Resume Question -- and a request to swap PS Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
stuckinparadise

New

Resume Question -- and a request to swap PS

Post by stuckinparadise » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:58 am

Hello all,

I have a resume question.

1). I acquired an internship for the fall semester of 2011. My career service advisor told me to put the internship on my resume, which I did. However, she doesn't know that I am transferring. So, because I am pretty certain that I will get into one of my target school, I will not be able to participate in the internship (of course, if I did not get in to my target schools I will be doing the internship). Is it ok to list the internship on my resume when I send my transfer apps out?

2). I have been invited to join my schools journal. Regarding a transfer app, what is the best way to incorporate the invitation on my resume?

3). Would anyone like to swap personal statements? If so, please pm me.

Thanks everyone.

Vronsky

Silver

Re: Resume Question -- and a request to swap PS

Post by Vronsky » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:09 am

1) Yes it's ok to list the internship. I suspect that the reason why you will do it if you stay is because the internship is in the same city as your current school? But obviously if you transfer to a new city, you wont be able to do it? That's fairly obvious to the person reading your resume at transfer school X in city Y.

What i did for my summer internship which i have not yet started is write the name, title, dates, etc. and then list my "Prospective duties will include...blah blah blah." From the date reference and the future tense, it should be clear.

2) for journal, I would list it under your law school awards section with a line that reads "Invited to join [Yale] Law Journal".

3) PM sent

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”