To Transfer or Not to Transfer Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Transfer or don't?

Poll ended at Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:14 pm

Try to transfer to the T-6.
61%
Stay. The money is too good.
39%

Total votes: 18

dakatz

Gold

Re: To Transfer or Not to Transfer

Post by dakatz » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:17 pm

As a top 5% student, you are set based on what your goals are. You don't spend tens of thousands extra just to "keep options open" or any other indeterminate reason. Sure, if you had a concrete reason (i.e. I want to work for a V10 firm, or I want a prestigious clerkship), then a transfer up may be warranted. But where you are right now, you will likely have great opportunities with any firm in the secondary market you seek. So I don't see what the point would be.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:29 pm

Because you seem unhappy at Notre Dame & because you have done well during your first year of law school, you owe it to yourself to submit transfer applications to Stanford, Yale & Chicago, in my opinion. (As well as to the others in the Top 6).

thebookcollector

Bronze

Post by thebookcollector » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:33 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:Because you seem unhappy at Notre Dame & because you have done well during your first year of law school, you owe it to yourself to submit transfer applications to Stanford, Yale & Chicago, in my opinion. (As well as to the others in the Top 6).
Conservative school in a crappy city? Was it that obvious that it was ND? LOL.

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:34 pm

How unhappy are you? Because I don't see another reason why you should transfer.

sundance95

Gold

Post by sundance95 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:34 pm

theantiscalia wrote:
CanadianWolf wrote:Because you seem unhappy at Notre Dame & because you have done well during your first year of law school, you owe it to yourself to submit transfer applications to Stanford, Yale & Chicago, in my opinion. (As well as to the others in the Top 6).
Haha it really was. Think about how few T25s could be described as 'conservative'. Anyway, apply away, why not? You've already saved on the first 1/3 of your total COA if you succeed.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:39 pm

A factor to consider is the liklihood of getting published in the Notre Dame Law Review if you remain. With faculty support & a business oriented perspective, publishing an article or two in the Notre Dame Law Review might create some interesting opportunities. Even so, in light of your dissatisfaction with your environment, a degree from Yale, Stanford, Chicago, Harvard or Columbia should open up lots of additional doors. Apply & see what happens. Notre Dame might fight to keep you.

uzpakalis

Bronze

Post by uzpakalis » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:48 pm

theantiscalia wrote:
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE transfer out of ND so it will be easier for me to transfer in. I will gladly take your spot. Good luck to you at your new school.

Sincerely,

A T2 student

flcath

Silver

Post by flcath » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:48 pm

I don't see why a CCN transfer would be such a bad thing. I think that the benefits of leaving LR at ND in favor of CCN start to get a little, uh, abstract, but if you don't like it here...

You're the accountant, though. You know how debt works.

Frankly at top 5% you should've skipped the ND write-on and done it at a (write-on friendly) target school; top 15 kids at ND are pure grade-on.

XxSpyKEx

Gold

Post by XxSpyKEx » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:36 pm

I'd apply to HYS and that would be about it, if I were you.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”