T14 Transfer Status Change Thread Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
engineered madness

Bronze

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Post by engineered madness » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:19 pm

kaiser wrote:
engineered madness wrote:But kaiser, while I agree the chances are low to make LR at NYU are low - do not forget - it was also very unlikely one would be a competitive applicant for transfer to the T6...
I understand, but I guess I just wouldn't pick between the 2 based on that point. If both give me a solid chance to get onto a secondary journal, then it would be essentially equal to me. But hey, it can never hurt to shoot high
precisely my point, my dear man

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:20 pm

keg411 wrote:
kaiser wrote:
sdedalus wrote:Anyone hear more from CLS? I called Admissions today because of a deposit deadline, and they told me I would have a decision, "Very, very soon."

Wondering if this is a stock answer, or they actually are releasing a bunch of decisions this week? I'm in NY, and nothing in the mail today. Went complete 7/22.
Good to hear. Maybe that means they will be releasing new decisions by the end of this week (or the end of the day perhaps). Complete 7/20 here.
Considering snail mail dings have started going out, we're probably all getting rejected (wish they would do it by e-mail instead; it's instant and painless).

But at least it's an answer.
I can't imagine that they would accept no one who applied after July 1. We haven't heard any decisions either way in the past week from people in the 2nd wave of decisions (aside from one guy who reported a snail mail ding). I wouldn't concede anything just yet.

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:23 pm

Unless of course they got a yield from the first round that was abnormally high. But even so, I'm still holding out hope that there will be a few acceptances.

engineered madness

Bronze

Post by engineered madness » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:27 pm

kaiser wrote:Unless of course they got a yield from the first round that was abnormally high. But even so, I'm still holding out hope that there will be a few acceptances.
I recall a considerable amount of persons withdrawing (Harvard admits)

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:36 pm

Look, I was also complete after the most recent waves at CLS and NYU. But I still think they're both pretty close to filling their classes and I doubt there will be another huge round of acceptances. Maybe I'm wrong, but I dunno...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

odiero

New

Post by odiero » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:45 pm

Anyone know if the rules on cross-registration are different for transfers (at NYU and CLS)? Continuing students can put 10 cross-registration credits toward the JD.

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:16 pm

Called up just to confirm that the glitch in the CLS status checker is just a glitch. They said that, if you got the complete email, then you are fine, and to ignore it. Though when I asked for the timeframe for decisions, she said it would be going into August, saying that while it could be this week, it could also be next. So now I'm back to "guess the decision won't come today" mood.

sdedalus

New

Post by sdedalus » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:27 pm

kaiser wrote:Called up just to confirm that the glitch in the CLS status checker is just a glitch. They said that, if you got the complete email, then you are fine, and to ignore it. Though when I asked for the timeframe for decisions, she said it would be going into August, saying that while it could be this week, it could also be next. So now I'm back to "guess the decision won't come today" mood.
Honestly, I think they just tell you whatever to get you off the phone. I didn't even give the guy my name when I called, and he just said, "very soon," implying any day now. Meanwhile, call at a different time and you hear, "into August."

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:28 pm

sdedalus wrote:
kaiser wrote:Called up just to confirm that the glitch in the CLS status checker is just a glitch. They said that, if you got the complete email, then you are fine, and to ignore it. Though when I asked for the timeframe for decisions, she said it would be going into August, saying that while it could be this week, it could also be next. So now I'm back to "guess the decision won't come today" mood.
Honestly, I think they just tell you whatever to get you off the phone. I didn't even give the guy my name when I called, and he just said, "very soon," implying any day now. Meanwhile, call at a different time and you hear, "into August."
Yeah thats true. If I were in there position, I would just keep saying "you will get them soon". Its just ambiguous enough to get us pestering applicants off the phone without further Q's, and without lying.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

habeas__corpus

New

Post by habeas__corpus » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:36 pm

I've been lurking this forum for a while and I figured it's time for me to post.

