol:.

Blazes. If I'd known Michigan students get football tickets, I would have tried to transfer there.

+1

ClarDarr

Postby ClarDarr » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:22 pm

ms2010 wrote:Do you think writing an e-mail directly to the Dean emphasizing how much I am still interested is a bad idea?

Hmm. that's dicey. It's kind of up to you, but I don't think I'd have the guts. These schools are obviously holding you for a reason, given your complete date was roughly the same as mine.

lawgod

Postby lawgod » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:25 pm

ClarDarr wrote:
ms2010 wrote:Do you think writing an e-mail directly to the Dean emphasizing how much I am still interested is a bad idea?

Hmm. that's dicey. It's kind of up to you, but I don't think I'd have the guts. These schools are obviously holding you for a reason, given your complete date was roughly the same as mine.

Maybe try calling her at home? Or just show up at her house on sunday?

ms2010

Postby ms2010 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:26 pm

lawgod wrote:
ClarDarr wrote:

I bet someone's done it...

crazyblink653

Postby crazyblink653 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:32 pm

ms2010 wrote:
lawgod wrote:
ClarDarr wrote:

i still haven't heard from penn either and i've been UR since 7/6..i think we must be in some sort of hold situation until they get a better idea of who will be attending from the offers they already extended.

starchinkilt

Postby starchinkilt » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:33 pm

ms2010 wrote:
lawgod wrote:
ClarDarr wrote:

Nothing to do with an admissions dean, but in undergrad I took an online art history class, and we had to mail in monthly work packets. A girl in my class forgot to mail it before it was due (on a Monday) and drove an hour away to the professors house that Sunday and dropped it off on her porch :lol: . We got an e-mail about it later that week reminding us to remember to mail our packets in on time :lol: .

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:18 pm

Random note - visited NU today and deposited. Met with a career adviser who was awesome - really knowledgeable and helpful. Loved the school, obviously loved the area. Also put an application in at McClurg and got a good deal on a 612 sq. ft. convertible that just opened up. As long as I don't strike out at OCI I'll be really happy with my choice.

lawloser22

Postby lawloser22 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:24 pm

starchinkilt wrote:Nothing to do with an admissions dean, but in undergrad I took an online art history class, and we had to mail in monthly work packets. A girl in my class forgot to mail it before it was due (on a Monday) and drove an hour away to the professors house that Sunday and dropped it off on her porch :lol: . We got an e-mail about it later that week reminding us to remember to mail our packets in on time :lol: .

Should've put it in the mailbox, obvi.

Fishmouse

Postby Fishmouse » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:43 pm

still waiting on Harvard

TransferRisk

Postby TransferRisk » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:32 pm

Well, here to share my pain. (T30, ~7%).

I was rejected from H before hearing back from HLR (and still haven’t heard). Leaves me wondering, did HLR reject my submission and inform admissions? Did admissions forget that I turned in a write-on submission? Did admissions simply not care?

Incomplete at Stanford despite having turned in everything. Office hasn’t replied.

Incomplete at Columbia despite having turned in everything. Office hasn’t replied.

NYU had problems with my undergraduate transcript. Completion still pending.

Argh. To top it off, I didn’t get onto my school’s main journal. I don't know what happened, but now I'm even more motivated to leave if I'm admitted. The only good news I've had for over a month is that I’ve been under review at Chicago for a couple weeks, and apparently survived the last cut. But no good word yet. Crossing my fingers!
Last edited by TransferRisk on Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Transferthrowaway

Postby Transferthrowaway » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:30 am

Here is to hoping we hear from S and Y this week.

cojonelso

Postby cojonelso » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:31 pm

traehekat wrote:Random note - visited NU today and deposited. Met with a career adviser who was awesome - really knowledgeable and helpful. Loved the school, obviously loved the area. Also put an application in at McClurg and got a good deal on a 612 sq. ft. convertible that just opened up. As long as I don't strike out at OCI I'll be really happy with my choice.

Show 'em how it's done!

scribelaw

Postby scribelaw » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:09 am

Is today the day for Yale?

Transferthrowaway

Postby Transferthrowaway » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:18 am

scribelaw wrote:Is today the day for Yale?

The million dollar question. S too, I hope.

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:22 am

Two weeks since I applied to Columbia and still "completion pending". Gimme a break.

lawstudent1986

Postby lawstudent1986 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:29 am

scribelaw wrote:Is today the day for Yale?

I think not. They've said in their emails that they would start getting in touch during the "latter half" of the week of July 18. I'm hoping we start hearing on Wednesday but realistically that probably means Thursday at the earliest.

Return to “Transfers”