Top 30% @Cooley Transfer UMiami, Florida, Baylor, Houston,

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
User avatar
Hank Chill
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:53 pm

Re: Top 30% @Cooley Transfer UMiami, Florida, Baylor, Houston,

Postby Hank Chill » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:43 am

asyed5 wrote:dude I think its pretty fucking straightforward. if theres someone who transferred from t3-t4 to any of the schools listed or if u know someone who did just list the class rank. not asking a lot. thats that. Are u purposely trying to piss me off? I hope not. Up to this point you seemed like the most worthwhile contributor. I've heard of top 20% at cooley going to UMiami just curious to see how everything works out for most. By the way I have EXCELLENT work experience in professional services. thanks again.


You need to flame harder, asyed5.

asyed5
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:27 pm

Re: Top 30% @Cooley Transfer UMiami, Florida, Baylor, Houston,

Postby asyed5 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:54 am

I've already dealt with enough morons in this forum and I just joined yesterday. Constructive things only plz.
Last edited by asyed5 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

asyed5
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:27 pm

Re: Top 30% @Cooley Transfer UMiami, Florida, Baylor, Houston,

Postby asyed5 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:30 am

I'm just looking for some constructive info here everyone seems to be going off on their own fucking tangent. Pretty annoying. Maybe I'm asking too much? If biglaw tells you to focus on a tort negligence claim your not gonna go focus n draft a memo on stuff they DONT ASK you right? focus on the fucking question.
Last edited by asyed5 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
RVP11
Posts: 2774
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:32 pm

Re: Top 30% @Cooley Transfer UMiami, Florida, Baylor, Houston,

Postby RVP11 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:00 pm

asyed5 wrote:y'all went to law school right? that means you cant get points for talking about shit that is irrelavant. you have to issue spot.


Tell us more about your elite exam skills, Top 30% At Cooley Man.

random5483
Posts: 684
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:17 pm

Re: Top 30% @Cooley Transfer UMiami, Florida, Baylor, Houston,

Postby random5483 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:24 pm

Top 30% at Cooley might be sufficient to get into a T3 school. I am going to give you some generic numbers; however, bear in mind your numbers will have to be in the upper end of the ranges provided because:

1. You went to Cooley (among the worst reputation T4 schools)
2. You have already transferred once.


Both of the above facts are considered negatives in admission/transfer applications.


Anyways, to answer your question. To transfer from a T4 you need:

Top 1-3% for a T14.
Top 5-10% for a T1.
Top 10-20% for a T2.
Top 20-30% for a T3.
Top 30-50% for a T4.

These numbers are estimates and hold true for "average" T4s. Cooley is a below average T4 far as most school administrations are concerned and you might have to score better to get into other schools. Also, even if you do not believe it, the fact that you transferred once already will make it next to impossible for you to transfer again.

User avatar
patrickd139
Posts: 2883
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:53 pm

Re: Top 30% @Cooley Transfer UMiami, Florida, Baylor, Houston,

Postby patrickd139 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:33 pm

This thread was thoroughly enjoyable. Thanks to all.

OP: go to Baylor.

asyed5
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:27 pm

Re: Top 30% @Cooley Transfer UMiami, Florida, Baylor, Houston,

Postby asyed5 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:08 pm

RVP11 wrote:
asyed5 wrote:y'all went to law school right? that means you cant get points for talking about shit that is irrelavant. you have to issue spot.


Tell us more about your elite exam skills, Top 30% At Cooley Man.





Tell me more about your tiny penis and inferiority complex man. You seem like the type of douchebag that goes out to public pools and compares yourself to little boys in the shower to get reassured you aren't as pathetic as you truly are and feel better about yourself. Get over it.

asyed5
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:27 pm

Re: Top 30% @Cooley Transfer UMiami, Florida, Baylor, Houston,

Postby asyed5 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:10 pm

random5483 wrote:Top 30% at Cooley might be sufficient to get into a T3 school. I am going to give you some generic numbers; however, bear in mind your numbers will have to be in the upper end of the ranges provided because:

1. You went to Cooley (among the worst reputation T4 schools)
2. You have already transferred once.


Both of the above facts are considered negatives in admission/transfer applications.


Anyways, to answer your question. To transfer from a T4 you need:

Top 1-3% for a T14.
Top 5-10% for a T1.
Top 10-20% for a T2.
Top 20-30% for a T3.
Top 30-50% for a T4.

These numbers are estimates and hold true for "average" T4s. Cooley is a below average T4 far as most school administrations are concerned and you might have to score better to get into other schools. Also, even if you do not believe it, the fact that you transferred once already will make it next to impossible for you to transfer again.




Thanks for the first constructive and legitimate post on here. This is what I would have expected in the first place posting on a law school forum with other "adults".

User avatar
TJISMYHERO
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Re: Top 30% @Cooley Transfer UMiami, Florida, Baylor, Houston,

Postby TJISMYHERO » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:23 pm

This is great.

asyed5
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:27 pm

Re: Top 30% @Cooley Transfer UMiami, Florida, Baylor, Houston,

Postby asyed5 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:25 pm

random5483 wrote:Top 30% at Cooley might be sufficient to get into a T3 school. I am going to give you some generic numbers; however, bear in mind your numbers will have to be in the upper end of the ranges provided because:

1. You went to Cooley (among the worst reputation T4 schools)
2. You have already transferred once.


Both of the above facts are considered negatives in admission/transfer applications.


