Unique circimstances Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
dragnfli

New

Unique circimstances

Post by dragnfli » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:41 am

Last edited by dragnfli on Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wholigan

Silver

Re: Unique circimstances

Post by Wholigan » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:42 am

Where are you looking to transfer? I have to imagine that it will be difficult to move up much with top 1/3, even with a compelling addendum. That would probably work for a lateral-ish transfer if you have a need to be in a different area, which you'd want to emphasize.

dragnfli

New

Post by dragnfli » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:49 am

Last edited by dragnfli on Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wholigan

Silver

Post by Wholigan » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:06 am

dragnfli wrote:I wanted to apply to Emory and the University of Georgia. Would those be difficult? I also have ties to the Chicago area so I'm considering throwing out an app to Illinois. I was waitlisted previously at Illinois.. so I thought that might be helpful?
I wouldn't count on any of them, but it might be worth a shot if you really want one of those schools. What is the reason for the transfer? It's debatable whether any of those would offer you better prospects than where you're at even if you get in. They might offer you access to a different market if that's what you're looking for. But not worth giving up a scholarship for, in my opinion

dragnfli

New

Post by dragnfli » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:22 am

Reason for transfer is to have access to the local job markets. Thanks for your help! I'll probably send out the apps without expecting much.. and hopefully will be pleasantly surprised!

Wholigan

Silver

Post by Wholigan » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:39 pm

Good luck! I'd really stress your desire to be in the school's target market and emphasize any ties that you may have - focus on that just as heavily as your reasons for your first semester performance.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”