Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
RMstratosphere

Re: Georgetown EA 2011 Thread

Postby RMstratosphere » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:51 pm

sarryn wrote:
Coolgrnmen wrote:Just thought this was interesting (has nothing to do with the transfer class).

Georgetown on March 2nd posted an update on their admissions page that "even thought the deadline has passed for JD admission," they will continue to accept applications until further notice.
The # of people taking the LSAT this year was about 18% less - wonder how that tied in...

Maybe this will help transfer students...

Oh, and just submitted my application. *fingers crossed*

Mailed my application in this morning. How long is it taking (1) get a status checker and/or (2) go complete? Also, how are you getting the relevant log-in info for status checker?

Regionality

Postby Regionality » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:54 pm

RMstratosphere wrote:
sarryn wrote:
Coolgrnmen wrote:Just thought this was interesting (has nothing to do with the transfer class).

Georgetown on March 2nd posted an update on their admissions page that "even thought the deadline has passed for JD admission," they will continue to accept applications until further notice.
The # of people taking the LSAT this year was about 18% less - wonder how that tied in...

Mailed my application in this morning. How long is it taking (1) get a status checker and/or (2) go complete? Also, how are you getting the relevant log-in info for status checker?

They will email it all to you. How did you mail in your app when they require it be sent by CAS?

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:01 pm

Regionality wrote:
RMstratosphere wrote:
sarryn wrote:

They will email it all to you. How did you mail in your app when they require it be sent by CAS?

They require the CAS report, not that the app be sent by LSAC. They will require the CAS report, which will have to be paid through LSAC.

Regionality

Postby Regionality » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:02 pm

CyLaw wrote:
Regionality wrote:
RMstratosphere wrote:
sarryn wrote:

They require the CAS report, not that the app be sent by LSAC. They will require the CAS report, which will have to be paid through LSAC.

And the application can also be sent via LSAC...why would anyone mail it in?? It's so convenient on LSAC!

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:07 pm

Regionality wrote:And the application can also be sent via LSAC...why would anyone mail it in?? It's so convenient on LSAC!

I agree. But you asked "how," I have no clue why anyone would want to do it by mail.

Coolgrnmen

Postby Coolgrnmen » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:12 pm

CyLaw wrote:
Regionality wrote:And the application can also be sent via LSAC...why would anyone mail it in?? It's so convenient on LSAC!

I agree. But you asked "how," I have no clue why anyone would want to do it by mail.

LSAC takes 5-10 days to process transcripts and LORs. If you are running low on time, sending all the materials together directly to them may save you. I considered doing it when LSAC last one of my transcripts. Had a second one sent and they expedited processing.
Did you know, if they screw up, there is an address you can send stuff to where they will process it immediately when they get it in the mail? They gave me that address when my previous transcript was lost. Took 3 days from transcript request to processing.

Regionality

Postby Regionality » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:21 pm

Coolgrnmen wrote:
CyLaw wrote:

LSAC takes 5-10 days to process transcripts and LORs. If you are running low on time, sending all the materials together directly to them may save you. I considered doing it when LSAC last one of my transcripts. Had a second one sent and they expedited processing.
Did you know, if they screw up, there is an address you can send stuff to where they will process it immediately when they get it in the mail? They gave me that address when my previous transcript was lost. Took 3 days from transcript request to processing.

ah, ok. Got it.

RMstratosphere

Postby RMstratosphere » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:52 pm

Coolgrnmen wrote:
CyLaw wrote:

This.

During my initial application process LSAC lost my transcript and a letter of recommendation- so I didn't want to risk missing the 03/15 deadline. Obviously I did everything on CAS, but I also sent the entire package via snail mail.

Spazduck

Postby Spazduck » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:52 am

Submitted my application on the 3/2 and complete on 3/7.

Top 10% (close to 5% cutoff) at W&L
M.A. in Constitutional Law Studies
PS devoted to GULC's con law program

hoyasaxon

Postby hoyasaxon » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:46 pm

Top 45, PT; gpa:3.62, top 5, 10% (top 5% for 2013 PT class demarcated at around 3.63).

Gtown alum;

Chances? Inevitable deferral? My Dean of Students said that the lowest gpa he saw getting into GULC EA from my school was a 3.54.

Coolgrnmen

Postby Coolgrnmen » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:51 pm

hoyasaxon wrote:Top 45, PT; gpa:3.62, top 5, 10% (top 5% for 2013 PT class demarcated at around 3.63).

