UVA Transfer

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
blbtr

UVA Transfer

Postby blbtr » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:12 pm

Applied to UVA around May 25th. Never got an email saying I went complete but recently received an email with application status login, which says that my app is under review as of 6/7. Does this seem weird or too early?

Anyone else experiencing same thing with UVA?

Gracias

uzpakalis

Re: UVA Transfer

Postby uzpakalis » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:18 pm

blbtr wrote:Applied to UVA around May 25th. Never got an email saying I went complete but recently received an email with application status login, which says that my app is under review as of 6/7. Does this seem weird or too early?

Anyone else experiencing same thing with UVA?

Gracias

I have the same email/status. In mine they spelled "review" wrong. Somewhat ironic.

mighttransfer

Postby mighttransfer » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:20 am

haha they spelled review incorrectly in mine as well. best of luck to you both.

Vronsky

Postby Vronsky » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:25 am

The first email I got from them around 6/7 said "Application received - In review" (but my file wasn't even complete)

but now that my app has actually be completed, it says "File Complete, Pending Review/Decision."

Oh, and everything has been spelled correctly. :)

mighttransfer

Postby mighttransfer » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:25 pm

Anybody's status say "Trans. App. - In Review"?

denimchickn

Postby denimchickn » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:04 am

I have "Trans. App. Received But Not Complete" even though I e-mailed today and they confirmed they had received all my materials. Weird...but I guess it'll probably change in the next few days...

mighttransfer

Postby mighttransfer » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:14 am

My status just updated from "Trans. App. - In Review" to "File Complete, Pending Review/Decision." Seems slightly odd because the heading on the former status indicated that my application had been submitted to the committee for review and decision.

mighttransfer

Postby mighttransfer » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:52 am

anybody had any status action? / does anyone know when we should expect a decision? I've heard that UVA is pretty quick in giving decisions.

denimchickn

Postby denimchickn » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:38 pm

I just went to "Trans. App. - In Review" with the heading described above. I'll be curious to see if I'll revert to the "Pending Review" status next...

blbtr

Postby blbtr » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:57 pm

My status changed to 6/20 and I was already complete as of 6/17. Don't know if it means anything.

mighttransfer

Postby mighttransfer » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:01 am

My status just updated from "File Complete, Pending Review/Decision" for the 17th to "File Complete, Pending Review/Decision" for today's date.

DeSimone

Postby DeSimone » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:27 pm

mighttransfer wrote:My status just updated from "File Complete, Pending Review/Decision" for the 17th to "File Complete, Pending Review/Decision" for today's date.

Same happened to me (with different dates). Pretty sure that just means not yet in review.

Any word for those who went UR last week? UVA is notoriously quick with decisions plus I can't imagine there being too many transfer applications.

mighttransfer

Postby mighttransfer » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:01 am

anyone had any status movement? mine is still just complete.

mighttransfer

Postby mighttransfer » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:13 pm

accepted via phone call today!!!

denimchickn

Postby denimchickn » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:30 pm

Oh wow. Congrats!

That makes me a bit nervous though hahaha. Are you a VA resident?

uzpakalis

Postby uzpakalis » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:31 pm

denimchickn wrote:Oh wow. Congrats!

I was wondering how much the VA resident really plays in. I read the interview with the Dean on here and he basically discounted it.

denimchickn

Postby denimchickn » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:33 pm

uzpakalis wrote:
denimchickn wrote:Oh wow. Congrats!

I was wondering how much the VA resident really plays in. I read the interview with the Dean on here and he basically discounted it.

Yeah I read that too. I've also heard that in past years nearly every transfer student has ended up being a VA resident so who knows...

Vronsky

Postby Vronsky » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:36 pm

mighttransfer wrote:accepted via phone call today!!!

class/rank?? VA??

mighttransfer

Postby mighttransfer » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:41 pm

thanks guys. i thought that i was extremely borderline because i just dipped out of the top 5% after second semester (i was top 3% after first semester and am now top 6%). yes, i am a va resident, i am va educated, and i currently attend (which is probably going to change very soon) a t2 law school that might be in va. best of luck to everyone else.

as an aside, i know 3 people who transferred to uva in the past few years, and all were va residents (not that that is a sufficient sample from which one can draw any conclusions)

denimchickn

Postby denimchickn » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:47 pm

mighttransfer wrote:thanks guys. i thought that i was extremely borderline because i just dipped out of the top 5% after second semester (i was top 3% after first semester and am now top 6%). yes, i am a va resident, i am va educated, and i currently attend (which is probably going to change very soon) a t2 law school that might be in va. best of luck to everyone else.

If you were borderline, then I have no chance whatsoever. Sorry to be obnoxious, but they didn't happen to say how big a class they're looking to take did they?

mighttransfer

Postby mighttransfer » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:49 pm

i just assumed that i was borderline because i thought that top 5% was necessary to transfer from t2 into the t-14, but it seems that top 6% was sufficient. not obnoxious at all--the individual with whom i spoke made no indication as to the size of the incoming transfer class. he just told me that i was in, and i freaked out (in a good way).

keg411

Postby keg411 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:02 pm

mighttransfer wrote:thanks guys. i thought that i was extremely borderline because i just dipped out of the top 5% after second semester (i was top 3% after first semester and am now top 6%). yes, i am a va resident, i am va educated, and i currently attend (which is probably going to change very soon) a t2 law school that might be in va. best of luck to everyone else.

as an aside, i know 3 people who transferred to uva in the past few years, and all were va residents (not that that is a sufficient sample from which one can draw any conclusions)

And the bolded is why I didn't apply to UVA :lol:.
Congrats on the acceptance.

mighttransfer

Postby mighttransfer » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:37 pm

keg411 wrote:

And the bolded is why I didn't apply to UVA :lol:.
Congrats on the acceptance.

haha thanks!

uzpakalis

Postby uzpakalis » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:59 am

rejected today via email

denimchickn

Postby denimchickn » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:53 am

Got an e-mail yesterday evening from Dean Trujillo telling me that they hadn't received my dean's certification and ranking statement. Considering the fact that my school told me they were both sent on June 3rd and UVA confirmed they had received all my materials when I e-mailed them before, this comes as SOMEWHAT of a surprise to say the least.

Of course, this also happens to be the week that the person in charge of Law School Records is on vacation and can't be reached. I'm pretty sure I'm screwed and I'm not quite sure what to do about it.

Return to “Transfers”