T14 Transfer Status Change Thread Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
empire84

New

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Post by empire84 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:01 am

chanel1285 wrote:status checker changed to "Decision letter sent" at NYU. Any ideas when the letter would arrive based on the first round of acceptances?

Edit: or rejections, if anybody has received one.
just a day or two later based on past posts. can you log into the admitted students page? if so, methinks you're in. if not, it's not necessarily determinative so don't lose hope!

crossing my fingers for a decision letter soon.

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:04 am

empire84 wrote:
chanel1285 wrote:status checker changed to "Decision letter sent" at NYU. Any ideas when the letter would arrive based on the first round of acceptances?

Edit: or rejections, if anybody has received one.
just a day or two later based on past posts. can you log into the admitted students page? if so, methinks you're in. if not, it's not necessarily determinative so don't lose hope!

crossing my fingers for a decision letter soon.
After it went to "decision letter sent" I got my acceptance package the next day. And btw, I wasn't able to log into the admitted students site so don't worry about that.

sawyerkid

New

Post by sawyerkid » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:05 am

is it worth it to write a LOCI to a school like NU if we're still waiting on a transfer decision? Does that help at all?

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:09 am

sawyerkid wrote:is it worth it to write a LOCI to a school like NU if we're still waiting on a transfer decision? Does that help at all?
You don't write a LOCI if you haven't gotten a decision yet

sawyerkid

New

Post by sawyerkid » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:20 am

kaiser wrote:
sawyerkid wrote:is it worth it to write a LOCI to a school like NU if we're still waiting on a transfer decision? Does that help at all?
ya, i was just wondering if you're in limbo on a transfer decision, is there any way to express your strong interest now (esp as you hear from other schools)? Or do you just have to wait, even tho you know your chances are slim to none at this point.

thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ms2010

Bronze

Post by ms2010 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:28 am

sawyerkid wrote:
kaiser wrote:
ya, i was just wondering if you're in limbo on a transfer decision, is there any way to express your strong interest now (esp as you hear from other schools)? Or do you just have to wait, even tho you know your chances are slim to none at this point.

thanks!
I'm holding out hope for any school that hasn't rejected yet!

johndoe90239

New

Post by johndoe90239 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:42 am

Weird, I just got accepted by NYU (binder and all) more than a week after I withdrew my app. I guess there's going to be at least one more seat out there for those of you hoping to move to the village.

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:43 am

johndoe90239 wrote:Weird, I just got accepted by NYU (binder and all) more than a week after I withdrew my app. I guess there's going to be at least one more seat out there for those of you hoping to move to the village.
Would have been cool to have you around. Can't fault you for your choice though :)

ms2010

Bronze

Post by ms2010 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:45 am

I feel like we're getting to the point where letters are completely contingent on whether someone who has been accepted withdraws.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Regionality

Silver

Post by Regionality » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:47 am

ms2010 wrote:I feel like we're getting to the point where letters are completely contingent on whether someone who has been accepted withdraws.
As I have said earlier, this is bad logic. These schools can predict matriculation rates and they expect a certain number to not take an offer. There needs to be an unpredictably LARGE number of non-matriculants for spots to open up. They don't accept 20 people for 20 spots.

ms2010

Bronze

Post by ms2010 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:53 am

Regionality wrote:
ms2010 wrote:I feel like we're getting to the point where letters are completely contingent on whether someone who has been accepted withdraws.
As I have said earlier, this is bad logic. These schools can predict matriculation rates and they expect a certain number to not take an offer. There needs to be an unpredictably LARGE number of non-matriculants for spots to open up. They don't accept 20 people for 20 spots.
Good point. I'm just going to try and remain EXTREMELY optimistic here and hope I don't have decisions because of my late transcripts!

jstn1104

Bronze

Post by jstn1104 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:56 am

johndoe90239 wrote:Weird, I just got accepted by NYU (binder and all) more than a week after I withdrew my app. I guess there's going to be at least one more seat out there for those of you hoping to move to the village.
I'm not surprised. I sent them an email last week saying I'd been accepted to another school (Columbia) and would have to withdraw from NYU unless they were able to notify me within a day or so (I probably still would have gone to Columbia but that's beside the point). They wrote back saying "We have added this information to your file, which is still under review." I'm still under review there. I guess they didn't read my email.

tww909

Bronze

Post by tww909 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:57 am

fidesverita wrote:
SSB wrote:
SLShopeful wrote:For those of you accepted to S, did your status page change at all?
Yeah, mine changed from under review to "decision letter sent" and "full time day"
Hm, when I got the call this morning PT/early afternoon ET, my status had not changed. It was still "under review".
i checked just now and mine says "decision letter sent" on the top, and where it used to say "under review" or "forwarded for review" or whatever now it says "full time day"

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Transfer987123

New

Post by Transfer987123 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:00 am

I don't know if this is good or bad, but I am from a school that gets grades out really late, and applied to two of HYS, and at both my status is "ready for review," (as of last week) and hasn't actually gone into review ever.

