T14 Transfer Status Change Thread Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
oktransferok

New

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Post by oktransferok » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:18 pm

Finally complete at Penn! I guess my school forgot (twice) to send out the correct form. I hope I am not at a significant disadvantage going complete so late in the game.

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:22 pm

Got the email from Michigan about receiving my application.

missinglink

Silver

Post by missinglink » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:55 pm

I wouldn't say the waiting is stressful, but I am pretty anxious at the moment. How's everyone else handling it?

The transfer process has also reawakened my LSAT demons. :twisted: Probably partially because I'm once again being evaluated by the sum total of some numbers that are supposed to approximate my abilities.

I wonder what could have been if only I had been able to sleep the night before the test and actually hit my practice average.

Tiresias

New

Post by Tiresias » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:01 pm

missinglink wrote:I wouldn't say the waiting is stressful, but I am pretty anxious at the moment. How's everyone else handling it?

The transfer process has also reawakened my LSAT demons. :twisted: Probably partially because I'm once again being evaluated by the sum total of some numbers that are supposed to approximate my abilities.

I wonder what could have been if only I had been able to sleep the night before the test and actually hit my practice average.
I understand what you are going through. What has helped me the most is envisioning how I can achieve my overall life goals without transfer. True, it will be harder and take more time. But it can still be done. We have all proven we are determined, hard working people. It is remembering that we can use those characteristics to get us where we eventually want to be.

seattlegirl

New

Post by seattlegirl » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:40 pm

missinglink wrote:I wouldn't say the waiting is stressful, but I am pretty anxious at the moment. How's everyone else handling it?

I couldn't agree with you more! I keep telling myself that whatever is meant to be will be w/r/t transferring and that God has a plan that He will make clear. The LSAT does not measure intelligence or the ability to succeed in law school IMHO. It only measures your ability to answer certain kinds of question under a very contrived pressure-filled environment. I too had a problem sleeping the night before the LSAT which adversely affected my performance on the LSAT.

I hope that one day law schools will place less importance on the LSAT (maybe they could use it as a factor like business schools do with the GMAT but not as the factor that it currently plays). But this will only happen if USN&WR starts to focus less on the LSAT as a measure of selectivity / rankings.

Hope we all have superior transfer success!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lawschoolgrapedme

Bronze

Post by lawschoolgrapedme » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:55 pm

Is this a law school transfer forum or a therapy session?

missinglink

Silver

Post by missinglink » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:01 pm

The two go hand in hand sometimes. :)

JRD

New

Post by JRD » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:18 pm

In at Michigan a couple of days ago. NYU still processing. I'm probably just going to do Michigan though. Anyone else sure on Michigan? How's the housing search going?

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:34 pm

What does the LSAT have anything to do with the transfer process? I guess my LSAT was fine, so I don't have any insecurities about it, and I feel my lawl skool GPA proves that my undergrad GPA was the result of immaturity and many years ago. In fact, I feel my transfer applications are MUCH stronger than my original law school apps, so I'm pretty happy with the transfer process.

But getting an acceptance under my belt very early probably helps. If I hadn't gotten into GULC, I would definitely feel way more insecure right now (especially after rejections from Chicago ED and probably Berkeley).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

missinglink

Silver

Post by missinglink » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:57 pm

It has nothing to do with the transfer process. Although allegedly Harvard says they take it into consideration.

It more has to do with where I am, where I could be, and other existential thoughts.

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:59 pm

JRD wrote:In at Michigan a couple of days ago. NYU still processing. I'm probably just going to do Michigan though. Anyone else sure on Michigan? How's the housing search going?
Congrats! You had to pretty much be a lock for Michigan. Did you apply anywhere else besides NYU?

JRD

New

Post by JRD » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:21 pm

traehekat wrote:
JRD wrote:In at Michigan a couple of days ago. NYU still processing. I'm probably just going to do Michigan though. Anyone else sure on Michigan? How's the housing search going?
Congrats! You had to pretty much be a lock for Michigan. Did you apply anywhere else besides NYU?
Thanks! I also applied to BC as a fall back. I was pretty tunnel visioned toward Michigan (considering I already live in Michigan). Good thing they let me know so soon.

starchinkilt

Bronze

Post by starchinkilt » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:23 pm

Congrats! I'll be going barring a CLS/NYU acceptance (and even then it will be a tough choice).

