T14 Transfer Status Change Thread Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
jstn1104

Bronze

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Post by jstn1104 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:45 pm

mrloblaw wrote:Status went to letter sent at NYU yesterday and no express mail today. I called them and was told that it would have been sent regular mail. Since everyone else seems to be getting express mail and/or Phone calls (which they told me they couldn't do), should I take this as a rejection and accept my next choice?
I think it's an accept. I haven't gotten mine in the mail yet but I was able to get them to confirm over the phone that I was admitted (I'm on a road trip right now so I asked them to tell me over the phone). My letter went out 7/21

keycite12

New

Post by keycite12 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:50 pm

Hey congrats on NYU. I'm UR since 7/12. how long did it take for your status to change?

jstn1104

Bronze

Post by jstn1104 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:51 pm

keycite12 wrote:Hey congrats on NYU. I'm UR since 7/12. how long did it take for your status to change?
I was UR 6/30 until it changed to Decision Letter Sent 7/21

engineered madness

Bronze

Post by engineered madness » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:54 pm

jstn1104 wrote:
keycite12 wrote:Hey congrats on NYU. I'm UR since 7/12. how long did it take for your status to change?
Aren't you going to CLS?

jstn1104

Bronze

Post by jstn1104 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:58 pm

engineered madness wrote:
jstn1104 wrote:
Aren't you going to CLS?
I'm 99% sure I'm going to CLS. I told NYU I planned to withdraw if I hadn't heard back from them by this past Monday, but I guess they didn't read that email.

Honestly it's a tough decision. I'm probably gonna stick with CLS since I've already paid the deposit and started the transition. I think NYU might be a more enjoyable law school experience. But I'm probably slightly better off on the job front coming from CLS.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:04 pm

jstn1104 wrote:
engineered madness wrote:
jstn1104 wrote:
Aren't you going to CLS?
I'm 99% sure I'm going to CLS. I told NYU I planned to withdraw if I hadn't heard back from them by this past Monday, but I guess they didn't read that email.

Honestly it's a tough decision. I'm probably gonna stick with CLS since I've already paid the deposit and started the transition. I think NYU might be a more enjoyable law school experience. But I'm probably slightly better off on the job front coming from CLS.
For biglaw in NY, it's pretty much identical. If your job goals involve academia or clerkships, then CLS has the edge. If its public interest oriented, then definitely NYU

engineered madness

Bronze

Post by engineered madness » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:07 pm

I don't think CLS is happening today...

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:10 pm

engineered madness wrote:I don't think CLS is happening today...
Of course not. Better damn well be early next week.

jstn1104

Bronze

Post by jstn1104 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:12 pm

kaiser wrote:For biglaw in NY, it's pretty much identical. If your job goals involve academia or clerkships, then CLS has the edge. If its public interest oriented, then definitely NYU
Are there any statistics out there comparing the two as far as biglaw prospects?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Vronsky

Silver

Post by Vronsky » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:16 pm

a friend of mine, who is #2 in my school, is still waiting on NYU and CLS, when I'm #3 and I've already been accepted at CLS and withdrew from NYU. I keep telling him that until he is rejected, there is hope. any advice? other ppl in the same boat?

lawfuture10

Bronze

Post by lawfuture10 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:17 pm

Vronsky wrote:a friend of mine, who is #2 in my school, is still waiting on NYU and CLS, when I'm #3 and I've already been accepted at CLS and withdrew from NYU. I keep telling him that until he is rejected, there is hope. any advice? other ppl in the same boat?
Get to admissions and sell yourself to the dean. If possible.

Made the difference for me getting into UCLA. Dean told me so.

