Santa Clara to ???

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
CindyLarson84

Santa Clara to ???

Postby CindyLarson84 » Thu May 26, 2011 5:58 pm

Last edited by CindyLarson84 on Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UCLAtransfer

Re: Santa Clara to ???

Postby UCLAtransfer » Thu May 26, 2011 8:34 pm

CindyLarson84 wrote:I'll be finishing up my 1L at santa clara in the top 5-10% of my class. Any guesses on the possibility of admission to Berkeley, UCLA, or USC?

Berkeley may be a little tough, since presumably at least a few people ranked above you will be applying to transfer as well.

UCLA you should have a really good shot, especially if you really target your PS, etc. I know of a couple people in my class who transferred from Santa Clara, and they were right around top 10% from what I gather/recall.

USC is much tougher to tell, as they typically have a REALLY small transfer class, and seem to make strange transfer decisions. (E.g., I know of someone who got into a number of T14 schools including Berkeley, and got rejected from USC.)

edit: typo

Return to “Transfers”