T14 Transfer Status Change Thread Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
DeSimone

Bronze

T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Post by DeSimone » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:51 pm

Post your transfer status updates and decisions at t14 schools ITT.

Went UR at UVA the other day. Nearing completion everywhere else.

starchinkilt

Bronze

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Post by starchinkilt » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:02 pm

NYU: "Application being processed"
Columbia: "Pending Completion"
Michigan: No status checker yet
GULC: Accepted EA

Still waiting on a grade and my transcript to be sent next week at the earliest anyway.
Last edited by starchinkilt on Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:14 pm

GULC: Complete (today)
Berkeley: Under Review (today)

Sent: Michigan and Penn (today)
Still need to do Personal Statements: Cornell, Northwestern, NYU, Columbia (LOL at the last two)
Not applying: Duke, UVA, YHS
Rejected: Chicago (ED)

starchinkilt

Bronze

Post by starchinkilt » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:16 pm

keg411 wrote:GULC: Complete (today)

Still need to do Personal Statements: Cornell, Northwestern, NYU, Columbia (LOL at the last two)
Haha same, I've been wondering if I just wasted $200

zomginternets

Silver

Post by zomginternets » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:06 pm

starchinkilt wrote:
keg411 wrote:GULC: Complete (today)

Haha same, I've been wondering if I just wasted $200
If you were accepted to GT EA, then you should have a good chance at NYU and Columbia. I've heard of people getting into NYU while getting deferred from GT.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Vronsky

Silver

Post by Vronsky » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:43 am

H = "Application Received and Processing"
CLS = "Completion Pending"
NYU = nothing yet unusually (pats self on back)
P = "Application Received and Processing"
UVA = "Transfer App. - In Review"
GULC = "Application Completed" (deferred EA, application updated via email correspondence but no change on Status Checker since April)

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:36 pm

Updating Chicago with my transcript today. I know I asked this before in another thread, but did any of you update them with unofficial grades in an email? How'd you go about doing it? Our registrar hasn't provided us with anything to send out yet (although eventually they will for OCI purposes). Probably just going to send them a screenshot of my unofficial grade report converted into a PDF.

Also applying to NU within the next couple days. Any other prospective NU transfers out there?

starchinkilt

Bronze

Post by starchinkilt » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:00 pm

traehekat wrote:Updating Chicago with my transcript today. I know I asked this before in another thread, but did any of you update them with unofficial grades in an email? How'd you go about doing it? Our registrar hasn't provided us with anything to send out yet (although eventually they will for OCI purposes). Probably just going to send them a screenshot of my unofficial grade report converted into a PDF.

Also applying to NU within the next couple days. Any other prospective NU transfers out there?
Yeah, just send them a pdf of your unofficial transcript in an e-mail and let them know the official one is on the way.

DeSimone

Bronze

Post by DeSimone » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:01 pm

Has anyone gotten the UMich status checker email?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

starchinkilt

Bronze

Post by starchinkilt » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:10 pm

DeSimone wrote:Has anyone gotten the UMich status checker email?
Nah, just got an e-mail around memorial day saying they received my application.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:05 pm

traehekat wrote:Also applying to NU within the next couple days. Any other prospective NU transfers out there?
I'm applying to NU. Will probably be sending my app this weekend (just need to finish my PS).
I also have yet to get anything from Mich, though I sent last night. My app was received at Penn.

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:28 pm

keg411 wrote:
traehekat wrote:Also applying to NU within the next couple days. Any other prospective NU transfers out there?
I'm applying to NU. Will probably be sending my app this weekend (just need to finish my PS).
I also have yet to get anything from Mich, though I sent last night. My app was received at Penn.
Have you already updated LSAC with spring grades? Our official transcripts are ready as of today I guess, so I am ordering them now, but I'm sure they won't be processed with LSAC for another week or so. Do you think I should just apply to NU now with only my fall grades and update with spring grades in a week, or just wait to apply when everything is processed?

