Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
maf70
Posts: 370
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:57 am

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby maf70 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:32 am

...
Last edited by maf70 on Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Vronsky
Posts: 829
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:24 pm

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby Vronsky » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:35 am

if they just updated your dates today, it's possible that it just means they pulled your files for review and still need time to make a decision and enter you in the database. I didn't get the UN/PW until sometime in the mid-late afternoon. check after 5pm and it might work.

notsopatient
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:06 pm

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby notsopatient » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:41 am

Complete since 6/22 and no word since.

wh3931110
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:27 pm

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby wh3931110 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:43 am

top 10% at T2.. also updated today, no u/pw.... I would be beyond ecstatic to get into Georgetown, but I am assuming this is a ding or waitlist : (

xmeta
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:22 pm

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby xmeta » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:47 am

Me too, status still complete, date change 6/14 -> 6/28. Looks like last year rejections were via email, so no news in the inbox is good news.

SniperBarbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:27 am

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby SniperBarbie » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:48 am

top 8% at a high T2...also updated today. did they begin dinging/waitlisting this early in previous years?

wh3931110
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:27 pm

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby wh3931110 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:51 am

xmeta, how about waitlist notification? was that done by email also?

xmeta
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:22 pm

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby xmeta » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:56 am

On 2010's EA thread, first rejection reported on July 9 via email. Not sure, but I think waitlists came after that by a few days.

Anyone with a date change today also have "Both" change to FT or PT? I applied to both and nothing changed there.

User avatar
uzpakalis
Posts: 319
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:36 pm

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby uzpakalis » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:37 pm

updated today as well...

lsltyf
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:38 pm

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby lsltyf » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:55 pm

uzpakalis wrote:updated today as well...


Just joining in. Updated as well. T4 Top .5%. I was deferred EA and knowing my luck would assume an outright rejection. I applied to just PT.

a5L
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:42 pm

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby a5L » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:05 pm

still complete 6/22
T2 10%
Last edited by a5L on Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hoyasaxon
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:50 pm

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby hoyasaxon » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:07 pm

stats?

a5L wrote:still complete 6/22

wh3931110
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:27 pm

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby wh3931110 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:13 pm

Almost feels like it has to be rejections or waitlists based on how many of us there are, I just wish we could know one way or the other now!! Making it very hard to focus at work haha

yeah215
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:26 am

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby yeah215 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:25 pm

Also updated. PT only. Are most updated applications today for PT?

DeliciousCake
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:10 pm

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby DeliciousCake » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:39 pm

yeah215 wrote:Also updated. PT only. Are most updated applications today for PT?


I was updated today again (after being complete on 6/15 or something) for both PT and FT. I think others were both as well.

lsltyf
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:38 pm

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby lsltyf » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:43 pm

DeliciousCake wrote:
yeah215 wrote:Also updated. PT only. Are most updated applications today for PT?


I was updated today again (after being complete on 6/15 or something) for both PT and FT. I think others were both as well.


Just wondering did your status checker change from both PT and FT to just one, or does it still show both?

DeliciousCake
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:10 pm

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby DeliciousCake » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:44 pm

lsltyf wrote:
DeliciousCake wrote:
yeah215 wrote:Also updated. PT only. Are most updated applications today for PT?


I was updated today again (after being complete on 6/15 or something) for both PT and FT. I think others were both as well.


Just wondering did your status checker change from both PT and FT to just one, or does it still show both?


still shows both. :( that's not a good sign, is it?

hoyasaxon
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:50 pm

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby hoyasaxon » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:48 pm

i dont think it is.

DeliciousCake wrote:
lsltyf wrote:
DeliciousCake wrote:
yeah215 wrote:Also updated. PT only. Are most updated applications today for PT?


I was updated today again (after being complete on 6/15 or something) for both PT and FT. I think others were both as well.


Just wondering did your status checker change from both PT and FT to just one, or does it still show both?


still shows both. :( that's not a good sign, is it?

User avatar
Wholigan
Posts: 763
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:51 pm

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby Wholigan » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:56 pm

I am still complete 6/22. I don't know if this is good or bad, with more people getting their date updated to today, but no new UN/PWs reported as given out today.

pretzels
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:02 pm

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby pretzels » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:18 pm

Vronsky wrote:if they just updated your dates today, it's possible that it just means they pulled your files for review and still need time to make a decision and enter you in the database. I didn't get the UN/PW until sometime in the mid-late afternoon. check after 5pm and it might work.


i hope this is the case

User avatar
bceagles182
Posts: 615
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:53 pm

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby bceagles182 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:20 pm

Updated today as well.

T2, Top 7%

FT only
Last edited by bceagles182 on Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawfuture10
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:19 pm

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby lawfuture10 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:20 pm

This is feeling a lot like bad news right now... unfortunately.

Also complete today..

T2 top 2-3%

wh3931110
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:27 pm

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby wh3931110 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:23 pm

I still maintain that I will be rejected BUT some of you have numbers that I would have almost certainly thought would get you into GULC... so there is also a chance this will be a mixture of acceptances/rejections/WLs

Guess we will know soon enough : /

hoyasaxon
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:50 pm

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby hoyasaxon » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:28 pm

correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think there's ever been a "mixed" batch release (WLs,dings,acceptances) on one day?

given that, because those who applied both ft/pt didn't get their program changed to either one, i'm assuming all dings or wls.



wh3931110 wrote:I still maintain that I will be rejected BUT some of you have numbers that I would have almost certainly thought would get you into GULC... so there is also a chance this will be a mixture of acceptances/rejections/WLs

Guess we will know soon enough : /

wh3931110
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:27 pm

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby wh3931110 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:29 pm

Sadly I went through last year's thread and I thought I saw something that said there was one batch, which was mixed.




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.