For those of you considering Chic/GULC EA...

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
PitchO20

For those of you considering Chic/GULC EA...

Postby PitchO20 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:34 pm

When do you all plan on going to your current school's Dean for a letter or good standing? I know for GULC EA your transcript must be complete by March 15, and I also know that some schools hold up letters of good standing (no idea about mine, though).

Edit: By 'letter of good standing', I meant GTown's specific form to be included.
Last edited by PitchO20 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

ShockTop

Re: For those of you considering Chic/GULC EA...

Postby ShockTop » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:01 am

Last edited by ShockTop on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:35 am

Deadline isn't until April 30th for Chicago.

I'm not seeing a requirement for a letter of good standing. Is that part of the general application?

transplantedbuckeye

Postby transplantedbuckeye » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:13 am

Many (most?) schools do all of this through the registrar's office. My registrar was awesome and had a turn-around time of less than a day for all my stuff. Find out if the office handles letters of good standing and ask how long it will take.

lawschooliseasy

Postby lawschooliseasy » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:14 am

missinglink wrote:Deadline isn't until April 30th for Chicago.

I'm not seeing a requirement for a letter of good standing. Is that part of the general application?

Also interested in this, as its looking like I'm going to ED Chicago.

mebeSajid

Postby mebeSajid » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:59 pm

My school (a T30) has a bunch of two semester classes, with only one letter grade given out fall semester, but we have fall exams and rankings for fall exams as well, but no actual grades until the spring. Does this basically mean that the Chicago/GULC EA programs are out?

aPosseAdEsse

Postby aPosseAdEsse » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:24 pm

mebeSajid wrote:My school (a T30) has a bunch of two semester classes, with only one letter grade given out fall semester, but we have fall exams and rankings for fall exams as well, but no actual grades until the spring. Does this basically mean that the Chicago/GULC EA programs are out?

Wondering about this as well.

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:30 am

aPosseAdEsse wrote:
mebeSajid wrote:My school (a T30) has a bunch of two semester classes, with only one letter grade given out fall semester, but we have fall exams and rankings for fall exams as well, but no actual grades until the spring. Does this basically mean that the Chicago/GULC EA programs are out?

Wondering about this as well.

I would guess you can't do ED.

From http://www.law.uchicago.edu/prospectives/transfer
Early Decision transfer applicants must ensure that we have received their application and all supporting materials, including a law school transcript containing all first-year, first-semester grades and the Law School Information Form, by April 30, 2010.

I would assume GULC is similar, though I haven't checked.

Return to “Transfers”