Anyways, to answer your question. To transfer from a T4 you need:

Top 1-3% for a T14.
Top 5-10% for a T1.
Top 10-20% for a T2.
Top 20-30% for a T3.
Top 30-50% for a T4.

These numbers are estimates and hold true for "average" T4s. Cooley is a below average T4 far as most school administrations are concerned and you might have to score better to get into other schools. Also, even if you do not believe it, the fact that you transferred once already will make it next to impossible for you to transfer again.



So if we are looking at T3 I would guess Stetson would be the best choice over Texas Tech and Southwestern the other two T3 schools I was looking at. I've seen Stetson bounce in and out of the top 100 and from what I've read and heard besides UF, UM, FSU and Stetson all the other law schools in FL are garbage. It is also the best law school in the Tampa area so ya....doesn't sound too bad.

Paulzilla
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:33 pm

Re: Top 30% @Cooley Transfer UMiami, Florida, Baylor, Houston,

Postby Paulzilla » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:53 pm

TJISMYHERO wrote:This is great.


+1. More entertaining than the Super Bowl pregame shows I've been watching all morning.

OP: I'm a 0L but check out yahoo's transfer database and Arrow's transfer thread:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=82937

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transferapps/

User avatar
RVP11
Posts: 2774
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:32 pm

Re: Top 30% @Cooley Transfer UMiami, Florida, Baylor, Houston,

Postby RVP11 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:14 pm

asyed5 wrote:You seem like the type of douchebag that goes out to public pools and compares yourself to little boys in the shower to get reassured you aren't as pathetic as you truly are and feel better about yourself.


QFP. This is a great flame.

User avatar
bergg007
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 12:21 am

Re: Top 30% @Cooley Transfer UMiami, Florida, Baylor, Houston,

Postby bergg007 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:35 pm

How drunk do you think OP was when he wrote this?

User avatar
Hank Chill
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:53 pm

Re: Top 30% @Cooley Transfer UMiami, Florida, Baylor, Houston,

Postby Hank Chill » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:12 pm

bergg007 wrote:How drunk do you think OP was when he wrote this?


Not sure, but I think it Is funnier to imagine him sober with a with a clear head as he typed that first post.

asyed5
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:27 pm

Re: Top 30% @Cooley Transfer UMiami, Florida, Baylor, Houston,

Postby asyed5 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:24 pm

Hank Chill wrote:
bergg007 wrote:How drunk do you think OP was when he wrote this?


Not sure, but I think it Is funnier to imagine him sober with a with a clear head as he typed that first post.


It's harder to imagine you being sober "with a with a". Get over it jerk off. The forum is for law school discussion. Coming here for your personal amusement just probably reflects on how entertaining your life really is. You should get a girlfriend.

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: Top 30% @Cooley Transfer UMiami, Florida, Baylor, Houston,

Postby Helmholtz » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:27 pm

asyed5 wrote:
Hank Chill wrote:
bergg007 wrote:How drunk do you think OP was when he wrote this?


Not sure, but I think it Is funnier to imagine him sober with a with a clear head as he typed that first post.


It's harder to imagine you being sober "with a with a". Get over it jerk off. The forum is for law school discussion. Coming here for your personal amusement just probably reflects on how entertaining your life really is. You should get a girlfriend.


and banned (fyi: would have been banned before this, but I just discovered the thread - thanks for the report)

User avatar
XxSpyKEx
Posts: 1741
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:48 am

Re: Top 30% @Cooley Transfer UMiami, Florida, Baylor, Houston,

Postby XxSpyKEx » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:43 pm

RVP11 wrote:
asyed5 wrote:y'all went to law school right? that means you cant get points for talking about shit that is irrelavant. you have to issue spot.


Tell us more about your elite exam skills, Top 30% At Cooley Man.


asyed5 wrote:Tell me more about your tiny penis and inferiority complex man. You seem like the type of douchebag that goes out to public pools and compares yourself to little boys in the shower to get reassured you aren't as pathetic as you truly are and feel better about yourself. Get over it.


LMFAO. This thread is great


Helmholtz wrote:
asyed5 wrote:
Hank Chill wrote:
bergg007 wrote:How drunk do you think OP was when he wrote this?


Not sure, but I think it Is funnier to imagine him sober with a with a clear head as he typed that first post.


It's harder to imagine you being sober "with a with a". Get over it jerk off. The forum is for law school discussion. Coming here for your personal amusement just probably reflects on how entertaining your life really is. You should get a girlfriend.


and banned


Awww. Come on Helmholtz, this thread is hilarious... I would have waited a day or two more to ban him

mwise
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:01 pm

Re: Top 30% @Cooley Transfer UMiami, Florida, Baylor, Houston,

Postby mwise » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:02 pm

Wow I think someone needs to focus less on transferring and more on his writing class.

User avatar
NYC Law
Posts: 1569
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: Top 30% @Cooley Transfer UMiami, Florida, Baylor, Houston,

Postby NYC Law » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:07 pm

mwise wrote:Wow I think someone needs to focus less on transferring and more on his writing class.


"Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:01 pm"

You created this account just to bump this stupid thread?

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: Top 30% @Cooley Transfer UMiami, Florida, Baylor, Houston,

Postby vanwinkle » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:19 pm

NYC Law wrote:
mwise wrote:Wow I think someone needs to focus less on transferring and more on his writing class.

"Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:01 pm"

You created this account just to bump this stupid thread?

Apparently. And for the same reason, I'll un-create it.




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.