T14 Transfer Status Change Thread Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
dobby

New

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Post by dobby » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:31 pm

mebeSajid wrote:
Regionality wrote:Called Stanford today. They said decisions "maybe" by the end of this week but "probably" next week.

Gimme a break...I understand they can do what they want this is crazy!
Especially since their app deadline was before everyone else.
sigh... it will suck if i'll have to pick up and move to palo alto in such a short time (while doing their writing competition and preparing for OCI). even sadder, i'm hoping i get the chance to do that.

ms2010

Bronze

Post by ms2010 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:37 pm

dobby wrote:
mebeSajid wrote:
Regionality wrote:Called Stanford today. They said decisions "maybe" by the end of this week but "probably" next week.

sigh... it will suck if i'll have to pick up and move to palo alto in such a short time (while doing their writing competition and preparing for OCI). even sadder, i'm hoping i get the chance to do that.
I think this is the most frustrating thing about all the schools that are not done giving decisions... I know for me, I don't want to a sign a new lease at my old school, yet my lease is up at the end of this month!

Chiglaw

New

Post by Chiglaw » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:47 pm

ms2010 wrote:
dobby wrote:
mebeSajid wrote:

I think this is the most frustrating thing about all the schools that are giving some decisions... I know for me, I don't want to a sign a new lease at my old school, yet my lease is up at the end of this month!
Same here. I'm hoping my landlord will let me extend for a month in case NU or UChi decide to let me know whether I'm in or out and can therefore stay where I am. Glad to still be in the running but it's getting soooort of late.

mebeSajid

Bronze

Post by mebeSajid » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:05 am

Apparently NYU, Columbia, and Harvard STILL don't have my undergraduate dean's cert. This is annoying as hell - went down to my alma mater again to try to get them to resend it. This is infuriating.

Fishmouse

New

Post by Fishmouse » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:59 am

mebeSajid wrote:Apparently NYU, Columbia, and Harvard STILL don't have my undergraduate dean's cert. This is annoying as hell - went down to my alma mater again to try to get them to resend it. This is infuriating.
How did u find out harvard ddnt have em?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:06 am

Two and a half weeks later...still "completion pending" at Columbia. Really starting to not care anymore. My deposit is down at NYU, I went to visit and loved it there, and since I will likely always be in the NYC-area, an NYU degree will carry me just as far. Not holding my breathe on Columbia, nor will an acceptance (or a rejection) rattle my world all that much. Its an afterthought at this point.

transfer33

New

Post by transfer33 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:10 am

Just made an account here - accepted via email at CLS yesterday afternoon (7/18), went complete last Thursday afternoon (7/14)

Transferthrowaway

Silver

Post by Transferthrowaway » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:13 am

transfer33 wrote:Just made an account here - accepted via email at CLS yesterday afternoon (7/18), went complete last Thursday afternoon (7/14)
What news have you of Yale? Stanford?

transfer33

New

Post by transfer33 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:23 am

Transferthrowaway wrote:
transfer33 wrote:Just made an account here - accepted via email at CLS yesterday afternoon (7/18), went complete last Thursday afternoon (7/14)
What news have you of Yale? Stanford?
No news, didn't apply

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sawyerkid

New

Post by sawyerkid » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:25 am

stats?

mebeSajid

Bronze

Post by mebeSajid » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:32 am

Fishmouse wrote:
mebeSajid wrote:Apparently NYU, Columbia, and Harvard STILL don't have my undergraduate dean's cert. This is annoying as hell - went down to my alma mater again to try to get them to resend it. This is infuriating.

Called Harvard like 12 times, and they finally picked up the phone for once. Columbia sent me an e-mail. NYU seems the most responsive so far - I've gotten an answer every time I've called them.

Fishmouse

New

Post by Fishmouse » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:38 am

mebeSajid wrote:
Fishmouse wrote:

Called Harvard like 12 times, and they finally picked up the phone for once. Columbia sent me an e-mail. NYU seems the most responsive so far - I've gotten an answer every time I've called them.
Did your status check say ready for review or incomplete?

mebeSajid

Bronze

Post by mebeSajid » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:43 am

Fishmouse wrote: Did your status check say ready for review or incomplete?
Incomplete. This is a PITA to get this done for what looks to be an almost certain rejection.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

engineered madness

Bronze

Post by engineered madness » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:01 am

the calm before the storm...good luck today everyone

Fishmouse

New

Post by Fishmouse » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:04 am

engineered madness wrote:the calm before the storm...good luck today everyone
What storm are u expecting today?

Transferthrowaway

Silver

Post by Transferthrowaway » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:06 am

Fishmouse wrote:
A storm of posts groaning about Y and S still not making decisions and CCNP taking forever to change statuses.

empire84

New

Post by empire84 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:38 am

does anybody know approximately how many transfer apps ccnp receive in a given year?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

scribelaw

Silver

Post by scribelaw » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:40 am

Transferthrowaway wrote:
Fishmouse wrote:
A storm of posts groaning about Y and S still not making decisions and CCNP taking forever to change statuses.
Y said latter half of this week -- so I'm guessing it'll be more like Thursday/Friday before anyone hears?

Transferthrowaway

Silver

Post by Transferthrowaway » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:49 am

scribelaw wrote:
Transferthrowaway wrote:
Fishmouse wrote:
Y said latter half of this week -- so I'm guessing it'll be more like Thursday/Friday before anyone hears?
I need to hear by tomorrow unfortunately :( I really want to call Y today again but I always get the same guy and I feel bad for adding to the harassment I'm sure he already receives enough of as it is.

notsopatient

New

Post by notsopatient » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:07 pm

Would anyone who has gotten in to NYU or CLS mind sharing or PMing when the bid deadlines are (to get a more accurate picture of the timing we are dealing with). GTown's is Wednesday evening. Thanks very much

ms2010

Bronze

Post by ms2010 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:09 pm

notsopatient wrote:Would anyone who has gotten in to NYU or CLS mind sharing or PMing when the bid deadlines are (to get a more accurate picture of the timing we are dealing with). GTown's is Wednesday evening. Thanks very much
If you don't hear by those deadlines, no OCI for you?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

notsopatient

New

Post by notsopatient » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:23 pm

ms2010 wrote:
notsopatient wrote:Would anyone who has gotten in to NYU or CLS mind sharing or PMing when the bid deadlines are (to get a more accurate picture of the timing we are dealing with). GTown's is Wednesday evening. Thanks very much
If you don't hear by those deadlines, no OCI for you?
I haven't confirmed that but I'm not sure these schools are holding up the entire lottery process for a transfer student? I mean these OCI/EIW's are basically a month away at this point for the most part...

plaintiff-appellee

New

Post by plaintiff-appellee » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:27 pm

Finally "Application Ready for Review" at Harvard on 7/19. Eagerly awaiting my rejection.

tfer2222

Bronze

Post by tfer2222 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:36 pm

Does anyone know if CLS or NYU are gonna be making any decisions soon? I've been UR forever now

Transferthrowaway

Silver

Post by Transferthrowaway » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:41 pm

tfer2222 wrote:Does anyone know if CLS or NYU are gonna be making any decisions soon? I've been UR forever now

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”