Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Regionality

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby Regionality » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:07 pm

wow my subtle April Fools joking baited a few of you but didn't result in the anxious frenzy I was expecting.

None of that happened to me. Still "Application Completed" from 3/8/2011

DeSimone

Postby DeSimone » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:22 pm

Regionality wrote:wow my subtle April Fools joking baited a few of you but didn't result in the anxious frenzy I was expecting.

--ImageRemoved--

Coolgrnmen

Postby Coolgrnmen » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:23 pm

Regionality wrote:wow my subtle April Fools joking baited a few of you but didn't result in the anxious frenzy I was expecting.

Lol...it's cause I beat you to it...

Most of these guys are too rational to get frenzied...kinda

Regionality

Postby Regionality » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:30 pm

Coolgrnmen wrote:

lol no way. Most of us are too anal to have the will power to avoid hyper-analyzing everything.

Coolgrnmen

Postby Coolgrnmen » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:18 pm

Regionality wrote:
Coolgrnmen wrote:

lol no way. Most of us are too anal to have the will power to avoid hyper-analyzing everything.

Lol...touché salesman

DeSimone

Postby DeSimone » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:49 am

Does anyone remember how many batches they had last year and their approximate timing?

JOThompson

Postby JOThompson » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:39 pm

Can't believe I missed the EA deadline. Good luck to everyone!

Vronsky

Postby Vronsky » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:59 pm

DeSimone wrote:Does anyone remember how many batches they had last year and their approximate timing?

IIRC, first batch was around April 20th and included mostly auto-admits and some deferrals. The second batch was a week later and included some regular admits and more deferrals. beyond that, i don't know, but i'm assuming they continue the batches until they start waiting for RD transfer applications.

XM3045

Postby XM3045 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:27 pm

DeSimone wrote:Does anyone remember how many batches they had last year and their approximate timing?

You guys are much quieter than the frenzy that was going on last year. I actually think last year there was one big EA batch and the GPAs that squeaked in for EA were crazy high (like 3.9+). If you really want to end up at GULC though and get deferred (which I would guess 85% of people were last year) don't get too stressed. Most of the admitted EA people were applying as a "safety" and ended up higher ranked schools- a ton of spots start to open up end of June and throughout July. I actually think I was one of very few EA people that ended up at GULC.

Good luck!

Vronsky

Postby Vronsky » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:23 pm

So I emailed the office to update my resume to include my judicial internship... I emailed back to the address that sent me my status-check-login (which the email indicated is the address I should address any concerns to), but I got a Out of Office auto-reply. It said the office is extremely busy right now (I guess b/c of 0L and transfer apps right now), so they will get to it when they get to it.

Should I try to contact someone else? Does it even matter?

Coolgrnmen

Postby Coolgrnmen » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:38 pm

Vronsky wrote:So I emailed the office to update my resume to include my judicial internship... I emailed back to the address that sent me my status-check-login (which the email indicated is the address I should address any concerns to), but I got a Out of Office auto-reply. It said the office is extremely busy right now (I guess b/c of 0L and transfer apps right now), so they will get to it when they get to it.

I'd call and ask for corey...he's taken care of all my updates.

DeSimone

Postby DeSimone » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:44 pm

Vronsky wrote:the office is extremely busy right now (I guess b/c of 0L and transfer apps right now)

fixed :)

Vronsky

Postby Vronsky » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:33 pm

Coolgrnmen wrote:
Vronsky wrote:So I emailed the office to update my resume to include my judicial internship... I emailed back to the address that sent me my status-check-login (which the email indicated is the address I should address any concerns to), but I got a Out of Office auto-reply. It said the office is extremely busy right now (I guess b/c of 0L and transfer apps right now), so they will get to it when they get to it.

Actually they got back to me shortly despite the out-of-office autoReply. It was also from Corey! So i'm updated :)

Spazduck

Postby Spazduck » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:17 pm

Vronsky wrote:
Coolgrnmen wrote:

Actually they got back to me shortly despite the out-of-office autoReply. It was also from Corey! So i'm updated :)

So, is a judicial internship worth contacting them about? I just got an internship on the Fifth Circuit. Should I email them?

DeSimone

Postby DeSimone » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:26 pm

Spazduck wrote:So, is a judicial internship worth contacting them about? I just got an internship on the Fifth Circuit. Should I email them?

District Court or COA?

Coolgrnmen

Postby Coolgrnmen » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:33 pm

Spazduck wrote:
Vronsky wrote:
Coolgrnmen wrote:

So, is a judicial internship worth contacting them about? I just got an internship on the Fifth Circuit. Should I email them?

Ha, mines on the 5th circuit too...
District court, maybe...CoA...definitely

maf70

Postby maf70 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:09 pm

My apartment told me I had a package on Friday...wasn't expecting anything. Secretly hoped it would be from Georgetown even though I knew it was too early. It was some stupid Cali award from my school. Bawls.

DeSimone

Postby DeSimone » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:29 am

maf70 wrote:My apartment told me I had a package on Friday...wasn't expecting anything. Secretly hoped it would be from Georgetown even though I knew it was too early. It was some stupid Cali award from my school. Bawls.

Yeah, it would probably be the first ever acceptance before the app goes to review..

Spazduck

Postby Spazduck » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:35 am

DeSimone wrote:
Spazduck wrote:So, is a judicial internship worth contacting them about? I just got an internship on the Fifth Circuit. Should I email them?

District Court or COA?

COA. Would I just send them an email with a new resume? Or should I specifically mention the internship in the email?

DeSimone

Postby DeSimone » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:51 am

Spazduck wrote:
DeSimone wrote:

District Court or COA?

COA. Would I just send them an email with a new resume? Or should I specifically mention the internship in the email?

If the resume you submitted with the application states a different summer gig, I'd send an updated resume. Otherwise, an email should do.

Spazduck

Postby Spazduck » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:58 am

DeSimone wrote:
Spazduck wrote:
DeSimone wrote:

District Court or COA?

If the resume you submitted with the application states a different summer gig, I'd send an updated resume. Otherwise, an email should do.

I really appreciate the advice. I'm not sure how much they'll care, but it couldn't hurt.

Spazduck

Postby Spazduck » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:32 pm

Any idea whether being on a journal will help? One of the secondary journals at my school has write-on in the middle of Spring semester, and I made it. Any chance it might hurt, since a person may be less likely to transfer if they've already secured a journal spot?

Coolgrnmen

Postby Coolgrnmen » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:42 pm

Spazduck wrote:Any idea whether being on a journal will help? One of the secondary journals at my school has write-on in the middle of Spring semester, and I made it. Any chance it might hurt, since a person may be less likely to transfer if they've already secured a journal spot?

I don't see why it would hurt...its a demonstrated ability to write...

Younger Abstention

Postby Younger Abstention » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:28 am

Spazduck wrote:Any idea whether being on a journal will help? One of the secondary journals at my school has write-on in the middle of Spring semester, and I made it. Any chance it might hurt, since a person may be less likely to transfer if they've already secured a journal spot?

Won't make a difference either way. They care about your the school you are coming from, and of course your GPA/class rank.

DeSimone

Postby DeSimone » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:36 am

Any insider info (or educated guesses) as to the volume of EA apps this year compared to prior years?

Return to “Transfers”