T14 Transfer Status Change Thread Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
mebeSajid

Bronze

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Post by mebeSajid » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:29 pm

TransferRisk wrote:Anyone incomplete at CLS?
Yes. UG dropped the ball on sending Dean's cert.

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:33 pm

Columbia hasn't begun rejecting anyone yet, have they?

darklighter13

New

Post by darklighter13 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:06 pm

Finally UR at NYU... looks like they found my transcript.

TransferRisk

New

Post by TransferRisk » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:13 pm

mebeSajid wrote:
I had a similar problem. Suposed to have been resent, but no receipt confirm.

I'm worried for us.

mebeSajid

Bronze

Post by mebeSajid » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:41 pm

TransferRisk wrote:
mebeSajid wrote:

I'm worried for us.
Had the same problem at NYU - I just called them and they said they'd received it. Hopefully this means I go complete at CLS as well.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:46 pm

ms2010 wrote:
kaiser wrote:
ms2010 wrote:
kaiser wrote:Fingers crossed for the last round of Columbia acceptances today. Complete since Wednesday so it can't be much longer
Same. Although I put in my deposit at NYU.
Exact same situation. And that's why I wont be upset if Columbia dings me. With my deposit already down at NYU, im happy either way. I just want the final closure. And honestly, after visiting NYU last weekend and really loving the area and facilities, im not so sure I would up and switch to Columbia so easily, especially since I never intend on leaving the mid Atlantic, where NYU is essentially a peer to Ccolumbia
Have you gotten access to the Admitted Students site yet? I mailed in my deposit, but really want to get going on requesting housing and such.
Looks like I can get onto the Admitted Students site now

catecureuil

New

Post by catecureuil » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:56 pm

TransferRisk wrote:
mebeSajid wrote:

I'm worried for us.
I was in the same situation. Had my UG resend the certification and I just (like ten minutes ago) got a confirmation from CLS saying I was complete. So they do still seem to be doing *something* over there.

Nacirema

New

Post by Nacirema » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:03 pm

noxhil wrote:
notsopatient wrote:have there been rejections from Stanford yet or only acceptances?
If your status checker says decision letter sent and you haven't received a call we're fairly certain that's a rejection.

If it still says submitted for review that's probably a soft waitlist.
+1

xyz789

New

Post by xyz789 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:04 pm

Any NYU status checkers change to "decision letter sent" today?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sawyerkid

New

Post by sawyerkid » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:30 pm

xyz789 wrote:Any NYU status checkers change to "decision letter sent" today?

I'm still sitting at under review at NYU (since early July), and still 'completion pending' at CLS. The one document holding up my Columbia application? It's the dean's certification sheet from my masters degree program. I did my masters at Columbia. Thanks CU!

ms2010

Bronze

Post by ms2010 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:31 pm

kaiser wrote: Exact same situation. And that's why I wont be upset if Columbia dings me. With my deposit already down at NYU, im happy either way. I just want the final closure. And honestly, after visiting NYU last weekend and really loving the area and facilities, im not so sure I would up and switch to Columbia so easily, especially since I never intend on leaving the mid Atlantic, where NYU is essentially a peer to Ccolumbia
ms2010 wrote:Have you gotten access to the Admitted Students site yet? I mailed in my deposit, but really want to get going on requesting housing and such.
kaiser wrote:Looks like I can get onto the Admitted Students site now
Hmm... still can't get in. Guess it takes a bit.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:33 pm

I'm UR at NYU as of 7/21. Which is better than nothing, I suppose.
I've been complete or whatever at CLS for a little bit now.

Part of my contemplates withdrawing since I'm happy and set on Michigan, but I feel like I need to wait for the rejections for whatever reason :lol:.

ms2010

Bronze

Post by ms2010 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:34 pm

keg411 wrote:I'm UR at NYU as of 7/21. Which is better than nothing, I suppose.

Part of my contemplates withdrawing since I'm happy and set on Michigan, but I feel like I need to wait for the rejections for whatever reason :lol:.
And perhaps join us in New York!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:36 pm

keg411 wrote:I'm UR at NYU as of 7/21. Which is better than nothing, I suppose.

Same here. I considered withdrawing from Columbia since I'm not too confident in my chances anyway, but I'm a sucker for closure

engineered madness

Bronze

Post by engineered madness » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:39 pm

why do I have the familiar feeling that CLS is not going to free any of us from our torment today??

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:40 pm

engineered madness wrote:why do I have the familiar feeling that CLS is not going to free any of us from our torment today??
Because they enjoy watching us squirm...

engineered madness

Bronze

Post by engineered madness » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:50 pm

kaiser wrote:
engineered madness wrote:why do I have the familiar feeling that CLS is not going to free any of us from our torment today??
Because they enjoy watching us squirm...
I honestly believe these people (adcomms) are cognizant of the power they have over our mental health

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

xyz789

New

Post by xyz789 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:00 pm

Have the NYU decisions been happening in waves based on UR date?

engineered madness

Bronze

Post by engineered madness » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:05 pm

xyz789 wrote:Have the NYU decisions been happening in waves based on UR date?
I can't identify any apparent pattern. It seems like they have been made at random (or due to some algorithm we are not privy to)

ms2010

Bronze

Post by ms2010 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:20 pm

engineered madness wrote:
xyz789 wrote:Have the NYU decisions been happening in waves based on UR date?
I can't identify any apparent pattern. It seems like they have been made at random (or due to some algorithm we are not privy to)
+1 I know people who went UR the same day as me, but we received decisions, the same decision, a week apart.

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:29 pm

If no Columbia emails by 5 PM, then my guess is none are coming today.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ms2010

Bronze

Post by ms2010 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:34 pm

kaiser wrote:If no Columbia emails by 5 PM, then my guess is none are coming today.
The transfer timeline continues to amaze me. I heard from NYU last week and feel like I'm scrambling to suddenly find a new place to live and restart at a new school.

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:37 pm

ms2010 wrote:
kaiser wrote:If no Columbia emails by 5 PM, then my guess is none are coming today.
The transfer timeline continues to amaze me. I heard from NYU last week and feel like I'm scrambling to suddenly find a new place to live and restart at a new school.
I guess thats another reason I'm happy to have housing all set. The PATH to NY easily connects to the express subway line that runs directly to Columbia. So should I decide on Columbia (if I were to be accepted), it wouldn't have any effect on the arrangements I have already set up with regard to living by NYC. Guess I'm lucky to at least have that bridge crossed.

ms2010

Bronze

Post by ms2010 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:39 pm

kaiser wrote:
ms2010 wrote:
I guess thats another reason I'm happy to have housing all set. The PATH to NY easily connects to the express subway line that runs directly to Columbia. So should I decide on Columbia (if I were to be accepted), it wouldn't have any effect on the arrangements I have already set up with regard to living by NYC. Guess I'm lucky to at least have that bridge crossed.
Kaiser - have you received any information regarding financial aid or do we need to contact the office ourselves?

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:41 pm

ms2010 wrote:
kaiser wrote:
ms2010 wrote:
Kaiser - have you received any information regarding financial aid or do we need to contact the office ourselves?
I have no clue. All I did was contact the career services office as soon as I sent in my enrollment form (as the form requests that you do). They asked for my email address so that they could ensure that I participate in some webinar they will be having regarding EIW. Anything else is beyond me, and I don't like being kept in the dark.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”