TransferRisk

New

Post by TransferRisk » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:29 pm

I think C/C/N are relatively equal for these purposes, TBH.
Last edited by TransferRisk on Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Transferthrowaway

Silver

Post by Transferthrowaway » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:30 pm

TransferRisk wrote:What if one desires politics /business/non lawyer. Down the road.(read: rule the world). c ,c, or n? Outside NYC?
Columbia for lay prestige, connection to consulting.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

SLShopeful

New

Post by SLShopeful » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:21 pm

So is it safe to say that those ppl at S that got their letters sent yesterday but no calls are in for some bad news? What does that mean for the rest who's status still is unchanged (pseudo-waitlist?)?

somethingdemure

New

Post by somethingdemure » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:32 pm

SLShopeful wrote:So is it safe to say that those ppl at S that got their letters sent yesterday but no calls are in for some bad news? What does that mean for the rest who's status still is unchanged (pseudo-waitlist?)?
I don't think it looks good for any of us. Didn't someone say they already accepted 20? Can't imagine they'll take too many more.

dobby

New

Post by dobby » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:53 am

somethingdemure wrote:
SLShopeful wrote:So is it safe to say that those ppl at S that got their letters sent yesterday but no calls are in for some bad news? What does that mean for the rest who's status still is unchanged (pseudo-waitlist?)?
I don't think it looks good for any of us. Didn't someone say they already accepted 20? Can't imagine they'll take too many more.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but S is likely done. They sent out the LR writing competition materials yesterday, and the latest we can start is Monday, so unless they call some people on Monday to accept them and then say oh btw the clock is ticking if you're doing the write-on, go! then it sounds like S is probably finished. Good luck to everyone wherever they end up.

SLShopeful

New

Post by SLShopeful » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:40 am

Thanks for the info, dobby. I'll try not to shoot the messenger :|

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Transferthrowaway

Silver

Post by Transferthrowaway » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:46 am

dobby wrote:
somethingdemure wrote:
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but S is likely done. They sent out the LR writing competition materials yesterday, and the latest we can start is Monday, so unless they call some people on Monday to accept them and then say oh btw the clock is ticking if you're doing the write-on, go! then it sounds like S is probably finished. Good luck to everyone wherever they end up.

*gives you a sock hidden in a Torts casebook* You are now free to go to SLS.

Regionality

Silver

Post by Regionality » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:38 pm

Transferthrowaway wrote:
dobby wrote:
somethingdemure wrote:

*gives you a sock hidden in a Torts casebook* You are now free to go to SLS.
I'd go to S w/o law review. I wouldn't go after OCI deadline.

SLShopeful

New

Post by SLShopeful » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:15 pm

Regionality wrote:
+1

Anybody get letters in the mail today?

TransferRisk

New

Post by TransferRisk » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:13 pm

SLShopeful wrote:
Regionality wrote:
+1

++1.

No letter yet. I'm beat up over the fact that SLS might be done. It was my #1 by far and away, and the way this process went, I get the feeling admissions may not have even read my application (yet).

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

moonlune

New

Post by moonlune » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:36 pm

TransferRisk wrote:
SLShopeful wrote:
Regionality wrote:
+1

++1.

No letter yet. I'm beat up over the fact that SLS might be done. It was my #1 by far and away, and the way this process went, I get the feeling admissions may not have even read my application (yet).
I would go even after the OCI deadline... it's SLS

TransferRisk

New

Post by TransferRisk » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:59 pm

moonlune wrote:
TransferRisk wrote:
SLShopeful wrote:
Regionality wrote:
+1

++1.

I would go even after the OCI deadline... it's SLS
You know, you're right. I don't feel that way about CCN, but a massmail from SLS is going to get attention, and the name has a greater impact into the future.

Regionality

Silver

Post by Regionality » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:56 pm

TransferRisk wrote:
You know, you're right. I don't feel that way about CCN, but a massmail from SLS is going to get attention, and the name has a greater impact into the future.
Yea maybe you're right. I'd be like "I got accepted after OCI deadline so I'm contacting you directly. Boom I'm still at SLS. You want my ass."

Transferthrowaway

Silver

Post by Transferthrowaway » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:56 pm

Any guesses on the likelihood of Stanford taking us behind the barn tomorrow?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”