Boalt Transfer Thread for Fall 2011 Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
jstn1104

Bronze

Re: Boalt Transfer Thread for Fall 2011

Post by jstn1104 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:41 pm

missinglink wrote:As in today, Tuesday?

That would certainly make getting back to UCLA before their deadline easier.
Sorry, next Tuesday.

missinglink

Silver

Post by missinglink » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:49 pm

That makes sense.

Since that was the first deadline for the first round of admits, they'll know by then whether they need to extend more offers of admission.

jstn1104

Bronze

Post by jstn1104 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:53 pm

missinglink wrote:That makes sense.

Since that was the first deadline for the first round of admits, they'll know by then whether they need to extend more offers of admission.
Yeah, if I end up getting in, then it'll be worth the wait so I hopefully won't have to commit before hearing back from the other schools I applied to. I'm still feeling discouraged though.

amarie

New

Post by amarie » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:58 am

In at Boalt! Who needs/wants a roomate? I'm 23/f....message me if you are interested!

Regionality

Silver

Post by Regionality » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:47 am

amarie wrote:In at Boalt! Who needs/wants a roomate? I'm 23/f....message me if you are interested!
Congrats!!!!!!!!! You for sure going??

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

smiley

Bronze

Post by smiley » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:55 am

dear boalt, i don't understand. i have good grades at a good school. i'm a nice person. why don't you like me?

-smiley

missinglink

Silver

Post by missinglink » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:03 am

amarie wrote:In at Boalt! Who needs/wants a roomate? I'm 23/f....message me if you are interested!
Congrats!

When did you find out? Stats if you don't mind sharing? :)

harborleaguemvp

New

Post by harborleaguemvp » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:29 am

I would start looking for housing now, the Berkeley housing market is awful

amarie

New

Post by amarie » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:49 pm

missinglink wrote:
Congrats!

Thanks for the kudos! T3 (CA) top 3%, 4 Witkins, softs- a TON of research experience and WA residency

Good luck to the rest of you who are still waiting!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

amarie

New

Post by amarie » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:50 pm

amarie wrote:
missinglink wrote:
Congrats!

Thanks for the kudos! T3 (CA) top 3%, 4 Witkins, softs- a TON of research experience and WA residency

Good luck to the rest of you who are still waiting!!!
Ah, and I found out last night after I emailed Dean Tom my rank

calgirl

New

Post by calgirl » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:09 am

Hey !

I am new to TLS.com forum, but wanted to jump on in to this thread since I am transferring to Boalt.

I got into Berkeley and UCLA law on 6/17. I came from Tulane Law with a 3.92, rank 4/248.

I just turned down UCLA today, and am more than excited about attending cal next year. :) :D

Now all I need is a room! Please contact me if you have any leads or want to buddy up to find a place!

calgirl

New

Post by calgirl » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:12 am

I am an incoming transfer who is also in need of a roommate! Let me know if you have any leads on places. Maybe we can buddy up!

smiley

Bronze

Post by smiley » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:22 pm

well guys, i'm out. sent a letter of continuing interest to boalt and spelled san francisco wrong. so that's that.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

wallberlin

New

Post by wallberlin » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:32 pm

Oh the SILENCE! The unbearable silence! It's torture I tell you, TORTURE!!!!

Tiresias

New

Post by Tiresias » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:38 pm

wallberlin wrote:Oh the SILENCE! The unbearable silence! It's torture I tell you, TORTURE!!!!
:lol: Thanks for the laugh! We are all thinking it.

Regionality

Silver

Post by Regionality » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:45 pm

smiley wrote:well guys, i'm out. sent a letter of continuing interest to boalt and spelled san francisco wrong. so that's that.
You never know-- they probably didn't read it that closely...

OR you could take a different route and talk about destiny and how these things can happen to people and one would never know if it's the reason you didn't get in, etc etc.

ALSO, odds are the AdComs are reading this thread so now they will 1) be on the lookout for a typo 2) know who "smiley" is 3) not judge the misspelling as harshly since clearly you know how to spell it on TLS, just not in official correspondence with Boalt :-P

copyleft

New

Post by copyleft » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:48 am

Regionality wrote:Just got accepted via email from the dean of admissions! Went under review 6/17. He responded to an email I sent him expressing a compelling need to know ASAP. He said the official notice will be coming out w/in 48 hours...so I expect that means a batch will be coming soon.

OVER THE MOON!

Did you get the official letter today? Anyone get anything today? I am guessing everyone is waiting till next tuesday before inquiring regarding their app.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Regionality

Silver

Post by Regionality » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:54 am

copyleft wrote:
Regionality wrote:Just got accepted via email from the dean of admissions! Went under review 6/17. He responded to an email I sent him expressing a compelling need to know ASAP. He said the official notice will be coming out w/in 48 hours...so I expect that means a batch will be coming soon.

OVER THE MOON!

Did you get the official letter today? Anyone get anything today? I am guessing everyone is waiting till next tuesday before inquiring regarding their app.
I got the official email. We have to commit by the 5th and once we do we can start the transfer process!

smiley

Bronze

Post by smiley » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:01 am

Regionality wrote:
smiley wrote:well guys, i'm out. sent a letter of continuing interest to boalt and spelled san francisco wrong. so that's that.
You never know-- they probably didn't read it that closely...

OR you could take a different route and talk about destiny and how these things can happen to people and one would never know if it's the reason you didn't get in, etc etc.

ALSO, odds are the AdComs are reading this thread so now they will 1) be on the lookout for a typo 2) know who "smiley" is 3) not judge the misspelling as harshly since clearly you know how to spell it on TLS, just not in official correspondence with Boalt :-P

awww, thanks :) that took a lot of effort to find a way to make it not so bad, and i appreciate it!

CindyLarson84

New

Post by CindyLarson84 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:47 pm

Does anyone know if Berk has sent out any rejections?

random5483

Silver

Post by random5483 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:50 pm

CindyLarson84 wrote:Does anyone know if Berk has sent out any rejections?

Not that I know of.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

SniperBarbie

New

Post by SniperBarbie » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:23 am

Was anyone accepted last week that has yet to receive and email/packet/anything beyond the phone call? I have nothing that gives me a deadline for acceptance, though I assume it's the 5th like the rest of you. What is required on Tuesday (aka deposit, form, etc.)?

Regionality

Silver

Post by Regionality » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:24 pm

SniperBarbie wrote:Was anyone accepted last week that has yet to receive and email/packet/anything beyond the phone call? I have nothing that gives me a deadline for acceptance, though I assume it's the 5th like the rest of you. What is required on Tuesday (aka deposit, form, etc.)?
My official, written snail mail letter says the commitment date is the 8th. My email said the 5th.

Regionality

Silver

Post by Regionality » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:20 pm

Just sent in my intention to enroll email!

Nacirema

New

Post by Nacirema » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:01 pm

I wondering how many did not accept the July 5th deadline...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”