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

chanel1285

New

Post by chanel1285 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:28 pm

Is anyone complete at NYU? Someone at the admissions office just told me they do not accept transcripts through lsac, you have to send both the undergrad and law school transcript directly to them.

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:35 pm

JRD wrote:
traehekat wrote:
Thanks! I also applied to BC as a fall back. I was pretty tunnel visioned toward Michigan (considering I already live in Michigan). Good thing they let me know so soon.
Yeah makes sense. When did you apply?

lawschoolgrapedme

Bronze

Post by lawschoolgrapedme » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:36 pm

chanel1285 wrote:Is anyone complete at NYU? Someone at the admissions office just told me they do not accept transcripts through lsac, you have to send both the undergrad and law school transcript directly to them.
They told me I only had to send the undergrad transcript directly to them - God I hope I dont have to resend my law transcript

AugustaMasters

New

Post by AugustaMasters » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:52 pm

You're joking? No wonder I'm not complete. There was no indication on the NYU application instructions that undergrad transcripts could not be sent through LSAC. Does anyone know if this is the case for Columbia too?
Last edited by AugustaMasters on Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

lawschoolgrapedme

Bronze

Post by lawschoolgrapedme » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:20 pm

AugustaMasters wrote:Your joking? No wonder I'm not complete. There was no indication on the NYU application instructions that undergrad transcripts could not be sent through LSAC. Does anyone know if this is the case for Columbia too?
As far as I know its just NYU

ReversedAndRemanded

New

Post by ReversedAndRemanded » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:34 pm

Complete and ready for review at H - 7/1

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:34 pm

AugustaMasters wrote:Your joking? No wonder I'm not complete. There was no indication on the NYU application instructions that undergrad transcripts could not be sent through LSAC. Does anyone know if this is the case for Columbia too?
I thought we only had to send the undergrad dean certs directly, not transcripts as well. :|
Guess I'll have to call sometime next week to double-check.

quiver

Silver

Post by quiver » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:46 pm

Hey everyone, thought I'd finally get in on this thread

Got in GULC EA
Held at Chicago ED

almost complete at CLS, just waiting for them to receive my undergrad dean cert
still incomplete at NYU, unsure why (maybe I need to send the undergrad transcript directly?)
"Under committee review 6/28" at Penn (not updated to 6/30)
complete at Michigan
just need to send my class rank to Duke
still incomplete at Cornell but they should have everything

anyone wanna weigh in as to why I'm still "under committee review" as of 6/28 at Penn but not updated to 6/30?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lightlycurious

New

Post by lightlycurious » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:01 pm

i'm pretty sure (though i'll double check) that my undergrad transcript went to NYU with my LSAC report and i'm under review there as of 6/27. question (or two) for anyone familiar with some of the stats on this stuff: i have a 3.0 from a top-20 but still took a stab at NYU...my question is, can any number of impressive achievements (and/or an exceptional personal statement) overcome this meager GPA to get into NYU as a transfer student? i know this is a very numbers-based process, but i was wondering if anyone had ever heard of these schools making exceptions based on other, non-gpa criteria? any feedback would be appreciated.

DeliciousCake

New

Post by DeliciousCake » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:50 pm

Vronsky wrote:
lawfuture10 wrote:Status updated at Penn from UR 6/28 to UR 6/30 today....?

why god why
me too! changed from UR 6/34 to UR 6/30..... fingers crossed!
sorry i'm a bit late on my response but mine didn't change from my initial UR 6/28. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN.

tfer2222

Bronze

Post by tfer2222 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:26 am

DeliciousCake wrote:
Vronsky wrote:
lawfuture10 wrote:Status updated at Penn from UR 6/28 to UR 6/30 today....?

why god why
me too! changed from UR 6/34 to UR 6/30..... fingers crossed!
sorry i'm a bit late on my response but mine didn't change from my initial UR 6/28. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN.
IT MEANS YOU'RE FUCKED!!!!

mrosmith

Bronze

Post by mrosmith » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:59 pm

Decision at Michigan as of today, the holiday. Can't log into the admitted student's page, and didn't receive a call. Guess it's my first Ding. Oh well, guess I'll settle for Georgetown.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”