--

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Etudilos

--

Postby Etudilos » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:29 pm

--
Last edited by Etudilos on Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lawl Shcool

Re: California Transfer

Postby Lawl Shcool » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:33 pm

top 5% for berkeley, maybe top 1% for sls. don't plan on transferring.

Lawquacious

Postby Lawquacious » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:35 pm

Lawl Shcool wrote:don't plan on transferring.

+1

Also, see my response in the other thread you started.

Etudilos

Postby Etudilos » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:49 pm

Thanks for the insights guys. I read through the transferring guide and it was indeed very helpful, but I admittedly, selfishly wanted insight tailored to my particular situation.

I realize the jerkishness behind being a pre-1l talking about transferring, and like I said I'd really be happy with either school. Chances are I won't transfer or consider it, but as it's something that's not a major stretch for me to consider I at least wanted to have some gauge as to where I need to be should I really be compelled to make the decision to transfer. I'm not relying on it or even planning for it, but just arming myself with information as I go into my first year, should the desire eventually arise.

What sort of rank might I need for somewhere like UCLA or USC in people's opinions? As I'm fond of the socal region these two schools would probably be more tempting, so I'm curious to hear.

Thanks again, always useful responses.

Lawl Shcool

Postby Lawl Shcool » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:53 pm

I would still say top 5% for USC/UCLA. Between Hastings and Davis there are lots of people in the top 5% who will be looking to make moves.

patrickd139

Postby patrickd139 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:30 pm

OP: This thread will tell you all you need to know.

Return to “Transfers”