Help.

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
swimmer33

Help.

Postby swimmer33 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:37 pm

I want to make a lateral transfer from a school in the 50s to be back home where my family is. My grades from first semester were around top 1/3. This semester, my grades put my somewhere in between top third and top half. Going to schools in Illinois, what should I target? Is a move even possible?

rdcws000

Re: Help.

Postby rdcws000 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:57 am

swimmer33 wrote:I want to make a lateral transfer from a school in the 50s to be back home where my family is. My grades from first semester were around top 1/3. This semester, my grades put my somewhere in between top third and top half. Going to schools in Illinois, what should I target? Is a move even possible?

This equation is impossible to solve without the missing variable: [where is your home you are striving to get back to]. Answer this and you may get some feedback.

That is unless by "Going to school in Illinois" you meant "My family is in Illinois and that's where I want to go".

Wholigan

Postby Wholigan » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:13 pm

rdcws000 wrote:
swimmer33 wrote:I want to make a lateral transfer from a school in the 50s to be back home where my family is. My grades from first semester were around top 1/3. This semester, my grades put my somewhere in between top third and top half. Going to schools in Illinois, what should I target? Is a move even possible?

This equation is impossible to solve without the missing variable: [where is your home you are striving to get back to]. Answer this and you may get some feedback.

That is unless by "Going to school in Illinois" you meant "My family is in Illinois and that's where I want to go".

I think the latter is what OP meant. There are no schools in the 50's in Illinois. I would think OP would have to target Kent, Loyola and DePaul. All lateral/downward transfers, of which OP would probably get one or more with grades just outside top 1/3 for the year and a compelling reason to be in the area. Might as well try UIUC, but I'd think it's unlikely.

swimmer33

Postby swimmer33 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:04 pm

thank you. sorry, i should have made that more clear. so you think that sort of transfer, right outside top 1/3, will be sufficient? any schools known to be tougher/more lenient towards transfers in my shoes (loyola/kent/depaul)?

Return to “Transfers”