Georgetown Transfer Class of 2013

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
lovelaw27
Posts: 218
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:35 am

Re: Georgetown Transfer Class of 2013

Postby lovelaw27 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:02 pm

Regionality wrote:Just got my username and password to the admitted students website!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Did your status checker change?

mrosmith
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:58 pm

Re: Georgetown Transfer Class of 2013

Postby mrosmith » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:54 pm

My status checker switched from both full and part time applicant to only full-time?

User avatar
DeSimone
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:49 pm

Re: Georgetown Transfer Class of 2013

Postby DeSimone » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:11 am

Has anyone done the transfer write-on?

mrosmith
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:58 pm

Re: Georgetown Transfer Class of 2013

Postby mrosmith » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:35 am

I am going to download it tomorrow night.

megamanx
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:51 pm

Re: Georgetown Transfer Class of 2013

Postby megamanx » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:38 am

I recently got the acceptance ya'll so I'll join the party (although I'm still on the fence to be honest).

Also, I started the write-on and its pretty awful. Just keep in mind you have seven days to do it, with the deadline being the 20th.

User avatar
DeSimone
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:49 pm

Re: Georgetown Transfer Class of 2013

Postby DeSimone » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:40 am

megamanx wrote:I recently got the acceptance ya'll so I'll join the party (although I'm still on the fence to be honest).

Also, I started the write-on and its pretty awful. Just keep in mind you have seven days to do it, with the deadline being the 20th.

Does it seem to be doable in less than 7 days or should I plan to use the entire week?

User avatar
DeSimone
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:49 pm

Re: Georgetown Transfer Class of 2013

Postby DeSimone » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:44 am

[edited]
Last edited by DeSimone on Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

megamanx
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:51 pm

Re: Georgetown Transfer Class of 2013

Postby megamanx » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:52 am

DeSimone wrote:
megamanx wrote:I recently got the acceptance ya'll so I'll join the party (although I'm still on the fence to be honest).

Also, I started the write-on and its pretty awful. Just keep in mind you have seven days to do it, with the deadline being the 20th.

Does it seem to be doable in less than 7 days or should I plan to use the entire week?


The writing aspect is pretty brief (max 7 pages) but the amount of content and the organizational issues are taking me quite a bit of time. I think it's doable, but with a boat-load of stress and little sleep. But I should also note I'm working full-time right now so it might be different if you have a lot more free time.

User avatar
DeSimone
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:49 pm

Re: Georgetown Transfer Class of 2013

Postby DeSimone » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:04 am

megamanx wrote:
DeSimone wrote:
megamanx wrote:I recently got the acceptance ya'll so I'll join the party (although I'm still on the fence to be honest).

Also, I started the write-on and its pretty awful. Just keep in mind you have seven days to do it, with the deadline being the 20th.

Does it seem to be doable in less than 7 days or should I plan to use the entire week?


(max 7 pages)

That includes the footnotes, right?

megamanx
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:51 pm

Re: Georgetown Transfer Class of 2013

Postby megamanx » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:12 am

DeSimone wrote:
megamanx wrote:
DeSimone wrote:
megamanx wrote:I recently got the acceptance ya'll so I'll join the party (although I'm still on the fence to be honest).

Also, I started the write-on and its pretty awful. Just keep in mind you have seven days to do it, with the deadline being the 20th.

Does it seem to be doable in less than 7 days or should I plan to use the entire week?


(max 7 pages)

That includes the footnotes, right?


Endnotes are separate. So really, the writing is extremely brief if you know what to write about.

User avatar
DeSimone
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:49 pm

Re: Georgetown Transfer Class of 2013

Postby DeSimone » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:17 am

[edited]
Last edited by DeSimone on Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: Georgetown Transfer Class of 2013

Postby keg411 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:24 am

Going to start the writing comp this coming Sunday (too much EIW/OCI stuff to start this week/the past weekend since I'm meeting with OCS on Friday). Sounds absolutely miserable, but at least we did a case comment for my school's write on, and I have a way better idea of what I did wrong/what I need to do for future write on's to make my submission "not terrible" :lol:.

Though I have to admit, I'm holding out hope I'll hear from my other schools before starting this thing.

sarryn
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:40 am

Re: Georgetown Transfer Class of 2013

Postby sarryn » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:09 am

DeSimone wrote:
megamanx wrote:I recently got the acceptance ya'll so I'll join the party (although I'm still on the fence to be honest).

Also, I started the write-on and its pretty awful. Just keep in mind you have seven days to do it, with the deadline being the 20th.

Does it seem to be doable in less than 7 days or should I plan to use the entire week?


Very doable. I was worried about it, but I finished literally about 3-4 days early.

