T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
crazyblink653

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby crazyblink653 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:59 pm

keg411 wrote:I guess I should just be happy to be complete at CLS at this point.

Also, the "ordering football tickets" part of the Michigan Admitted Students Site is not working. I hope this doesn't mean they are sold out for law students and it's just broken right now :(... I also have yet to get the packet with the flash drive and all the cool stuff.

when were you admitted? (pretty sure) they sent the admit packet 2-day airmail so if you were admitted a while ago and still haven't received it, you might want to check that they have the right address.

crazyblink653

Postby crazyblink653 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:01 pm

tww909 wrote:
keg411 wrote:I guess I should just be happy to be complete at CLS at this point.

Also, the "ordering football tickets" part of the Michigan Admitted Students Site is not working. I hope this doesn't mean they are sold out for law students and it's just broken right now :(... I also have yet to get the packet with the flash drive and all the cool stuff.

did you get an email with login info for the admitted students site? i didn't get anything like that (or the packet yet). i'm pretty certain i didn't imagine the conversation i had with the admissions person yesterday, but i have been having transfer dreams lately, so i don't want to rule it out.

no email. just a phone call and admission packet. you'll get access to the admitted student site with the info in your admission packet.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:02 pm

tww909 wrote:

did you get an email with login info for the admitted students site? i didn't get anything like that (or the packet yet). i'm pretty certain i didn't imagine the conversation i had with the admissions person yesterday, but i have been having transfer dreams lately, so i don't want to rule it out.

Call the admissions office and have them scan and send your letter. I was thinking about that too, and then I realized they just scanned and sent everything as .pdfs (they sent both my stuff for the writing comp and my offer letter).

After a soul-searching walk and thinking for the last couple of days, I'm about 80% Michigan at this point (barring a shock from Penn/CLS/NYU). It's probably not based on anything rational, but there are just little things I like more about Michigan than NU (even though NU's employment stats have been more impressive during ITE).

Also, I just realized maybe you need to actually enroll and pay the deposit before being able to buy the football tix. They probably don't want admitted students just buying and selling them on stubhub for $$$ :lol:.

ETA: I was admitted on 7/13 and UPS doesn't usually come until 5pm. I am just impatient because I want the cool stuff :lol:.

ReversedAndRemanded

Postby ReversedAndRemanded » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:05 pm

I was accepted last Friday, but they didn't mail the packet until Monday and it arrived Wednesday night, so if it's not there yet it'll be there soon.

I went through the instructions for the admitted students website, etc. (which didn't work), but I got an email the next morning that said "Please call the Athletic Ticket Office at 866/296-6849 to place an order for student football season tickets, and the service representative who answers will help you out." I haven't called them yet (probably will do it Mon/Tues after I send in my deposit), but it looks like you can skip the online ordering hullabaloo and just call.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:06 pm

ReversedAndRemanded wrote:

I was accepted last Friday, but they didn't mail the packet until Monday and it arrived Wednesday night, so if it's not there yet it'll be there soon.

I went through the instructions for the admitted students website, etc. (which didn't work), but I got an email the next morning that said "Please call the Athletic Ticket Office at 866/296-6849 to place an order for student football season tickets, and the service representative who answers will help you out." I haven't called them yet (probably will do it Mon/Tues after I send in my deposit), but it looks like you can skip the online ordering hullabaloo and just call.

tww909

Postby tww909 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:07 pm

keg411 wrote:
tww909 wrote:

Call the admissions office and have them scan and send your letter. I was thinking about that too, and then I realized they just scanned and sent everything as .pdfs (they sent both my stuff for the writing comp and my offer letter).

After a soul-searching walk and thinking for the last couple of days, I'm about 80% Michigan at this point (barring a shock from Penn/CLS/NYU). It's probably not based on anything rational, but there are just little things I like more about Michigan than NU (even though NU's employment stats have been more impressive during ITE).

Also, I just realized maybe you need to actually enroll and pay the deposit before being able to buy the football tix. They probably don't want admitted students just buying and selling them on stubhub for $$$ :lol:.