Also, how does updating transcripts even work? I get that they are sent to LSAC, who processes them and what not, but how do schools get them? Does LSAC automatically provide that information for every school you have applied to or is there something that needs to be done manually?

sjedood

New

Post by sjedood » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:47 am

Hi,

I am in the process of applying to NYU. My 1L grades and thus official transcript is not ready yet. Do I submit my app on LSAC nd then send nyu the other things like my law school and all those supplemental forms when the transcript becomes available?

Also, my undergrad transcript on lsac does not have my last semester grades. So do I just send an updated transcript by mail?

Finally, recommendations are not required. I can get one if I wanted, but is it that important.

If someone could please pm me I would really appreciate it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:09 pm

traehekat wrote:
keg411 wrote:
Have you already updated LSAC with spring grades? Our official transcripts are ready as of today I guess, so I am ordering them now, but I'm sure they won't be processed with LSAC for another week or so. Do you think I should just apply to NU now with only my fall grades and update with spring grades in a week, or just wait to apply when everything is processed?

Also, how does updating transcripts even work? I get that they are sent to LSAC, who processes them and what not, but how do schools get them? Does LSAC automatically provide that information for every school you have applied to or is there something that needs to be done manually?
I'm not bothering with LSAC and just sending updated transcripts straight from my school (which a bunch request anyway). It's a pretty easy process at my current school.

starchinkilt

Bronze

Post by starchinkilt » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:28 pm

keg411 wrote: I'm not bothering with LSAC and just sending updated transcripts straight from my school (which a bunch request anyway). It's a pretty easy process at my current school.
Same, I think only Chicago wants transcripts sent through LSAC.

maf70

Bronze

Post by maf70 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:57 am

Got an email from Michigan saying they received my application.

DeSimone

Bronze

Post by DeSimone » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:54 pm

Went "File Complete, Pending Review/Decision" after being "In review" at UVA.. Confused

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Vronsky

Silver

Post by Vronsky » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:38 pm

DeSimone wrote:Went "File Complete, Pending Review/Decision" after being "In review" at UVA.. Confused
Yeah, mine's said "Application Received - In Review" since the first day. I'm sure "In review" doesn't actually mean under review.

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:40 pm

How long till you guys got receipt of application confirmation from NYU? Just submitted over the weekend. Been sending in random pieces of the application over the past month though. They told me they will pool everything once the main application is in. Not sure how long that usually takes though.

Vronsky

Silver

Post by Vronsky » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:46 pm

kaiser wrote:How long till you guys got receipt of application confirmation from NYU? Just submitted over the weekend. Been sending in random pieces of the application over the past month though. They told me they will pool everything once the main application is in. Not sure how long that usually takes though.
I submitted to all schools on thursday 6/9, and have status updates from all schools except NYU, as of Monday 6/13.

lovelaw27

Bronze

Post by lovelaw27 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:44 pm

I went under review at Boalt today. One step closer to my first rejection.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

starchinkilt

Bronze

Post by starchinkilt » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:05 am

Columbia status went from Completion Pending to Incomplete, and they added boxes for my law school transcript and deans certification/form.

DeSimone

Bronze

Post by DeSimone » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:12 pm

Complete at Duke

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:16 pm

Just got NYU status checker. Still at "processing app" stage, so I don't know just yet whether or not they pooled all the pieces together that I've been sending. But its good that it only took 2 days to get the status checker. Compulsively checking status every few hours? Feels like being a 0L all over again...

DeSimone

Bronze

Post by DeSimone » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:46 pm

Vronsky wrote:
DeSimone wrote:Went "File Complete, Pending Review/Decision" after being "In review" at UVA.. Confused
Yeah, mine's said "Application Received - In Review" since the first day. I'm sure "In review" doesn't actually mean under review.
From UVA's website: "We will begin to review applications for transfer admission by June 15, so it is to your advantage to file your application and supporting materials by that time."

So it looks like tomorrow is the day.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”