LSAT score and performance at current school?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
mimi82

LSAT score and performance at current school?

Postby mimi82 » Wed May 25, 2011 1:27 pm

First I'll say this...I'm a 0L. But before I get the arguing I'm NOT betting on transferring. I'm just curious. I'm perfectly happy with the school I was accepted into. I just assume that those who are transferring didn't get into their first pick school or they did exceptionally well so they decided to transfer. I'm wondering how much one's performance on the LSAT determines their performance in law school.

Would you mind saying 1) what your LSAT score was, 2) what school(s) you were accepted into with that LSAT, 3) what your gpa/class standing is at the school you enrolled in, and 4) what school you were accepted to as a transfer student.

If someone else posted something similar to this please let me know.

paulinaporizkova

Re: LSAT score and performance at current school?

Postby paulinaporizkova » Wed May 25, 2011 1:38 pm

bk1 wrote:http://www.lsac.org/LSACResources/Research/TR/tech-reports.asp#correlation

stop being all smart and shit bk

bouakedojo

Postby bouakedojo » Wed May 25, 2011 2:13 pm

Last edited by bouakedojo on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mimi82

Postby mimi82 » Wed May 25, 2011 4:21 pm

bouakedojo wrote:
mimi82 wrote:First I'll say this...I'm a 0L. But before I get the arguing I'm NOT betting on transferring. I'm just curious. I'm perfectly happy with the school I was accepted into. I just assume that those who are transferring didn't get into their first pick school or they did exceptionally well so they decided to transfer. I'm wondering how much one's performance on the LSAT determines their performance in law school.

Would you mind saying 1) what your LSAT score was, 2) what school(s) you were accepted into with that LSAT, 3) what your gpa/class standing is at the school you enrolled in, and 4) what school you were accepted to as a transfer student.

There are lots of discussions on this if you go digging, mimi.

That info doesn't include lsat scores. Everyone says what tier school they were in and where they transferred but I couldn't find anything with ppl posting lsat scores. Which makes sense because when lsat scores don't matter when transferring.

lawloser22

Postby lawloser22 » Wed May 25, 2011 4:54 pm

mimi82 wrote:
bouakedojo wrote:
mimi82 wrote:First I'll say this...I'm a 0L. But before I get the arguing I'm NOT betting on transferring. I'm just curious. I'm perfectly happy with the school I was accepted into. I just assume that those who are transferring didn't get into their first pick school or they did exceptionally well so they decided to transfer. I'm wondering how much one's performance on the LSAT determines their performance in law school.

There are lots of discussions on this if you go digging, mimi.

That info doesn't include lsat scores. Everyone says what tier school they were in and where they transferred but I couldn't find anything with ppl posting lsat scores. Which makes sense because when lsat scores don't matter when transferring.

I believe Arrow and MegaTTTron both reported having 159s -- Loyola-LA -> Boalt and W&L -> UChi. Hth.

solotee

Postby solotee » Wed May 25, 2011 4:56 pm

165 lsat, top 2% in a top 30 school after first semester. Not transferring.

Return to “Transfers”