ETA: I was admitted on 7/13 and UPS doesn't usually come until 5pm. I am just impatient because I want the cool stuff :lol:.

thanks. i want the cool stuff too. if they're sending me a flash drive then there's no doubt i'm going.

i'm 95% sure i'll be depositing soon. i signed up for the write on and everything, the only thing that can change my mind now is uchi (which i still haven't been rejected from despite two rounds going out) or sls. and sls definitely isn't happening.

i'm thinking the M transfer class will be great this year. lots of cool people ITT, and i know another cool guy from my school is headed to ann arbor too.

starchinkilt

Postby starchinkilt » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:07 pm

Hey Keg, about football tickets:

The online ordering due date was June 24th, which is why it is down. When you get your package it'll have your UM ID. You'll have to call the ticket office directly, and they'll put your order right in if they're available.

Edit: I see you already have your ID if you were able to get into the ASW. Call asap before they close today if you see this.
Edit 2: I guess only call asap if you wanna go cause it'll cost you 250 :lol:
Edit 3: I see someone already addressed this. I'm still exhausted from seeing HP at midnight. :lol:

ClarDarr

Postby ClarDarr » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:29 pm

For all those feeling blue over the cls completion status, I went complete yesterday, so it looks like they are working quickly. I hope y'all here soon!

tww909

Postby tww909 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:32 pm

ClarDarr wrote:For all those feeling blue over the cls completion status, I went complete yesterday, so it looks like they are working quickly. I hope y'all here soon!

lulz

ClarDarr

Postby ClarDarr » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:33 pm

tww909 wrote:
ClarDarr wrote:For all those feeling blue over the cls completion status, I went complete yesterday, so it looks like they are working quickly. I hope y'all here soon!

lulz

I mean in relation to the earlier pace.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:40 pm

I went complete yesterday as well, but no acceptance. Congrats ClarDarr :).

Also - withdrew from Cornell due to their asinine OCI policy.

ms2010

Postby ms2010 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:43 pm

Been complete since 7/7. Still crickets on all fronts!

ClarDarr

Postby ClarDarr » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:51 pm

keg411 wrote:

Sorry, I know you liked Cornell!

keg411

Postby keg411 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:59 pm

ClarDarr wrote:
keg411 wrote:

It's all good. Mich and NU are ranked higher anyway :P (not that I'm bitter or anything :lol:).

ClarDarr

Postby ClarDarr » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:07 pm

keg411 wrote:
ClarDarr wrote:
keg411 wrote:

It's all good. Mich and NU are ranked higher anyway :P (not that I'm bitter or anything :lol:).

Will you be waiting on any of the places you've not heard from?

keg411

Postby keg411 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:23 pm

Yup. I'm going to keep my apps in at Penn/NYU/CLS since a quick change to any of those schools would be super easy. Even if it means eating ANOTHER deposit.

ms2010

Postby ms2010 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:27 pm

I hope we get decisions one way or another next week. I honestly just want to know where I'll be come September!

ReversedAndRemanded

Postby ReversedAndRemanded » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:33 pm

ms2010 wrote:I hope we get decisions one way or another next week. I honestly just want to know where I'll be come September!

+1

ClarDarr

Postby ClarDarr » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:36 pm

ReversedAndRemanded wrote:
ms2010 wrote:I hope we get decisions one way or another next week. I honestly just want to know where I'll be come September!

+1

I'll be withdrawing from Penn or cls or both on Monday. Hopefully that opens a spot!

keg411

Postby keg411 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:00 pm

OUT at Penn. Okay with it. I can't get in everywhere :lol:.

ms2010

Postby ms2010 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:05 pm

keg411 wrote:OUT at Penn. Okay with it. I can't get in everywhere :lol:.

How did you hear? Makes me quite nervous now.

ms2010

Postby ms2010 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:06 pm

ms2010 wrote:

Also - does your status checker say anything?

keg411

Postby keg411 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:21 pm

ms2010 wrote:

E-mail. Dunno about my status checker, but probably something like "admission denied" (don't feel like looking at it because I'm a hair disappointed).

ms2010

Postby ms2010 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:22 pm

keg411 wrote:
ms2010 wrote:

E-mail. Dunno about my status checker, but probably something like "admission denied" (don't feel like looking at it because I'm a hair disappointed).

Don't be - you still have some amazing options!

ClarDarr

Postby ClarDarr » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:26 pm

ms2010 wrote:
keg411 wrote:
ms2010 wrote:

Don't be - you still have some amazing options!

srsly.

Return to “Transfers”