Supplementing transfer application with summer employment

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
User avatar
bceagles182
Posts: 615
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:53 pm

Supplementing transfer application with summer employment

Postby bceagles182 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:26 pm

I just accepted an offer to work at the DOJ in DC this summer. I'd like to supplement my (Early Action) GULC transfer app with this information since it is a very solid position, and it shows that I am relocating to the DC area (and thereby confirms my interest GULC). How should I go about doing this?

zomginternets
Posts: 547
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: Supplementing transfer application with summer employment

Postby zomginternets » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:47 pm

Write them a brief, one paragraph letter saying you would like to update your resume/application. Include division and brief statement of responsibilities (if known).

UCLAtransfer
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: Supplementing transfer application with summer employment

Postby UCLAtransfer » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:35 pm

zomginternets wrote:Write them a brief, one paragraph letter saying you would like to update your resume/application. Include division and brief statement of responsibilities (if known).


Agreed. Also, see if you can tie in a sentence or two about how this compliments/fits in with you specific interest/desire in transferring to Gtown. Definitely don't make the letter too long, though, or I think you risk it not being read.

User avatar
Lawl Shcool
Posts: 763
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: Supplementing transfer application with summer employment

Postby Lawl Shcool » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:47 pm

UCLAtransfer wrote:
zomginternets wrote:Write them a brief, one paragraph letter saying you would like to update your resume/application. Include division and brief statement of responsibilities (if known).


Agreed. Also, see if you can tie in a sentence or two about how this compliments/fits in with you specific interest/desire in transferring to Gtown. Definitely don't make the letter too long, though, or I think you risk it not being read.


100% do it

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: Supplementing transfer application with summer employment

Postby vanwinkle » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:50 pm

Lawl Shcool wrote:
UCLAtransfer wrote:
zomginternets wrote:Write them a brief, one paragraph letter saying you would like to update your resume/application. Include division and brief statement of responsibilities (if known).


Agreed. Also, see if you can tie in a sentence or two about how this compliments/fits in with you specific interest/desire in transferring to Gtown. Definitely don't make the letter too long, though, or I think you risk it not being read.


100% do it

Don't forget to actually attach an updated resume as a doc file. Otherwise, +1.

User avatar
bceagles182
Posts: 615
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:53 pm

Re: Supplementing transfer application with summer employment

Postby bceagles182 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:38 pm

Great. Thanks all.




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.