Transferring to T-14 school from UNC Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
applebottom

New

Transferring to T-14 school from UNC

Post by applebottom » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:32 pm

I rank in the 5-10% at UNC. I want to work in South Florida for a few reasons; one of which being the Heat's recent performance (Although I have more compelling reasons). What schools in the T-14 would be reasonable options? Specifically, which recruits best in S. FL? I have great softs and technically a VA resident.

ndirish2010

Gold

Re: Transferring to T-14 school from UNC

Post by ndirish2010 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:49 am

UVA I would think (plus for the in-state rates)...or Duke, but seeing as you're at UNC now that might be a little weird.

MrKappus

Gold

Post by MrKappus » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:51 am

I would think T7-14 would not be unreasonable to attempt. If your second semester puts you in top 5%, then CCN become more of a possibility. Transfer admissions are notoriously hit-or-miss and hard-to-predict, so if you're serious about doing it you should apply broadly and start getting LORs now.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:55 am

Do you have connections to South FL?

applebottom

New

Post by applebottom » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:17 am

Yeah, my grandmother is Cuban and she lives there. I lived there when I was young but moved away when my mom remarried. So I speak fluent Spanish. Thanks, I thought UVA would be good.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”