T-10 to HYS Top 20% Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Chances of acceptance to HYS

Very good chance at acceptance (80%+)
3%
50/50 Chance
59%
Poor Chance (<25%)
38%

Total votes: 34

Snape

Bronze

T-10 to HYS Top 20%

Post by Snape » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:20 am

Need a little help regarding perceived chances/odds.

Im in the top 20%, maybe 15 at one of MVPND. I want to go into legal academia but couldnt get into HYS as a first year. What do you think my odds are at transfering to HYS and any advice on makind this happen? Anyone had success with this in the past?

Thanks!

patrickd139

Gold

Re: T-10 to HYS Top 20%

Post by patrickd139 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:10 pm

Just curious, but what makes you think you want academia?

(I voted 50/50 in the poll, fwiw.)

Snape

Bronze

Post by Snape » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:24 am

Was a teacher for a few years before law school--love teaching and scholarship. Always wanted to teach / research/ study constitutional history.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:01 pm

Snape wrote:Was a teacher for a few years before law school--love teaching and scholarship. Always wanted to teach / research/ study constitutional history.
Multiple years WE? Check. Demonstrated interest in academia? Check. Top grades?

It's hard to say if your grades are good enough to really warrant consideration. If they are, I think H in particular would love you (they seem to care about both things I mentioned above when looking at transfers). If I were you I'd consider it worth the effort and app fee.

But if I were you I'd also do everything I could to boost that GPA. Any increase will help your odds, and getting into the top 10% range puts you in a substantially better position.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”