T20, top 1% + LR

In at Harvard and attending.

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:38 pm

FYI, I checked up on the past 2 years of CLS transfer threads and they were accepting people as late as early August 2 years ago. And last year's thread had a batch of decisions come out right around the 27th or 28th of July. So don't assume they are done accepting people.

engineered madness

Bronze

Post by engineered madness » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:40 pm

kaiser wrote:FYI, I checked up on the past 2 years of CLS transfer threads and they were accepting people as late as early August 2 years ago. And last year's thread had a batch of decisions come out right around the 27th or 28th of July. So don't assume they are done accepting people.
were the decisions released within the 4-5pm time frame, those past years?

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:44 pm

engineered madness wrote:
kaiser wrote:FYI, I checked up on the past 2 years of CLS transfer threads and they were accepting people as late as early August 2 years ago. And last year's thread had a batch of decisions come out right around the 27th or 28th of July. So don't assume they are done accepting people.
were the decisions released within the 4-5pm time frame, those past years?
Not all. Someone had 4PM, someone on July 29th had 11:15am admission email.

The thread ends with a bunch of people who were complete in mid-July who had to wait all the way until August to get their rejections

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

xyz789

New

Post by xyz789 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:09 pm

anyone move at nyu today?

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:10 pm

xyz789 wrote:anyone move at nyu today?
Someone I know got in yesterday, so they are def still at it

Regionality

Silver

Post by Regionality » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:43 pm

SLS status checker changed. I called. She said letter sent today. I asked what did it say. She said dinged.

Top 5% at Wisconsin.

Cycle over and going to Berkeley!!!!!!!!!!

engineered madness

Bronze

Post by engineered madness » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:43 pm

Regionality wrote:SLS status checker changed. I called. She said letter sent today. I asked what did it say. She said dinged.

Top 5% at Wisconsin.

Congrats man, must feel good to know what's going next year.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:44 pm

Regionality wrote:SLS status checker changed. I called. She said letter sent today. I asked what did it say. She said dinged.

Top 5% at Wisconsin.

Talk about a win-win situation. Congrats on Berkeley

engineered madness

Bronze

Post by engineered madness » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:23 pm

anybody up for calling CLS to see if we can expect resolution today? figured they would know by now and wouldn't mind sharing that information(???)

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:26 pm

engineered madness wrote:anybody up for calling CLS to see if we can expect resolution today? figured they would know by now and wouldn't mind sharing that information(???)
Some say "soon", some say "very soon", some say "it will go on into August". So sure, call up. But don't expect their answer to be necessarily accurate. I just cant believe they do this so slowly given that their OCI starts in less than 3 weeks.

engineered madness

Bronze

Post by engineered madness » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:28 pm

"if not this week then sometime next week"

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:00 pm

engineered madness wrote:"if not this week then sometime next week"
See? Told you they would give the same vague BS. Perhaps that is code speak for "those who are accepted will hear soon, and those who aren't will just have to wait for their snail mail rejections", which wouldn't really be news at all.

And now that it is 4PM, I can compulsively check email, knowing full well that nothing will come :)

hellooocolumbia

New

Post by hellooocolumbia » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:06 pm

kaiser wrote:
See? Told you they would give the same vague BS. Perhaps that is code speak for "those who are accepted will hear soon, and those who aren't will just have to wait for their snail mail rejections", which wouldn't really be news at all.

And now that it is 4PM, I can compulsively check email, knowing full well that nothing will come :)
You people are nuts. Take a xanax and let it flow.

engineered madness

Bronze

Post by engineered madness » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:08 pm

kaiser wrote:

I think I could essentially consider that activity a hobby now...

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:11 pm

hellooocolumbia wrote:
kaiser wrote:

You people are nuts. Take a xanax and let it flow.
The combination of OCI starting in 3 weeks, and not even knowing where you are going to school, doesn't make for a very calm situation.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”