Gtown alum;

Chances? Inevitable deferral? My Dean of Students said that the lowest gpa he saw getting into GULC EA from my school was a 3.54.

for PT? I have no idea...good luck either way.

hoyasaxon

Postby hoyasaxon » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:18 pm

Yup, applying only for PT; thanks for the wishes - almost certainly anticipating a deferral

Coolgrnmen

Postby Coolgrnmen » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:28 pm

hoyasaxon wrote:Yup, applying only for PT; thanks for the wishes - almost certainly anticipating a deferral

I'm anticipating nothing but a deferral/ rejection...lol

edit: I was an idiot in spelling

Sias

Postby Sias » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:38 pm

Top 40-50 school, GPA 3.74 (approx. top 5-10%), went complete today for EA.

Regionality

Postby Regionality » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:15 pm

Submitted on the 2nd, went complete today (8th). Not bad, Georgetown...not bad.

Here's to hoping!

RMstratosphere

Postby RMstratosphere » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:35 pm

Sent on 03/07. Received 03/10. Complete 03/10. Damnnnnn. Respect, Georgetown.

DeSimone

Postby DeSimone » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:17 pm

RMstratosphere wrote:Sent on 03/07. Received 03/10. Complete 03/10. Damnnnnn. Respect, Georgetown.

Just to clarify. Complete the same day you got your password email?

RMstratosphere

Postby RMstratosphere » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:13 am

DeSimone wrote:
RMstratosphere wrote:Sent on 03/07. Received 03/10. Complete 03/10. Damnnnnn. Respect, Georgetown.

Just to clarify. Complete the same day you got your password email?

They contacted me to let me know my app had been received and I asked if it was "complete" for EA purposes.* They said yes.

*I don't want that to come across as pretentious or douchey- it was an administrative thing.

DeSimone

Postby DeSimone » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:26 pm

Looks like the class of EA applicants is about to close (sorry, too much property studying).

Let the waiting begin.

Coolgrnmen

Postby Coolgrnmen » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:57 pm

DeSimone wrote:Looks like the class of EA applicants is about to close (sorry, too much property studying).

Let the waiting begin.

Not sure what you are saying 'sorry' for...

anyways, They still have tomorrow to submit, but it does look like it is coming to a close finally. Decisions should be out within, what, a month? God help me...lol

Vronsky

Postby Vronsky » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:11 pm

Coolgrnmen wrote:
DeSimone wrote:Looks like the class of EA applicants is about to close (sorry, too much property studying).

Let the waiting begin.

anyways, They still have tomorrow to submit, but it does look like it is coming to a close finally. Decisions should be out within, what, a month? God help me...lol

Yay today's the closing day! He was saying "close" as in closing date for a real estate transaction, maybe? I hope my bundle of property rights soon includes a semi-property right in an early acceptance! See, generally, O'Brien v. O'Brien (establishing a marital property interest in divorce proceedings for a medical degree obtained during marriage in NY). lol so what if i'm a dork?

As soon as anyone goes from Application Complete --> Under review, please post an update! The waiting game is going to suck, but GL!

maf70

Postby maf70 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:13 pm

Vronsky wrote:
Coolgrnmen wrote:

Let the waiting begin.

Yay today's the closing day! He was saying "close" as in closing date for a real estate transaction, maybe? I hope my bundle of property rights soon includes a semi-property right in an early acceptance! See, generally, O'Brien v. O'Brien (establishing a marital property interest in divorce proceedings for a medical degree obtained during marriage in NY). lol so what if i'm a dork?

As soon as anyone goes from Application Complete --> Under review, please post an update! The waiting game is going to suck, but GL!

+1

sarryn

Postby sarryn » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:02 pm

Vronsky wrote:
Coolgrnmen wrote:

Let the waiting begin.

I think he was saying "close" in reference to classes, i.e., the interest is vested, subject to open. :)

DeSimone

Postby DeSimone » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:06 pm

sarryn wrote:I think he was saying "close" in reference to classes, i.e., the interest is vested, subject to open. :)

It will only be subject to complete divestment in a couple of hours.

lawfuture10

Postby lawfuture10 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:07 pm

DeSimone wrote:
sarryn wrote:I think he was saying "close" in reference to classes, i.e., the interest is vested, subject to open. :)

It will only be subject to complete divestment in a couple of hours.

Ugh the property puns are killer

Return to “Transfers”