Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
ms2010
Posts: 352
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:47 pm

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby ms2010 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:24 pm

sarryn wrote:I was one of the --> 4/18 people, then status didn't change and I never got an e-mail asking my classes (like some of you). Last three days I've been trying to request a password on their website, to no avail. Just now, it worked. :)

Does getting username/password --> in? It won't let me get into the actual admitted students website.

If so, I'm going to completely freak out. :)


I would assume. I can tell you that it doesn't work for me and my status hasn't changed. I'm not sure they'd waste their time making sure your e-mail and last name worked in their system if you were not admitted...

zomginternets
Posts: 547
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby zomginternets » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:50 pm

Christ people, read the thread before posting.

Everyone who has gotten a UN/PW got it by requesting it through the website (link is a few pages back). It seems to take 1-2 days to actually work though. It seems like those who did get a UN/PW are now starting to get acceptance letters. So basically, being able to generate a UN/PW=EA admit, and everything else is complete speculation (though status date change from 4/18 to 4/20 seems to indicate EA acceptance).

Davis54
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby Davis54 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:58 pm

Can anyone with a 4/21 date NOT get their username/password?

sarryn
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:40 am

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby sarryn » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:06 pm

Davis54 wrote:Can anyone with a 4/21 date NOT get their username/password?


My status changed to 4/21 much earlier today. However, I couldn't get the username/password until a few hours ago. Just saying. If someone got their status changed, it might take a few hours to get the username/password.

User avatar
DeSimone
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:49 pm

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby DeSimone » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:48 am

--ImageRemoved--
Boom!

User avatar
starchinkilt
Posts: 361
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:22 am

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby starchinkilt » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:51 am

DeSimone wrote:Boom!


Congrats!

sarryn
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:40 am

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby sarryn » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:26 am

It's working for me too.

lsltyf
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:38 pm

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby lsltyf » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:49 am

sarryn wrote:It's working for me too.


Congrats to everyone who got in.

ms2010
Posts: 352
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:47 pm

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby ms2010 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:58 am

lsltyf wrote:
sarryn wrote:It's working for me too.


Congrats to everyone who got in.


Congrats all! Anyone definitely attending?

Davis54
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby Davis54 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:13 am

Anyone else with 4/21 still not able to get a un/pw?

User avatar
quiver
Posts: 864
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby quiver » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:22 am

got my letter in the mail today

username1111
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:16 am

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby username1111 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:28 am

quiver wrote:got my letter in the mail today




you live on the east coast?

I'm close to dc and was hoping to get mine today too..

User avatar
quiver
Posts: 864
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby quiver » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:01 pm

quiver wrote:you live on the east coast?

I'm close to dc and was hoping to get mine today too..

yup, further up the east coast, NJ, NY, CT area

Rabbi Marshak
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:29 am

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby Rabbi Marshak » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:07 pm

I went "Complete 3/12" -----> "Complete 4/21" -----> Access to the Admitted Students Website.

User avatar
Regionality
Posts: 789
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:13 am

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby Regionality » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:15 pm

Any noteworthy change for people?

Whyaren'tIstudying
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby Whyaren'tIstudying » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:35 pm

Regionality wrote:Any noteworthy change for people?


For any PT applicants, and for what it's worth-- I went Complete 3/14, Complete 4/18, 4/20, 4/21. Got UN/PW yesterday (I tried on 4/20 to no avail, and even early in the day 4/21), and I can access the Admitted Student's page today.

j7108
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:47 pm

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby j7108 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:13 pm

Whyaren'tIstudying wrote:
Regionality wrote:Any noteworthy change for people?


For any PT applicants, and for what it's worth-- I went Complete 3/14, Complete 4/18, 4/20, 4/21. Got UN/PW yesterday (I tried on 4/20 to no avail, and even early in the day 4/21), and I can access the Admitted Student's page today.



Stats?

Whyaren'tIstudying
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby Whyaren'tIstudying » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:56 pm

j7108 wrote:
Whyaren'tIstudying wrote:
Regionality wrote:Any noteworthy change for people?


For any PT applicants, and for what it's worth-- I went Complete 3/14, Complete 4/18, 4/20, 4/21. Got UN/PW yesterday (I tried on 4/20 to no avail, and even early in the day 4/21), and I can access the Admitted Student's page today.



Stats?


I mentioned them above. Currently in PT with 3.9 at a T50 in the DC Metro area (that'll narrow the possibilities a bit...)

ms2010
Posts: 352
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:47 pm

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby ms2010 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:02 pm

it seems like this year is so far being done pretty different.

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby CyLaw » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:09 pm

Just got my acceptance letter in the Mail. (New York). Postmark is the same as the my updated complete date (4/20).

Now I have to make a decision on whether to lateral transfer for personal reasons.

User avatar
Regionality
Posts: 789
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:13 am

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby Regionality » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:44 pm

CyLaw wrote:Just got my acceptance letter in the Mail. (New York). Postmark is the same as the my updated complete date (4/20).

Now I have to make a decision on whether to lateral transfer for personal reasons.


I'm having trouble thinking of a lateral transfer from New York? The schools I can think of would either be transferring down or up by a decent amount.

[Edit] Unless by NY you mean NY State and then you'd be at Cornell?

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby CyLaw » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:47 pm

Regionality wrote:
CyLaw wrote:Just got my acceptance letter in the Mail. (New York). Postmark is the same as the my updated complete date (4/20).

Now I have to make a decision on whether to lateral transfer for personal reasons.


I'm having trouble thinking of a lateral transfer from New York? The schools I can think of would either be transferring down or up by a decent amount.

[Edit] Unless by NY you mean NY State and then you'd be at Cornell?


Yes. By New York, I mean the State of New York. And, I am at Cornell.

Davis54
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby Davis54 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:49 pm

Did anybody see any changes today? Was the admissions office even open?

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby CyLaw » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:51 pm

Davis54 wrote:Did anybody see any changes today? Was the admissions office even open?


According to their academic calendar, they did not have classes today. I imagine the admissions office was also not open.

Coolgrnmen
Posts: 489
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:20 pm

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby Coolgrnmen » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:54 pm

Davis54 wrote:Did anybody see any changes today? Was the admissions office even open?

I don't think it was open today (good friday)

@Regionality...Cornell v. Georgetown - interesting. Cornell is a great place for Big Law in NYC from what I understand...and the %s are higher than placement at Georgetown...
Whatever, personal reasons are personal. Good luck on your decision.




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.