Spring 2011 Transcript Requested for Falll 2011 Admission

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
SpencerPratt

Spring 2011 Transcript Requested for Falll 2011 Admission

Postby SpencerPratt » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:20 am

How exactly does this work? Say a school's deadline is June 15th for Fall admission and the Spring semester ends early May. Grades usually take a while to come out and then CAS requires two weeks for processing transcripts. Should I send my fall transcript to CAS now and get my app in ASAP or wait until after exams and request one sent to CAS immediately? Thanks!

zomginternets

Re: Spring 2011 Transcript Requested for Falll 2011 Admission

Postby zomginternets » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:53 pm

Send directly to transfer school as soon as your last grade comes in (don't wait for rank calculation). I think schools that have a June 15 deadline usually just want your application by then--i think they will wait until beginning of July or so for the transcript.

SpencerPratt

Postby SpencerPratt » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:39 pm

Thanks for the response! If schools want both semesters, do we not bother sending in 1st semester right now? Thanks.

zomginternets

Postby zomginternets » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:49 pm

Depends who you ask. There are some that swear by sending your app in early for transferring, including your 1st semester grades. Since transferring is so grade-dependent, the only explanation is that you get a boost from the adcomm looking at your 1st semester grades before the 2nd semester grades. I don't think it could hurt.

But no, you are not required to send in your fall grades before your spring grades come out.

transplantedbuckeye

Postby transplantedbuckeye » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:14 am

I only sent transcripts after I got spring grades (early/middle June). In fact, I don't think I even sent an application before then because it would be a total waste of time had I bombed the second semester. From other people I know, it seems most schools are very accommodating about things that have to come from your current school. The schools know that not every is on the same schedule for grades, that transfers sometimes aren't given priority for transcripts and dean's letters, etc.

Return to “Transfers”