Maybe this is a good thing, maybe it means I've been rejected, or maybe it means that they haven't reviewed and rejected/accepted all applications yet

IthacaIsWet

New

Post by IthacaIsWet » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:01 am

^--- Edit: Hey simultaneous posting buddy

At Harvard, does it ever change from "Ready for Review" to "Under review" or something, or is it just ready for review ---> decision

Fishmouse

New

Post by Fishmouse » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:04 am

Transfer987123 wrote:I don't know if this is good or bad, but I am from a school that gets grades out really late, and applied to two of HYS, and at both my status is "ready for review," (as of last week) and hasn't actually gone into review ever.

Maybe this is a good thing, maybe it means I've been rejected, or maybe it means that they haven't reviewed and rejected/accepted all applications yet
I also got my Official final transcript to H pretty late (even though I went and remain ready for review on July 6 I think they actually got the official trans later). There is not "under review" it goes RFR to admit/reject. Anybody still waiting who sent final transcripts to H before like July 1ish

Please excuse the cellphone typos

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:19 am

Withdrew from NU. Hard because it was my top choice before applying last year, but I just found I was more excited about Mich. Goodbye splitter paradise and best of luck to everyone still waiting.

ETA: And NYU STILL hasn't received my undergrad transcript that was sent last Monday. Going to have to call again.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

darklighter13

New

Post by darklighter13 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:33 am

keg411 wrote:ETA: And NYU STILL hasn't received my undergrad transcript that was sent last Monday. Going to have to call again.
I think they have their own mailroom hell. I imagine it looks like those dollar bill game show glass boxes, where an admissions staff member steps in, they turn the fans on, and whatever he can grab in 30 seconds is what gets added to people's files.

No, it doesn't bug me that the transcript that was mailed to them two weeks ago apparently hasn't arrived yet. Not at all.

empire84

New

Post by empire84 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:35 am

Out of curiosity, what does your status checker say?

Link to status checker here:
http://www.law.nyu.edu/admissions/jdadm ... /index.htm

My under review status just changed from UR 7/14 to UR 7/17. I guess that's something.

jstn1104

Bronze

Post by jstn1104 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:38 am

darklighter13 wrote:
keg411 wrote:ETA: And NYU STILL hasn't received my undergrad transcript that was sent last Monday. Going to have to call again.
I think they have their own mailroom hell. I imagine it looks like those dollar bill game show glass boxes, where an admissions staff member steps in, they turn the fans on, and whatever he can grab in 30 seconds is what gets added to people's files.

No, it doesn't bug me that the transcript that was mailed to them two weeks ago apparently hasn't arrived yet. Not at all.
I talked to someone in the office named Remy who was very helpful. He let me send stuff directly to him and everything was updated that afternoon. Then again my issue was with the undergrad certification form, not the transcript.

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:41 am

STILL completion pending at Columbia. I send in all my supplementary materials (i.e. Dean's Cert forms, transcripts, etc.) in freaking MAY. Just finished it up with the application itself in very early July. All they need to do to "complete" the file is to just add the actual application to the stack of info they have had for months. I can't understand why it would take 2 and a half weeks to do that.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

arthurhk

New

Post by arthurhk » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:50 am

empire84 wrote:

My under review status just changed from UR 7/14 to UR 7/17. I guess that's something.
Still UR 7/14.

ms2010

Bronze

Post by ms2010 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:52 am

arthurhk wrote:
empire84 wrote:

Still UR 7/14.
Still UR 7/4....

mebeSajid

Bronze

Post by mebeSajid » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:18 am

kaiser wrote:STILL completion pending at Columbia. I send in all my supplementary materials (i.e. Dean's Cert forms, transcripts, etc.) in freaking MAY. Just finished it up with the application itself in very early July. All they need to do to "complete" the file is to just add the actual application to the stack of info they have had for months. I can't understand why it would take 2 and a half weeks to do that.
If it makes you feel any better, I had to have my UG resend Dean's cert, and it's being remailed TODAY. At this rate, I'll be complete for my transfer app for the class of 2013 some time in 2015.

Fishmouse

New

Post by Fishmouse » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:21 am

How many ppl still waiting on Harvard? Stats? Late submission of some documents?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”