TTT Part-Time Transfer

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
j7108

TTT Part-Time Transfer

Postby j7108 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:37 am

Moved question to Should We Transfer? (Non-T14 1Ls Who Owned Exams) thread so as not to add to the clutter.
Last edited by j7108 on Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maf70

Re: TTT Part-Time Transfer

Postby maf70 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:45 am

Part-time? :roll:

First off, combined doesn't mean anything because you're not taking the same course load as those who are full time. There's probably a reason your school doesn't rank you against full time.

Second, 3.67 GPA seems pretty low. What is your school's curve?

Thirdly, I think you are VERY mistaken to consider Yale, Harvard, Stanford "part-time friendly." Just because they say they might take a part-time student doesn't mean they'll consider a part-time student from TTT.

Fourth, I know nothing about your chances of transferring from a part-time program at a TTT to a full-time program at a T14, but I can't imagine they'll be very good. You might have a shot at GULC, but Id definitely apply to the PT section if I were you.

Good Luck.

adonai

Postby adonai » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:49 am

Last year, someone in the Transfer results thread got into Columbia as a PT from a TTT, I believe. Not sure if it was from a higher ranked program, but IIRC it was a T3. People who were in better schools with same or better ranks didn't get in and there were plenty of surprises and upsets. You can't really predict where you'll get accepted.

j7108

Postby j7108 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:03 am

I realize a 3.67 seems low, but the curve at my school is pretty bad (2.68/2.78).

I worked full-time during law school, have some pretty good softs, and a wealth of substantive work/volunteer experience. I’m not sure if any of that makes a difference or not.

I do appreciate the honesty though.

maf70

Postby maf70 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:07 am

you're welcome. glad to help.

Return to “Transfers”