T14 Transfer Status Change Thread Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
xyz789

New

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Post by xyz789 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:18 pm

Mentioned this in a different thread but I think NYU status checker updates around 2pm.

Transfer987123

New

Post by Transfer987123 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:21 pm

Called SLS admissions office-- I was one of the ones with the changed status last night. The girl on the phone said that my letter was just mailed. I think it is a ding. Anyone else who experienced the change last night may also be a ding.

Regionality

Silver

Post by Regionality » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:23 pm

Transfer987123 wrote:Called SLS admissions office-- I was one of the ones with the changed status last night. The girl on the phone said that my letter was just mailed. I think it is a ding. Anyone else who experienced the change last night may also be a ding.
She wouldn't tell you what the letter said?

She seemed to imply to me that once my status changed she would be happy to tell me what it was.

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:24 pm

Lol any brave souls wanna call up CLS and ask when the 7/20 complete kids can expect decisions?

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:41 pm

I really wish CLS/NYU would just start sending rejections. I'm pretty set on Michigan, but I don't want to start mailing firms until I know I'm OUT at CLS/NYU, and that looks like it won't happen until August :(.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

engineered madness

Bronze

Post by engineered madness » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:42 pm

keg411 wrote:I really wish CLS/NYU would just start sending rejections. I'm pretty set on Michigan, but I don't want to start mailing firms until I know I'm OUT at CLS/NYU, and that looks like it won't happen until August :(.
what makes you say august?

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:45 pm

engineered madness wrote:
keg411 wrote:I really wish CLS/NYU would just start sending rejections. I'm pretty set on Michigan, but I don't want to start mailing firms until I know I'm OUT at CLS/NYU, and that looks like it won't happen until August :(.
Just a guess based on what would be the absolute worst for me :lol:.

engineered madness

Bronze

Post by engineered madness » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:50 pm

keg411 wrote:
engineered madness wrote:
Just a guess based on what would be the absolute worst for me :lol:.
ahhh protective pessimism...I know it well :)

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:52 pm

Coming up on the last few minutes of hope for CLS decisions today. Had a feeling they wouldn't end the pain this quickly for the 7/20 people.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

stjohns

New

Post by stjohns » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:00 pm

does anyone know anything about Cornell? ive been under review there for about 3 weeks?is that basically a no?
thanks

KafkaLover

New

Post by KafkaLover » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:05 pm

stjohns wrote:does anyone know anything about Cornell? ive been under review there for about 3 weeks?is that basically a no?
thanks
I'm UR there since 7/19 - turned out my school didn't send materials and that was the reason for the delay. You're not alone, but I don't know what's up with them unfortunately.

YZH

New

Post by YZH » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:12 pm

KafkaLover wrote:
stjohns wrote:does anyone know anything about Cornell? ive been under review there for about 3 weeks?is that basically a no?
thanks
I'm UR there since 7/19 - turned out my school didn't send materials and that was the reason for the delay. You're not alone, but I don't know what's up with them unfortunately.
I will say this though, I was in at Cornell on July 13 and b/c it was after their July 8 cut-off for the August Job Fair in NYC, I couldn't attend. That fair is where I'd say 75% if not more of their recruiting takes place. Only about 15-20 firms actually come to Ithaca for OCI. I know Skadden and Weil were going to their OCI, but it's still a lottery, so you're not guaranteed to interview with them. I talked to everyone possible: Deans, directors of admissions and career services, etc. etc., and to no avail. Because they have run the lottery for the Fair, there was no way I could be a part of it. Very reluctantly and with a heavy heart, I couldn't accept Cornell's offer of admission. Instead, I'm off to Northwestern. So just as a word of caution, if Cornell's your only yes, it might very well be better than your current school. But if you've gotten in somewhere else in the T14, I'd think long and hard about that school and perhaps take Cornell off your list.

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:14 pm

Thats a joke that Cornell expects kids to pay them full tuition as transfers, and then doesn't even allow them to participate in OCI, which is the only freaking reason they are transferring in the first place. Does the school really think you just want a pretty degree, but not access to tons of firms in what will likely be your sole shot at a big firm job? Inexplicably stupid.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Nacirema

New

Post by Nacirema » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:18 pm

Regionality wrote:
Transfer987123 wrote:Called SLS admissions office-- I was one of the ones with the changed status last night. The girl on the phone said that my letter was just mailed. I think it is a ding. Anyone else who experienced the change last night may also be a ding.
She wouldn't tell you what the letter said?

She seemed to imply to me that once my status changed she would be happy to tell me what it was.

I called too and asked. Admissions told me my letter is a ding. (I was a huge reach anyway!)

Wish the best to everyone else!

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:19 pm

kaiser wrote:Thats a joke that Cornell expects kids to pay them full tuition as transfers, and then doesn't even allow them to participate in OCI, which is the only freaking reason they are transferring in the first place. Does the school really think you just want a pretty degree, but not access to tons of firms in what will likely be your sole shot at a big firm job? Inexplicably stupid.
The funny thing is, I would have probably taken Cornell over the schools I got into because of the NY market access if it weren't for their OCI rule. I don't know what they pulled that crap this year. Especially since NO ONE (at least on TLS) heard before that July 8 deadline.

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:21 pm

keg411 wrote:
kaiser wrote:Thats a joke that Cornell expects kids to pay them full tuition as transfers, and then doesn't even allow them to participate in OCI, which is the only freaking reason they are transferring in the first place. Does the school really think you just want a pretty degree, but not access to tons of firms in what will likely be your sole shot at a big firm job? Inexplicably stupid.
The funny thing is, I would have probably taken Cornell over the schools I got into because of the NY market access if it weren't for their OCI rule. I don't know what they pulled that crap this year. Especially since NO ONE (at least on TLS) heard before that July 8 deadline.
Absolutely. It would otherwise be an incredibly attractive option for a number of students who want to transfer to an NY feeder school

darklighter13

New

Post by darklighter13 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:21 pm

Decision letter sent from NYU. No phone call = ding, I asume.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ms2010

Bronze

Post by ms2010 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:37 pm

darklighter13 wrote:Decision letter sent from NYU. No phone call = ding, I asume.
Don't assume. My decision letter arrived on Thursday morning and I didn't receive a call until Thursday afternoon. My status checker changed the day before.

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:43 pm

I never got any phone call yet I still got in at NYU

lightlycurious

New

Post by lightlycurious » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:43 pm

darklighter13 wrote:Decision letter sent from NYU. No phone call = ding, I asume.
sorry to hear it, but if you don't mind offering stats? and the dates you went complete/ur?

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:56 pm

So far, all of the NYU DLS's have been acceptances. So unless you're stats seem to indicate autoding, I'd say it's good news.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

arthurhk

New

Post by arthurhk » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:56 pm

Anyone still waiting on Chicago?

TransferRisk

New

Post by TransferRisk » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:08 pm

arthurhk wrote:Anyone still waiting on Chicago?
Yes sir.

darklighter13

New

Post by darklighter13 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:11 pm

Yep. Admissions told me they usually finish acceptances by the end of the month, so...

Chiglaw

New

Post by Chiglaw » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:27 pm

darklighter13 wrote:
Yep. Admissions told me they usually finish acceptances by the end of the month, so...
Good to hear. Thought my file had fallen behind a desk.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”