40s-50s to Vandy/WUSTL/Texas et al.

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Mustangs13

40s-50s to Vandy/WUSTL/Texas et al.

Postby Mustangs13 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:18 pm

I'm at a strong regional school in the 40s-50s and have a 3.65 (which hopefully will put me in the top 20-25% of the class, maybe a bit higher). I have good softs and a pretty interesting personal story, as well as a pretty strong reason to move to Vandy and WUSTL (I'm pregnant and my husband's family is in one town, mine the other). What do you think my chances are at the following schools?

1.) Vandy
2.) WUSTL
3.) Texas
4.) Emory
5.) Chicago
6.) Georgetown

Thanks for the helps guys!!!

lawloser22

Re: 40s-50s to Vandy/WUSTL/Texas et al.

Postby lawloser22 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:34 pm

Mustangs13 wrote:I'm at a strong regional school in the 40s-50s and have a 3.65 (which hopefully will put me in the top 20-25% of the class, maybe a bit higher). I have good softs and a pretty interesting personal story, as well as a pretty strong reason to move to Vandy and WUSTL (I'm pregnant and my husband's family is in one town, mine the other). What do you think my chances are at the following schools?

1.) Vandy
2.) WUSTL
3.) Texas
4.) Emory
5.) Chicago
6.) Georgetown

Thanks for the helps guys!!!

If you're top 20-25% you have a great shot at WUSTL. Apply early action. It's not binding and you'll find out in early April and then you'll be able to prepare for the move a lot sooner. You must submit your application within the next 3 weeks.

WUSTL and Emory are obviously your best bets. Not much is known about Vandy's transfer program, but with a strong reason like that you should have a good shot.

http://law.wustl.edu/admissions/pages.aspx?id=86

Mustangs13

Postby Mustangs13 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:19 pm

Anybody have any opinions on my chances at Vandy? It'd probably be our first choice...

thexfactor

Postby thexfactor » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:20 pm

almost no chance at vandy. Need top 10% or so with extras......
You will get into emory/wustl with no problems....
no chance at anything higher than wustl...

getpolitical

Postby getpolitical » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:58 pm

Being a girl also helps at WUSTL in a big way - their last transfer class had two women in it.

kaspar

Postby kaspar » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:30 pm

Emory's 1L class this year is very large (20% increase) due to an unexpectedly high number of scholarship applicants (>median LSAT) matriculating. I suspect Emory will be taking VERY FEW transfers this year.

Signed,
Emory 2L

Return to “Transfers”