Need Help deciding on transfer Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

What should I do???

Stay at UNC (30th) in top 5/10%, with Law Review but no $$$
20%
Transfer to NYU (I want to specialize in tax), complete LLM in tax in one semester after 3L
80%

Total votes: 10

blind bomber

New

Need Help deciding on transfer

Post by blind bomber » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:34 pm

Hey guys, I really need help with this question. Have not been accepted to NYU yet but assuming I do I am having trouble analyzing my options. Thanks for any input!

XM3045

New

Re: Need Help deciding on transfer

Post by XM3045 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:45 pm

If you want to do the JD/LLM in tax I'd also apply to GULC. They let you do the same combo and are very transfer friendly. For the majority of tax jobs now you need the LLM, so it makes sense to transfer so you can finish in 1 less semester. I'm in the JD/LLM program at GULC and it has opened a bunch of doors for DC tax work.

Best of luck

blind bomber

New

Re: Need Help deciding on transfer

Post by blind bomber » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:58 pm

Wow, thx XM, I did not realize GULC had the same truncated program, that was the reason I was looking at NYU, would rather b n D.C., I'll check it out.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”