Transfer Timeline Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
checkit123

New

Transfer Timeline

Post by checkit123 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:55 pm

I am currently going through the annoying process of transferring and need some help.

First, thank you TLS for posting the link regarding odds and how-to's for transferring- it was a lifesaver.

Next, when should I submit me Letter of Good Standing to my target schools? Should I submit it with the rest of my application in April/ May and then send my transcript as soon as spring grades post? Or should I send my Letter of Good Standing along with my spring transcript?

Lastly, I would like to know what all of you think my odds are and if I should go. Here is the scenario:

- Currently at T4 in CA; on a side note, I really like the school but it is not the ideal spot if you want to pursue a career in corporate law.

- Fall semester finished 4/ 308 (3.9)

- Soft factors: MS gpa 3.8, UG gpa horrible (2.6), lsat on par 157, 2 Law Prof LOR's, 6 years in IBanking prior to law school.

- Applied to GULC (ED) and plan on applying to Boalt, Hastings, UCLA, and Columbia.

Thoughts?
Last edited by checkit123 on Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nleefer

New

Re: Transfer Timeline

Post by nleefer » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:16 pm

You should stop thinking about it until after exams. All you should be doing now is studying and thinking about LoRs. As soon as your last exam ends you should put together your applications. I sent letters if good standing right after I submitted my aps, then forwarded my transcripts as soon as they were available.

As far a chances I'd say you have at least an outside shot at all of those schools. GULC, Boalt, and Columbia all take big transfer classes. That said being in the top 1% would be better. The T4 transfers I know generally were. I don't have much information about transferring to UCLA or Hastings, but I suspect it would be a little easier.

My opinion is you should go to any of those schools over GGU.

Lawl Shcool

Silver

Post by Lawl Shcool » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:06 pm

Apply to Boalt the first day the app becomes available. Seriously, the first day.

zomginternets

Silver

Post by zomginternets » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:46 am

Lawl Shcool wrote:Apply to Boalt the first day the app becomes available. Seriously, the first day.
Should we send in 1st semester grades and then supplement later with 2nd semester grades when they become available? I'm guessing so, otherwise it would be kinda pointless to apply as soon as the app is available.. Is that a general rule for all transfer applications?

Lawl Shcool

Silver

Post by Lawl Shcool » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:18 am

Ya as soon as the 2nd semester grades come in send them to them in an email. They will make decisions based off of just that. Then follow up with official when you can.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”