Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
sarryn

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby sarryn » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:29 am

Anyone else definitely going? I don't plan on applying anywhere else.

DeSimone

Postby DeSimone » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:37 am

sarryn wrote:Anyone else definitely going? I don't plan on applying anywhere else.

Start the "class of" thread :)

sarryn

Postby sarryn » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:24 pm

I don't feel qualified!

lawfuture10

Postby lawfuture10 » Mon May 02, 2011 10:11 am

Should I be worried that I havent received any decision yet?

I am starting to think that everyone has either been accepted / deferred at this point, and I still haven't heard a peep from admissions. Should I just assume that they are waiting until after the first deadline this Wednesday to release more decisions? Or should I call and inquire as to why I haven't heard anything yet?

Anyone else still sitting, waiting, wondering? Was really hoping to hear something before I begin finals this week. :(

Coolgrnmen

Postby Coolgrnmen » Mon May 02, 2011 10:35 am

lawfuture10 wrote:Should I be worried that I havent received any decision yet?

I am starting to think that everyone has either been accepted / deferred at this point, and I still haven't heard a peep from admissions. Should I just assume that they are waiting until after the first deadline this Wednesday to release more decisions? Or should I call and inquire as to why I haven't heard anything yet?

Anyone else still sitting, waiting, wondering? Was really hoping to hear something before I begin finals this week. :(

I'm guessing it's a good sign since you weren't deferred with the rest of us...

Expect something after this deadline to pay

DeSimone

Postby DeSimone » Mon May 02, 2011 10:00 pm

Are the email setup instructions an indication of them getting your deposit or is it just a mass mailing?

Regionality

Postby Regionality » Mon May 02, 2011 10:19 pm

DeSimone wrote:Are the email setup instructions an indication of them getting your deposit or is it just a mass mailing?

Start a new thread!

ShockTop

Postby ShockTop » Mon May 02, 2011 11:33 pm

Last edited by ShockTop on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maf70

Postby maf70 » Mon May 02, 2011 11:56 pm

This thread will be dead until they start admitting people RD in July...just saying.

Regionality

Postby Regionality » Tue May 03, 2011 12:12 am

maf70 wrote:This thread will be dead until they start admitting people RD in July...just saying.

Then dead it shall be until we are made aware of other minute, inconsequential, anecdotal evidence that we can hyper-analyze.

ShockTop

Postby ShockTop » Tue May 03, 2011 11:32 pm

Last edited by ShockTop on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeSimone

Postby DeSimone » Tue May 03, 2011 11:43 pm

ShockTop wrote:Yes, like when the first deadline hits, we'll all be F5ing this page so we know who got in via the "second wave," or whatever it's called.

It was 5/4 for some, 5/5 for others. Also, I'm not sure if it's of the postmark variety.

zomginternets

Postby zomginternets » Sun May 08, 2011 4:23 pm

Predictions for this week?

I say a couple of EA acceptances and mostly deferrals.

maf70

Postby maf70 » Sun May 08, 2011 5:35 pm

Sort of thinking that there will be no acceptances until late june to early july.

user279

Postby user279 » Sun May 08, 2011 6:21 pm

Sorry if this has already been posted, but does anyone know the approximate dates for OCI and the transfer write-on competition at GULC?

zomginternets

Postby zomginternets » Sun May 08, 2011 6:45 pm

maf70 wrote:Sort of thinking that there will be no acceptances until late june to early july.

Really? I'm thinking some EA spots might open up as a result of previously accepted applicants not putting down the deposit.

lawloser22

Postby lawloser22 » Sun May 08, 2011 6:56 pm

zomginternets wrote:
maf70 wrote:Sort of thinking that there will be no acceptances until late june to early july.

Really? I'm thinking some EA spots might open up as a result of previously accepted applicants not putting down the deposit.

The transfer write-on begins 6/6 and goes until 7/20. I believe you can select a week period anywhere within the time frame to do it. (Source - http://www.law.georgetown.edu/journals/ ... OnInfo.htm)

EIW is 8/15-19.

Anyone who hasn't actually been deferred yet could plausibly still be on some sort of EA waitlist. I believe if you were deferred then your application will not be reconsidered until after spring grades come out (though I could be wrong).

keg411

Postby keg411 » Mon May 09, 2011 10:25 pm

Just sent my RD app :).

