transfer question Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
bceagles182

Silver

transfer question

Post by bceagles182 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:48 pm

This may be a stupid question, but when applying to transfer, do I need to have my current law school send my transcript (or anything else) to LSAC so that LSAC can update my CAS report? Or do law schools merely require that I send the same CAS report from LSAC that I submitted with my original applications and that my current school send my law school transcript to them directly?

maf70

Bronze

Re: transfer question

Post by maf70 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:52 pm

most law schools will say on their transfer admissions page whether they want you to send it directly or to include it or to send it to lsac.

bceagles182

Silver

Post by bceagles182 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:14 pm

I understand that they want the CAS form directly from LSAC, but do I need to have my current law school send my law school transcript to LSAC to update the CAS form or do they just want the same CAS form that I submitted with my original applications? I am registered with LSAC and it still has all of the information on it from when I first applied. So do I need to update the information? Basically, are they only asking for a CAS report with my undergraduate work plus a law school transcript or are they asking for a CAS report with both?

I'm talking specifically about Georgetown:

Transfer applicants must submit all of the following materials:

Current law school transcript (through Summer term for Spring entry or through Spring term for Fall entry)..

CAS report (see below).
All applicants must register with CAS. Georgetown Law will not accept copies of CAS reports from the applicant's current law school. Once an applicant registers with CAS and submits an application the Admissions Office will automatically request a copy of the applicant's CAS report.

Applicants may send their letter(s) of recommendation and transcripts either through CAS or directly to the Georgetown Law Admissions Office.

maf70

Bronze

Post by maf70 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:27 pm

are you dense?

"Applicants may send their letter(s) of recommendation and transcripts either through CAS or directly to the Georgetown Law Admissions Office."

You can either update CAS with your law school transcript or you can send it directly to GULC. Just send it to GULC, it'll be much faster than the week it takes LSAC to upload it to your CAS.

zomginternets

Silver

Post by zomginternets » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:08 pm

maf70 wrote:are you dense?Just send it to GULC, it'll be much faster than the week it takes LSAC to upload it to your CAS.
+1

j7108

New

Post by j7108 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:38 pm

maf70 wrote:"Applicants may send their letter(s) of recommendation and transcripts either through CAS or directly to the Georgetown Law Admissions Office."

You can either update CAS with your law school transcript or you can send it directly to GULC. Just send it to GULC, it'll be much faster than the week it takes LSAC to upload it to your CAS.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”