Anyone started apartment hunting or find a place to live yet?

mrosmith
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:58 pm

Re: Georgetown Transfer Class of 2013

Postby mrosmith » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:15 am

I've literally sent out 90 emails responding to ads on craigslist. Right now I'm just looking for a room in a group house or something. I'm really not trying to break the bank on housing.

megamanx
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:51 pm

Re: Georgetown Transfer Class of 2013

Postby megamanx » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:41 am

mrosmith wrote:I've literally sent out 90 emails responding to ads on craigslist. Right now I'm just looking for a room in a group house or something. I'm really not trying to break the bank on housing.


Good luck finding a place, after living in the DC metro for over a year I can say its all too damn expensive. However, a lot of folks share housing near Eastern Market/Capital Hill so you may try that neighborhood.

I'm curious, what makes ya'll want to go to to GULC? Aside from the better prospects for biglaw in the summer I'm really interested in their clinical program.

User avatar
DeSimone
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:49 pm

Re: Georgetown Transfer Class of 2013

Postby DeSimone » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:42 am

Is it typical for students to live in MD/VA? As one of the options, I'm considering living just outside DC, but right next to a Metro station. Would I save enough money to justify the commute?

megamanx
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:51 pm

Re: Georgetown Transfer Class of 2013

Postby megamanx » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:54 am

DeSimone wrote:Is it typical for students to live in MD/VA? As one of the options, I'm considering living just outside DC, but right next to a Metro station. Would I save enough money to justify the commute?


Not a shot in hell if you live in Northern Virginia. One bedroom apts cost between 1600 and 2000 a month from Rosslyn to Ballston (which is about as far as you would want to go). I can't speak for Maryland though.

I live off the Ballston stop now and I think it will take me about 30-40 minutes a day to get to campus. It would probably cost about 5 dollars a day living outside of the district. But then again, it will probably cost that much anyway if you ride during peak hours in the morning and afternoon.

mrosmith
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:58 pm

Re: Georgetown Transfer Class of 2013

Postby mrosmith » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:32 am

I've been told anything on the Redline is good for georgetown from Silver Spring to Friendship Heights. I've also been considering living in a 1 bedroom with another guy that is going from my current school to GW and just living in the living room with a partition or something. I don't plan on being home alot anyway.

louisiana
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:25 pm

Re: Georgetown Transfer Class of 2013

Postby louisiana » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:38 am

Anyone bringing a parent or significant other to the Transfer Students Orientation Day on Aug. 22nd . . .

. . . or am I the only one?

atunnell
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:50 pm

Re: Georgetown Transfer Class of 2013

Postby atunnell » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:32 pm

Just got my acceptance letter from GULC. I haven't heard anything about OCI deadlines or anything. Does anybody have information on OCI?

Thanks.

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: Georgetown Transfer Class of 2013

Postby keg411 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:20 pm

atunnell wrote:Just got my acceptance letter from GULC. I haven't heard anything about OCI deadlines or anything. Does anybody have information on OCI?

Thanks.


Deadline is 8/20 for OCI. Also, tomorrow is the last day to start the writing competition. Go to the admitted students site and get a NETID and e-mail, and then you can get into both Simplicity (for OCI stuff) and the writing competition site.

User avatar
DeSimone
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:49 pm

Re: Georgetown Transfer Class of 2013

Postby DeSimone » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:53 pm

keg411 wrote:
atunnell wrote:Just got my acceptance letter from GULC. I haven't heard anything about OCI deadlines or anything. Does anybody have information on OCI?

Thanks.


Deadline is 8/20 for OCI. Also, tomorrow is the last day to start the writing competition. Go to the admitted students site and get a NETID and e-mail, and then you can get into both Simplicity (for OCI stuff) and the writing competition site.

Deadline is 7/20.

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: Georgetown Transfer Class of 2013

Postby keg411 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:15 pm

DeSimone wrote:
keg411 wrote:
atunnell wrote:Just got my acceptance letter from GULC. I haven't heard anything about OCI deadlines or anything. Does anybody have information on OCI?

Thanks.


Deadline is 8/20 for OCI. Also, tomorrow is the last day to start the writing competition. Go to the admitted students site and get a NETID and e-mail, and then you can get into both Simplicity (for OCI stuff) and the writing competition site.

Deadline is 7/20.


This is why TLS'ing from your phone isn't the greatest idea :lol:.

sarryn
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:40 am

Re: Georgetown Transfer Class of 2013

Postby sarryn » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:43 pm

Anyone not do the transfer write-on competition?

louisiana wrote:Anyone bringing a parent or significant other to the Transfer Students Orientation Day on Aug. 22nd . . .

. . . or am I the only one?


I might. My mom might insist on going. I'll probably call GULC and ask whether it's okay or not. I can't imagine it being weird or not okay.

mlschafer
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:39 am

Re: Georgetown Transfer Class of 2013

Postby mlschafer » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:47 am

Hey,

Does anyone still need a roommate? I'm looking for one. Email me at mschaf7@lsu.edu.




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.