Lawquacious

Postby Lawquacious » Sun May 15, 2011 6:15 am

keg411 wrote:Just sent my RD app :).

Congrats on getting it in... I was an EA deferral, so now I just need to update them.

Found out today that a classmate of mine got accepted EA (I didn't know he had applied, but I had a sense he was thinking about transferring). I was actually genuinely happy for him, but now I also feel concerned that because they already accepted (at least) one from my school they may be less likely to accept me. But I suppose also it could somehow help or at least be a good sign (or have no effect whatsoever). I do feel some jealousy as well, but hopefully I can still join him in the fall (or end up at another T14).

I'm pretty pessimistic about what my grades will look like for this semester, but OTOH it really seems like almost everybody I've heard talking about grades for spring 1L semester (both IRL and on here) has been deeply pessimistic. I suspect it is partly a defensive mechanism used to hedge psychologically and socially against an outcome that is not desired. But I think I will be surprised if I get much over a 3.5 for the second semester (and not surprised if lower), which obviously doesn't bode well since 3.7 or so has trad. been the 10% cutoff at my school.

starchinkilt

Postby starchinkilt » Sun May 15, 2011 3:59 pm

Lawquacious wrote:

Congrats on getting it in... I was an EA deferral, so now I just need to update them.

Found out today that a classmate of mine got accepted EA (I didn't know he had applied, but I had a sense he was thinking about transferring). I was actually genuinely happy for him, but now I also feel concerned that because they already accepted (at least) one from my school they may be less likely to accept me. But I suppose also it could somehow help or at least be a good sign (or have no effect whatsoever). I do feel some jealousy as well, but hopefully I can still join him in the fall (or end up at another T14).

I'm pretty pessimistic about what my grades will look like for this semester, but OTOH it really seems like almost everybody I've heard talking about grades for spring 1L semester (both IRL and on here) has been deeply pessimistic. I suspect it is partly a defensive mechanism used to hedge psychologically and socially against an outcome that is not desired. But I think I will be surprised if I get much over a 3.5 for the second semester (and not surprised if lower), which obviously doesn't bode well since 3.7 or so has trad. been the 10% cutoff at my school.

FWIW, at least two people from my T2 80's school (including me) got in EA already. I think the transfer class is big enough that they don't need to worry about admits from the same school too much. Unless you're from a DC area school, then it might hurt if a crap load of you applied.

Coolgrnmen

Postby Coolgrnmen » Sun May 15, 2011 4:11 pm

starchinkilt wrote:
Lawquacious wrote:

FWIW, at least two people from my T2 80's school (including me) got in EA already. I think the transfer class is big enough that they don't need to worry about admits from the same school too much. Unless you're from a DC area school, then it might hurt if a crap load of you applied.

Also, most EA admits don't end up going to GULC. If they get in there EA, then the chances of them being accepted higher up is also good.

apper123

Postby apper123 » Mon May 16, 2011 2:02 am

Coolgrnmen wrote:Also, most EA admits don't end up going to GULC. If they get in there EA, then the chances of them being accepted higher up is also good.

I'm an EA who got dinged by the entire T6 (didn't apply to HYS) and Penn, fwiw. Chose to attend GULC obv.

starchinkilt

Postby starchinkilt » Mon May 16, 2011 2:31 am

apper123 wrote:
Coolgrnmen wrote:Also, most EA admits don't end up going to GULC. If they get in there EA, then the chances of them being accepted higher up is also good.

I'm an EA who got dinged by the entire T6 (didn't apply to HYS) and Penn, fwiw. Chose to attend GULC obv.

Any housing tips?

Regionality

Postby Regionality » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:11 pm

Hey all,

So I emailed in an unofficial transcript with my second semester grades and my status checker immediately got updated to the 17th. Does anyone have any information on how quickly GULC would come back with a decision for second semester? Will they make decisions based on unofficial transcripts?

username1234

Postby username1234 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:19 pm

I'm curious about the timeline for RD consideration of EA applicants as well. Can anyone more search/tech savvy than I please link the GULC transfer thread for last year? Thanks in advance.

Return to “Transfers”